PDA

View Full Version : Not a happy chappie ?

1960smiller
10-01-2015, 06:33 AM
What's wrong with to- days football,our new signing Adam Hammil what a complete tosser,Two paramedics attend to help him & what does he do,the tosser decides Assault them,Both female by the way,I just hope that if he gets hurt on the field of play that the St Johns ambulance lads say sorry we are not carrying him off, and before all you PCs say he has served his time I believe he got 12 weeks suspended sentence.I would like to think I was brought up the right way & for me this is not acceptable.Its time Football was cleaned up,but with all the Money now involved it never will be.

Lasterman
10-01-2015, 09:23 AM
Twelve week suspended jail sentence apparently. Pleaded guilty. I'm afraid the circumstances of this tell me as much as I need to know about Hamill. No happier about him joining us than Ched Evans.

Casper64Frank
10-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Twelve week suspended jail sentence apparently. Pleaded guilty. I'm afraid the circumstances of this tell me as much as I need to know about Hamill. No happier about him joining us than Ched Evans.

I will take it for granted you didn't want Tom Pope at RUFC either then.
Assault and Rape are two totally different crimes albeit both are disgusting.
One pleaded guilty and one was found guilty and appealed.Hammills not the first and wont be the last footballer to end up in court on assault charges.
If he has learnt his lesson and regrets his actions all well and good if he hasn't then I agree with your remarks.

Lasterman
10-01-2015, 10:15 AM

I will take it for granted you didn't want Tom Pope at RUFC either then.
Assault and Rape are two totally different crimes albeit both are disgusting.
One pleaded guilty and one was found guilty and appealed.Hammills not the first and wont be the last footballer to end up in court on assault charges.
If he has learnt his lesson and regrets his actions all well and good if he hasn't then I agree with your remarks.[/quote]

It wasn't so much that it was assault as the circumstances of the assault - two female paramedics who were trying to help him. My view (which may not be a popular one) is that there are degrees of severity in ALL crimes which are dictated by circumstances, and one cate

BigLadonOS
10-01-2015, 10:20 AM
As I understand it he was knocked down inside a pub and on coming round he lashed out thinking that whoever knocked him down was still trying to hurt him.

If that is indeed the case (And I have no reason to doubt it) then it was a purely accidental, and the court must have seen it that way too.

jolly_roger
10-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Doesn't matter, get out the burning torches and get the mob rounded up.

All need hunting down (except tax fraud offenders)

millavanilla
10-01-2015, 10:35 AM
Do homework, engage brain, then open mouth...not the other way round...thats before condemnation...

gramiller1959
10-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Do homework, engage brain, then open mouth...not the other way round...thats before condemnation...

if only they would :(

Gwyther
10-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Some of our fans are just hypocrites, I despair sometimes.People make mistakes in all walks of life,get punished, do the time. Some deserve a second chance. When you see some of the posts on here you would think we are all goody two shoes.

Lasterman
10-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Some of our fans are just hypocrites, I despair sometimes.People make mistakes in all walks of life,get punished, do the time. Some deserve a second chance. When you see some of the posts on here you would think we are all goody two shoes.

So would you put Ched Evans in that category then? Just curious where you feel the line should be drawn.

Monkey46
10-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Nowt but trouble everywhere hes gone not good enough either disappointing Mr SE
Ward however looks really promising, only a months loan though.

CrackersATM
10-01-2015, 11:08 AM
I've posted several times regarding Ched Evans that the government should prevent people with Ched's and Lee Hughes conviction returning to the game and other high profile sports. My thought process is we wouldn't let them teach kids but we let them be in position that they sign autograghs for kids. I think it should be at government level firstly because the FA is too weak and secondly it should be the same for all high profile sports.

Looking at Adam Hammill his incident was far less than the two offenders I've quoted above. I'm not sure if his conviction would prevent him from teaching as that is the guide line I would apply. There are professions that a suspended sentence brings automatic dismissal.

Adam Hammill has however pleaded guilty and took his actions on the chin. I'm equally less impressed in the modern era a professional sportsman thinks its ok to have 15 pints. Hopefully he's turned a corner and will stop wasting the precious talent he has. We've all have heavy nights

Lasterman
10-01-2015, 11:15 AM

I did. This from the Birmingham Mail...

