PDA

View Full Version : What is going on behind the scenes?

hodgey
09-01-2015, 07:37 AM
Revell off, Pringle looks to be on his way as well, even if his move to Millwall is "dead in the water"? Looks to me as if we're over budget and cutting our cloth accordingly before we can get any body in.

Hope it get's sorted but I cannot see us getting anything from the next few games unfortunately. :blue:

millertop
09-01-2015, 07:42 AM
I did say Pringle was'nt happy a few weeks ago (wickersley miller & his sidekick will like that >:( )

who is on the pitch in the next game ? XD

vespabri
09-01-2015, 07:42 AM
We really must get ATLEAST 2 draws from Brentford/Bournemouth games otherwise i can see the mood around NYS changing rapidly.
Good times never last forever but i pray we stay up..even on goal difference.

hillsborough miller
09-01-2015, 07:46 AM
the mood has already changed at nys it was like a morgue on saturday.
im very pessismistic about our future.
if we have no money to buy before selling

then one person to blame EVANS with his 63 PLAYERS is a joke

merseymiller
09-01-2015, 07:54 AM
63 players is a joke???? Over 3 seasons Evans has got us 2 promotions and we are playing Championship football...yep he should have stuck with players that weren't good enough and settled for Div 2 football. Some fans are beyond belief!! Evans and Stewart are winners that's what they thrive on...if the players hearts and minds aren't in it get rid.
Evans has always said he wants 100% from his players and staff, demands even. I'd rather go through players than have them sat in the reserves stealing a wage. On our budget some will work some won't if they don't work move them out

C_Millers
09-01-2015, 08:09 AM
But we are wasting a ridiculous amount of money, to bring in 22 players and hardly any of them improve the squad just isn't good enough. We look as though we are doing our best to make a complete mess of this season.

Also can't believe we have tried to flog Pringle to a relegation rival that just lacks all common sense.

vespabri
09-01-2015, 08:16 AM
And at 175,000 thats a joke aswell.

hillsborough miller
09-01-2015, 08:20 AM
im not saying his promotions are a joke im talking about the wasted money he has spent on the playes and losing pringle to a potential rival has me seething

pringle has his good and bad moments and been played out of position has made it worst.

pringles cross revells head one the best tactics we had and its gone gone gone

C_Millers
09-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Think Pringle will be first to admit some of his performances haven't been great but to just try and get shut of someone who's been such a key player worries me .
Looks like we can only sell before we buy, but in my opinion we are selling the wrong players.

hillsborough miller
09-01-2015, 08:22 AM
evans quoting that doyle was too much, so he will go to a rival like tavs to wigan, dicko to wolves and we suffer

millertop
09-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Stop living in the past :/ yes we were promoted some good play but also luck.

It's now what matters, it's not happening at the moment and Evans needs to look at himself and staff as well as players .

Like already said 22 players this season and how many/ got much game time? Joke.

C_Millers
09-01-2015, 08:45 AM
The scattergun approach worked in league one and two but as we are finding out in this division we need to be more thoughtful with who we sign.

There was absolutely no need for the amount of players we brought in, 5 maybe 6 additions with a bit of quality was what we needed.

vespabri
09-01-2015, 08:55 AM
Quality not quantity please Steve!

leedsmiller
09-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Having spent a few months in the Championship no doubt the likes of Revell and Pringle are now fully aware of relative pay structures. Why sign another contract when there's real money to be earned elsewhere. Can't blame 'em, the reality is we can't (or won't) compete.

TimeforAle
09-01-2015, 09:13 AM
63 players is a joke???? Over 3 seasons Evans has got us 2 promotions and we are playing Championship football...yep he should have stuck with players that weren't good enough and settled for Div 2 football. Some fans are beyond belief!! Evans and Stewart are winners that's what they thrive on...if the players hearts and minds aren't in it get rid.
Evans has always said he wants 100% from his players and staff, demands even. I'd rather go through players than have them sat in the reserves stealing a wage. On our budget some will work some won't if they don't work move them out

I would suggest it's your reaction and opinion that is beyond belief!!!

If the scouting network or the Evans/Raynor view of players was anywhere up to scratch we wouldn't need to sign 63 players, and then pay many of them off without hardly a kick! That is wasting money!! Consider also the level of investment we made over the summer (yet again) and the

hodgey
09-01-2015, 09:15 AM

If the scouting network or the Evans/Raynor view of players was anywhere up to scratch we wouldn't need to sign 63 players, and then pay many of them off without hardly a kick! That is wasting money!! Consider also the level of invest

TimeforAle
09-01-2015, 09:18 AM

If the scouting network or the Evans/Raynor view of players was anywhere up to scratch we wouldn't need to sign 63 players, and then pay many of them off without hardly a kick! That is wasti

hillsborough miller
09-01-2015, 09:30 AM
yep agree about newton

some say green is a class player i think his legs have gone give newton ago for 3 matches with frecks.

