PDA

View Full Version : The trouble with hopping on to a rollercoaster ride is that

Zilzal
09-01-2015, 05:17 PM
they all eventually come to a shuddering halt. The survivors then climb out and disappear into the crowd, often badly shaken.

In extreme cases, when the person running the rollercoaster is a bluff, jumped up incompetent, some passengers are flung off in mid-journey, often with terrible results.

Speaking of terrible results, after seeing our first batch of signings, Odejayi, Shearer, Hunt, Wilson, Noble, Ainsworth etc etc I decided it would be foolhardy to invest in a ticket for this particular rollercoaster ride.

This doesn't mean, however, that I'm not shaken, upset, disappointed and distressed by the driver. I most certainly am and that is my prerogative.

gramiller1959
09-01-2015, 05:24 PM
or you get back on and go again >:) >:-)

Zilzal
09-01-2015, 05:31 PM
And the same thing happens.

Solution? Choose a different driver, one with the requisite experience and intelligence.

stevemiller
09-01-2015, 05:35 PM
The guy on the teacups has a good CV.

gramiller1959
09-01-2015, 05:36 PM
no you get on the kiddie rides if you dont like the big uns :)

failing that ... hook a duck ?

Zilzal
09-01-2015, 05:51 PM
I do like the big uns, Gram but I like to know who is steering and does he know exactly where he is leading everyone?

With hooking ducks, keep a steady eye and you win nearly everytime...even if it's only a goldfish who'll be dead in the morning.

I also believe with goodhousekeeping and shrewd management we could have had a good chance of staying up.

DavidR__9
09-01-2015, 06:04 PM
The roller coaster analogy is flawed anyway, because a feature of roller coasters is that you end up back where you started...

wrinkly
09-01-2015, 06:22 PM
Speaking of terrible results, after seeing our first batch of signings, Odejayi, Shearer, Hunt, Wilson, Noble, Ainsworth etc etc I decided it would be foolhardy to invest in a ticket for this particular rollercoaster ride.

And two promotions later...

How right you were :/

rowdy
10-01-2015, 11:04 AM
or you choose a different rollercoaster,which would benefit all millers fans,knobhead

CrackersATM
10-01-2015, 11:16 AM
We'd all do things slightly different and I personally think SE has turned over too many players in his time. He has however delivered 2 promotions and got enough decisions right to achieve this. SE is hired or fired on his results and therefore must continue to make his own decisions. It's going to be tough but I think we'll stay up this season and can grow again next season. I hope and pray we do anyway.

UTM!