A Wolves player has admitted assaulting two female paramedics in Liverpool city centre.

Adam Hammill, 24, of Hall Road East, Bootle, pleaded guilty to two counts of assault by beating at Liverpool Magistrates Court earlier today.

The footballer, a former Liverpool FC youth player who is currently on loan to Championship team Huddersfield Town, was arrested after the assault outside the Revolution bar in Temple Court in the early hours of the morning on October 7.

Amanda Haycock, prosecuting, said ambulance staff Sky Armstrong and Tracy Northey had been called out to the scene because Hammill was unconscious, but when they attempted to put him in a wheelchair he became aggressive.

Miss Haycock said: "He hit out, catching Miss Northey on the nose, spat blood at them and tried to bite t

Monkey46
10-01-2015, 12:10 PM
Now thats what I call research.:D

Deepmidwinter
10-01-2015, 12:13 PM
As I understand it he was knocked down inside a pub and on coming round he lashed out thinking that whoever knocked him down was still trying to hurt him.

If that is indeed the case (And I have no reason to doubt it) then it was a purely accidental, and the court must have seen it that way too.

No, if the court had seen it that way he would have received no sentence at all

Gwyther
10-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Lasterman...your the perfect example of what some posters are putting on here..try reading people's posts before making comments...One word to give you a clue in my previous post was 'Some '

Lasterman
10-01-2015, 01:45 PM
Lasterman...your the perfect example of what some posters are putting on here..try reading people's posts before making comments...One word to give you a clue in my previous post was 'Some '

I read your post perfectly well, hence my question whether Ched Evans would fall within your criteria of 'some'.

pip_y
10-01-2015, 01:58 PM
So IF Gerrard was to copy Emlyn Hughes and was available as player manager you would still say NO?

scum_triumphant
10-01-2015, 03:35 PM
How does Steve Evans' prosecution for tax evasion sit with you?

1960smiller
10-01-2015, 04:14 PM
How does Steve Evans' prosecution for tax evasion sit with you?Not a happy chappie,I have never hid the fact I am not S/Es biggest fan.But read POST13 & come back & tell me how that sits with you.

welovebooth
10-01-2015, 04:29 PM
So next time you see Ronnie moore your going to say you're not welcome in rotherham get out off here.

For the betting offence. Its not on the same scale as assault etc but it's still a crime on football rules

walter10
10-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Doesn't matter, get out the burning torches and get the mob rounded up.

All need hunting down (except tax fraud offenders)

Daft soppy bleeding heart right wingers. All for rehabilitating criminals back into society.

90% of them re-offend you know.

1960smiller
10-01-2015, 04:35 PM
So next time you see Ronnie moore your going to say you're not welcome in rotherham get out off here.

For the betting offence. Its not on the same scale as assault etc but it's still a crime on football rulesWhat,If the one you love would have given Ronnie that extra money he asked for perhaps we would have still been in the championship all this time.

welovebooth
10-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Nah 1960 he would off just spent it on a taxi to ipswich instead off walking there.

I can remember we was actually in a position to challenge for the play offslittle old rRotherham than out came moore in the press I will walk to ipswich (bet that did team morale brilliant) than we played grimsby away battered them but drew 0-0 than went on a down ward spiral

Now 2 questions.

If you was booth would you give more a shed load off your personal money even though ge stated he wants to go to ipswich.

Question 2

If you was a player would you give your all knowing you're manager wantsto move away.

The following season didn't we go down in Rotherham history for losing mist amount off games.

1960smiller
10-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Let me just say this,then I will bid you good night.We talk about S/Es budget or lack of it,Ronnie got nothing in comparison & kept us there for 4yrs,what he did do was work out what was needed & rectified it the best way he could.we are half through this season & still not rectified the problem that we need to score it's not rocket science.

CrackersATM
10-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Nah 1960 he would off just spent it on a taxi to ipswich instead off walking there.

I can remember we was actually in a position to challenge for the play offslittle old rRotherham than out came moore in the press I will walk to ipswich (bet that did team morale brilliant) than we played grimsby away battered them but drew 0-0 than went on a down ward spiral

Now 2 questions.