i admit we are minnows but evans wastes money faster than a drunken mp in a pole dancing bar.

then he blames players for not doing this and that. managerial suicide.

i agree ben and alex have realised this and going for the better offer and who blames them and other managers realise our wage structure is ripe for the picking and are going to rip us to bit and take out backbone out

agard more money
revs more money

it wouldnt surprise me is arnie goes as well as he is best mates with pringle.

leedsmiller
09-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Can't knock Evans 2 promotions and the joy that brought to the town and supporters but we're now faced with the reality that our success was built on the shifting sands of loan signings. Where he's failed is not putting down any solid foundations. He's not bought more than two or three players of note since we exited League 2. He opted for short term success rather than long term stability and now we're facing the consequences.

hillsborough miller
09-01-2015, 09:40 AM
I want some one gone and he isnt a player
because he wont accept he is mout of his depth and needs help and IT HAS BEEN OFFERED AND HE SAID NO

C_Millers
09-01-2015, 09:41 AM
We are a fairly small club in terms of this division but I wish some would stop making us out to be this Micky mouse outfit because we aren't anymore.

Bringing in over 20 players suggests that there is a decent amount of money available it's just how you use it.

hodgey
09-01-2015, 09:42 AM
I have a feeling next few games could be massive for us and Mr Evans especially!

vespabri
09-01-2015, 09:42 AM

If the scouting network or the Evans/Raynor view of players was anywhere up to scratch we wouldn't need to sign 63 players, and then pay many of them off without hardly a kick! That is wasting money!! Consider also the level of invest

the_idiotb_stardson
09-01-2015, 09:53 AM
I want some one gone and he isnt a player
because he wont accept he is mout of his depth and needs help and IT HAS BEEN OFFERED AND HE SAID NO

Can you clarify that? Who said Evans needed help? How do you know he turned it down?

hillsborough miller
09-01-2015, 09:58 AM
he needs a coach with championship experience and a good source at the club told me he was offered this i wonts as it could affect the person employment

PeteWaller
09-01-2015, 10:20 AM
The passionate amongst us are quite rightly panicking a little. I am too.

There is no solid platform to go forward with and even suggesting Prings can go to fellow strugglers is outrageous. Could anyone believe at Wembley only last year that we would be treading the Championship boards without Revs, Pringle, Agard and Tavs.

Does not make sense and there have been let's be kind and just say strange signings including loan signings who are no longer with us but whose presence tempted us to change style.

Well what style do we play now? Passing game is a no go as we've lost the loan signings and long ball won't work as we have JCH and Bowery who can't head a ball for love nor money.

Our platform should have been last seasons team plus about 3 or 4 others perhaps - of quality. None of us know the numbers but I suspect that could have been done at a lesser cost to what we have paid out in the last 6-7 months.

Can anyone see us scoring in the last few minutes of a game now? There can

hodgey
09-01-2015, 10:43 AM
[quote="PeteWaller"]The passionate amongst us are quite rightly panicking a little. I am too.

There is no solid platform to go forward with and even suggesting Prings can go to fellow strugglers is outrageous. Could anyone believe at Wembley only last year that we would be treading the Championship boards without Revs, Pringle, Agard and Tavs.

Does not make sense and there have been let's be kind and just say strange signings including loan signings who are no longer with us but whose presence tempted us to change style.

Well what style do we play now? Passing game is a no go as we've lost the loan signings and long ball won't work as we have JCH and Bowery who can't head a ball for love nor money.

Our platform should have been last seasons team plus about 3 or 4 others perhaps - of quality. None of us know the numbers but I suspect that could have been done at a lesser cost to what we have paid out in the last 6-7 months.

Can anyone see us scoring i

C_Millers
09-01-2015, 11:09 AM
Evans talks about evolution but I think the next part of that may be him going out the door.

Not for one minute do I want him to get the sack but the signs we've been showing for a few weeks now aren't good ones.

hillsborough miller
09-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Evans talks about evolution but I think the next part of that may be him going out the door.

Not for one minute do I want him to get the sack but the signs we've been showing for a few weeks now aren't good ones.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH HIM i gave him until nov for the players he has signed to gel that didnt happen now we lose revell and maybe pringle and replace them with loan signings.

hillsborough miller
09-01-2015, 11:25 AM
BRANDY GONE never given a chance in my opinion
and tidser paid up ( another burning of our seaon ticket and TS money by evans)

jolly_roger
09-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Said this before, everybody in no matter what they do finds a level that due to talent they find very difficult to improve on.

Steve Evans and his Mr Yes partner have found that level. Yes they've had success in the "thud and blunder" levels of league 1 and 2 but in the championship they are struggling on many levels.

