PDA

View Full Version : Pringle 175k

Hugepugeboznherbie
09-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Price that was agreed for Ben Pringle by Millwall

RawmarshMiller
09-01-2015, 01:47 PM
175k?? He is only 25.

Ridiculously low figure, would expect 3 to 4 times that.

TUC
09-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Load of tosh...
;D ;D ;D
UTM

twinnyjoe
09-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Reports from millwall say they had a bid Id 175k accepted but player turned them down. Brighton Wolves and brentford all interested. Out of contract in summer

sawmiller
09-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Why on earth have we not extended his contract ? We have players we say are valuable yet devalue them by letting their contracts get close to expiry so that they can go for a pittance - sadly, despite the platitudes from the club, we are the Aldi fire sale of this league. And to let one of our supposed better players go to another club we are up against in the relegation stakes is just bonkers...

LiAmOfRuFc
09-01-2015, 02:45 PM
Baz [!]8207;@1992Baz 3h3 hours ago
@Tim123Farmer @benpringle18 yeah that's my point, I go up and down country to watch my team, if your heart ant at club be honest lad

Ben Pringle Verified account
[!]8207;@benpringle18
@1992Baz @Tim123Farmer My heart is at the club [!]128515; U ok now?

Probs wouldn't read too much into it but still, he seems alright to me.

DavidR__9
09-01-2015, 02:46 PM
We've been unable to agree terms with either Agard or Revell, it seems. Presumably the same goes for Pringle.

Either we simply cannot afford the "going rate" for a Championship footballer, they value themselves more highly than we think is realistic (although, presumably, not completely unrealistically as both Agard and Revell got moves on acceptable terms) or we simply don't value the existing players here as highly as some of the new recruits (which feels a bit sad, somehow, and isn't justified on the basis of performances).

TMiller
09-01-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm sure pringle signed a new contract not long ago

robsmillers
09-01-2015, 04:13 PM
We've been unable to agree terms with either Agard or Revell, it seems. Presumably the same goes for Pringle.

Either we simply cannot afford the "going rate" for a Championship footballer, they value themselves more highly than we think is realistic (although, presumably, not completely unrealistically as both Agard and Revell got moves on acceptable terms) or we simply don't value the existing players here as highly as some of the new recruits (which feels a bit
sad, somehow, and isn't justified on the basis of performances).

Or the players dont like Evans which imo is more like the reason they are jumping ship. I know pringle loves it Rotherham but is on his way.

CrackersATM
09-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Clubs tend to be generous with wages to incoming players on a bosman or free transfer. I think the logic is the players agent says you've saved x amount in transfer fees and my player wants to see some of that (Obviously agent gets a cut). Pringle and Revell were with us before NYS opened and the club took off so they would have seen players come in on better terms.

Though I want us to maintain a wage structure that gives the club a secure future I hope we aren't being short sighted and losing established players over a few quid. I remember we messed up Shaun Barkers contract and lost him to Blackpool for very little on a technicality. Yes we were inbetween administrations but we had worse players on more money than Shaun and a decent transfer fee for him would have been very handy at the time.

Even with only 6 months on his contract I'd value him higher than 175K plus especially when its a relegation rival. From Ben Pringles perspective London isn't cheap to live in and we signed hi