If you was booth would you give more a shed load off your personal money even though ge stated he wants to go to ipswich.

Question 2

If you was a player would you give your all knowing you're manager wantsto move away.

The following season didn't we go down in Rotherham history for losing mist amount off games.

Your going over old ground Welovebooth. Ipswich Town are a far bigger club who at the time (still are bigger but NYS has narrowed the gap a little), they were planning for the Premiership with 20K plus gates in a ground about to stage full En

Lasterman
10-01-2015, 08:39 PM

I'm alright with tax evasion and illegal gambling. Neither involve violence against women, spitting blood at paramedics or attempting to bite people who are trying to help you. Still he'd been drinking - just like Ched Evans.

tom12026
10-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

scum_triumphant
10-01-2015, 11:38 PM

I'm alright with tax evasion and illegal gambling. Neither involve violence against women, spitting blood at paramedics or attempting to bite people who are trying to help you. Still he'd been drinking - just like Ched Evans.[/quote]

I've read some barmy things on here but "I'm alright with tax evasion" is a new level.

You're either against employing rehabilitated criminals or you aren't. Is there a sliding scale?

George Best? Would he's have been ok? Drink driving assaulting police?

Pablo mills. Burglary?

Who decides which crimes are acceptable?

stormmiller
11-01-2015, 06:49 AM
I agree with scum you either rehabilitate or you don't! it's an easy cop out "he's a role model so shouldn't be allowed to continue with his job even though the courts say he has done his time" If your a concerned parent then it's YOUR job to sit your child down and expain why he isn't in your opinion a good person to take after it's also YOUR job to give reason to all the questions that any normal child will ask IE "if he's bad why is he still allowed to play daddy?" Too many people hide behind society to do THEIR job You might think ched evens is the scum of the earth and should have been put to death but it's also your job to give the other side of the coin so YOUR child grows to be a balanced productive member of society when they are older!

kempo
11-01-2015, 10:06 AM
It's very different to Ched Evans in that this player admitted his guilt and apologised and it is a much lesser offence than rape.

Very few I'm sure would support a view that no one with a criminal record of any sort could return to football.

It's a matter of degree of the crime and acceptance of guilt and remorse after.

If Ched Evans had accepted his guilt, apologised and promised his time to lecture young footballers on behaviour in relationship to consent then his attempt to return would have no doubt have been looked on more favourably.

I don't know the detail of the other case but his unconsciousness may have been a significant factor and taken into account.

The cause of his unconsciousness is unclear but may have led to unusual behaviour on coming round as is well documented and accepted medically.

To compare the two cases is at best ridiculous.

crashbang
11-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

All Angels on here by the sound of it mate.

Lasterman
11-01-2015, 02:04 PM

I'm alright with tax evasion and illegal gambling. Neither involve violence against women, spitting blood at paramedics or attempting to bite people who are trying to help you. Still he'd been drinking - just like Ched Evans.[/quote]

I've read some barmy things on here but "I'm alright with tax evasion" is a new level.

You're either against employing rehabilitated criminals or you aren't. Is there a sliding scale?

George Best? Would he's have been ok? Drink driving assaulting police?

Pablo mills. Burglary?

Who decides which crimes are acceptable?[/quote]

Who decides? The mob if the Ched Evans case is any measure. I don't think I've said that anyone shouldn't be rehabilitated (or indeed employed) if you read carefully. My point is that a lot of people seem

scum_triumphant
11-01-2015, 02:57 PM
You claim I'm missing your point. I know you're missing mine so I'm off to speak to a brick wall to see if I can get a serious answer out of it. You're either on a wind up or living in a different world.

I'm not talking about Ched Evans by the way and on this thread I never have done.

Penny dropped?

Lasterman
11-01-2015, 03:26 PM
You claim I'm missing your point. I know you're missing mine so I'm off to speak to a brick wall to see if I can get a serious answer out of it. You're either on a wind up or living in a different world.

I'm not talking about Ched Evans by the way and on this thread I never have done.

Penny dropped?

Nope. Enjoy your wall. I've already enjoyed mine.