Transfers - A hit and miss scattergun strategy that might seem a cheaper option but is costing a fortune in wages, agent fees and pay offs.

Tempting the Star - looking at the 63 ins and outs we've had if you were a pro player and SE is promising you this and that, would you trust him? or would you think it's far too risky? I suspect many are put off.

Selling the Talisman - The guy that summed up all we were good at in the last two seasons gone without a real explanation.

Survival is the key - Yes we might survive but the SE football is rubbish and as such wont do much for season ticket renewals and attracting the "floating plastics"

Tony Stewart - Where would we be

the_idiotb_stardson
09-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Nothing official about Pringle. Could it be Bull?

Grozzrufc69
09-01-2015, 11:38 AM
What I find outrageous is the amount of people questioning that Evans has no idea what he is doing.

I find it equally outrageous that anyone who doesn't think Revell and Pringle sales are good business especially Revell.

I saw 400K mentioned as a fee yesterday and surely someone pressed an extra 0.

Both these two are league 1 players and we are trying to establish ourselves in the championship. Steve Evans has never let us down once since he came to us and his record prior was equally outstanding. He clearly has a revolving door on players but that is the way to do it in my opinion.

You will never know what you get until you get them and when Steve finds one who does the job he wants he keeps when he doesn't he moves them on.

Incidentally pringle in my opinion has been one of our better players for the last few years and to a lesser extent Revell has been an important part of what we have achieved but there time as first team starters was over for me and I for one trust Steve

Galant
09-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Excellent post GROZZ - most of the drivel posted above is by real people with the brains taken out - your post was a refreshing exception.

1960smiller
09-01-2015, 07:37 PM
[quote="Grozzrufc69"]What I find outrageous is the amount of people questioning that Evans has no idea what he is doing.

I find it equally outrageous that anyone who doesn't think Revell and Pringle sales are good business especially Revell.

I saw 400K mentioned as a fee yesterday and surely someone pressed an extra 0.

Both these two are league 1 players and we are trying to establish ourselves in the championship. Steve Evans has never let us down once since he came to us and his record prior was equally outstanding. He clearly has a revolving door on players but that is the way to do it in my opinion.

You will never know what you get until you get them and when Steve finds one who does the job he wants he keeps when he doesn't he moves them on.

Incidentally pringle in my opinion has been one of our better players for the last few years and to a lesser extent Revell has been an important part of what we have achieved but there time as first team s

niamh999
09-01-2015, 07:49 PM
With arguably the lowest or one of the lowest budgets in the division i think evans has had to gamble on players who have lost a bit of form and are willing to take a drop in money hoping that 2 or 3 turn out to be a success what else can he do when players are on big bucks we cant afford , morgan is a classic example , frecklington was also out of favour when we signed him . Then you have the likes of brandy hall and saddler who clearly havent worked out . Im sure evans wanted to sign dicko , tavernier and may but is working to a budget Do people really want us to gamble with our future and go back to the days of death valley stadium . Give the bloke a chance some of those hes moving on are good loyal servants and have been great for rotherham but was there ideal level league 1 ? The biggest difference in this league is pace which we had a serious lack of all around the pitch which is what evans has clearly tried to adress with the likes of hammill especially

riccallmiller
09-01-2015, 08:43 PM
We have now signed Hammill and Ward. Anyone who saw Pringle floundering like a fish out of water against Bournemouth and grabbing hold of players like a petulent child when they ghosted past him should be pleased a rival is taking him. He has hardly crossed a ball apart from the odd corner for weeks. I appreciate he,s out of position at times but he,s been poor. When Taylor runs with the ball and messes up , pringle runs over to Evans to complain. he,s not played well for weeks.

luvpud
09-01-2015, 08:50 PM
We have now signed Hammill and Ward. Anyone who saw Pringle floundering like a fish out of water against Bournemouth and grabbing hold of players like a petulent child when they ghosted past him should be pleased a rival is taking him. He has hardly crossed a ball apart from the odd corner for weeks. I appreciate he,s out of position at times but he,s been poor. When Taylor runs with the ball and messes up , pringle runs over to Evans to complain. he,s not played well for weeks.
Couldn't agree more .

howdydoo
09-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Couldn't agree more .[/quote]

Nor me? Check the stats? Is it 1 goal in about 50 games now? Petulance comes to the fore, when the going gets tough.

Wickersley_Miller
09-01-2015, 11:38 PM
I did say Pringle was'nt happy a few weeks ago (wickersley miller & his sidekick will like that >:( )

Who's my sidekick you to55er?

Get a life, get a job, and stop thinking you work for Rotherham United as a reporter

pollittburo
09-01-2015, 11:53 PM
Most of us have been watching the millers for many a year.

We have witnessed the good and the bad, and as such, we should all recognise the current situation.

We are experiencing the usual "Levelling Out Effect"

Much to our collective frustration, we will never be a premier league club and, in some respects, be grateful we have not fallen from grace in the manner of a club like Stockport who have a similar fanbase to ours.

ida
10-01-2015, 12:48 AM
im not saying his promotions are a joke im talking about the wasted money he has spent on the playes and losing pringle to a potential rival has me seething

pringle has his good and bad moments and been played out of position has made it worst.

pringles cross revells head one the best tactics we had and its gone gone gone

And what a fantastic impact they have made in 24 games. ..nah! Zilch.

He is out of position because he can't get into position most of the time.

ida
10-01-2015, 12:51 AM
But we are wasting a ridiculous amount of money, to bring in 22 players and hardly any of them improve the squad just isn't good enough. We look as though we are doing our best to make a complete mess of this season.

Also can't believe we have tried to flog Pringle to a relegation rival that just lacks all common sense.

Another with the Internet bank details to RUFC Accounts. Email oysten at blackpool .

ida
10-01-2015, 12:59 AM
What a lot of very limited fans you are.

Moan moan moan

nothing positive or even constructive to say.

Ignore the obvious progress.

What progress?

Unbelievable.

You lot that only moan are like weather forecasters. Always about right. Never quite wrong. But never ever saying anything
meaningful that we can't know by just looking out the window, and then yer turn yer back and the sun's out and yer take credit for that, or slope off until the next storm.

_GavC_
10-01-2015, 07:39 AM
I like to think Ida that this board doesn't represent the majority of fans. And you hope to god that Evan's shoulders are as broad as it appears and hope further that he doesn't read some of the drivel on this thread. I do believe that such is the delusional nature of some posters on here they'd be happy to see us get relegated so at the end of the season so they then could create the new topic 'I told you so'. I also think that there must be a logical reason for peoples knee-jerk reactions to our player merry go round, which has been the same strategy Evans has used to get us two successive, yes, successive, promotions. Could these be 'floating' fans? Acquired over the last two seasons and have only ever known success and have become accustomed to the gratification it brings. When we're not dismantling teams ala league 1 and 2 they show their true neurosis and lack of foresight, hindsight, any sort of bloomin' sight...

We all have our foibles and so does Evans, he's made mistake

JohnLeedsMiller
10-01-2015, 09:51 AM
What a lot of very limited fans you are.

Moan moan moan

nothing positive or even constructive to say.

Ignore the obvious progress.

What progress?

Unbelievable.

You lot that only moan are like weather forecasters. Always about right. Never quite wrong. But never ever saying anything
meaningful that we can't know by just looking out the window, and then yer turn yer back and the sun's out and yer take credit for that, or slope off until the next storm.

Totally agree. I think we should rename this site to moanersmad.

leedsmiller
10-01-2015, 10:21 AM
Polite request: This board is about comment and debate, alternative points of view need to be tolerated not abused. If you don't agree with what's being said put forward a constructive counter argument but please don't criticise the author simply because his, or her, opinion differs from yours. Sometimes we lose sight of the fact we're all Millers and we all want the best for our club.

howdydoo
10-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Pity you can't ask for the same of people regarding comments aimed towards the players and management staff at RUFC. Justifiably a good number of posters, have reminded others how quickly and how far we've come.

If you call some of the stuff posted as wanting 'the best for our club', then I respectfully suggest you're wrong.

I'd also suggest unrealistic expectations are actually going to undermine the club, if people are not careful.

millertop
10-01-2015, 10:48 AM
This board is mild compared to some stuff on FB/Twitter.

They actually tweet the clubs official site and players to abuse them >:(

gramiller1959
10-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Polite request: This board is about comment and debate, alternative points of view need to be tolerated not abused. If you don't agree with what's being said put forward a constructive counter argument but please don't criticise the author simply because his, or her, opinion differs from yours. Sometimes we lose sight of the fact we're all Millers and we all want the best for our club.

exactly right :)

edit ... and that applies even if you think someone is a w@nker :)

millertop
14-01-2015, 03:55 PM

Get a life, get a job, and stop thinking you work for Rotherham United as a reporter[/quote]

Typical response from a sad person.

Enjoying life at the minute thanks, don't worry I won't be keeping fans up to date news anymore, the beauty of having your own business is letting others do the work so I can enjoy life :D .if you ever need a job don't call I don't employ bullies.

Wickersley_Miller
14-01-2015, 04:14 PM

Get a life, get a job, and stop thinking you work for Rotherham United as a reporter[/quote]

Typical response from a sad person.[/quote]

Coming from the guy who sits on millers mad all day every day XD

millertop
14-01-2015, 04:20 PM

Typical response from a sad person.[/quote]

Coming from the guy who sits on millers mad all day every day XD[/quote]

XD XD XD XD

Val_Mascal
14-01-2015, 04:24 PM

Check out post 45 _GavC_
That encapsulates what you're after