PDA

View Full Version : Team predictions for today

one_a_day
10-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Excited about today. The departure of the hard working but ineffectual Revel leaves us no option other than to play football. We've now got real pace in the side, players prepared to take defenders on instead of trying to pass around them and someone who knows how to score.

Collin

Wooton. Arnason Morgan. James

Hammill. Green. Smallwood. Barmby

Ward Derbyshire

Subs: Loach, Richardson, Skarz, Frecklington, JCH, Bowery, Frecklington

millertop
10-01-2015, 09:07 AM
Not bad, I'd like to see what Wootton can do in CB though.

Would like Frecklington in but can't see Green not starting

Lasterman
10-01-2015, 09:11 AM
You mentioned someone who knows how to score...and then I saw the Derbyshire up front. Is this a new loan signing I've not heard about?

one_a_day
10-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Derbyshire does know how to score. The travelling away support do just that, support, whereas at home fans are quick to jump on a players back. Give him a decent crack at it and the goals will come.

But we both know I wasn't talking about Derbyshire!

Casper64Frank
10-01-2015, 09:29 AM
I too am looking forward to the game and Evans team selection.

Collin
Wooton,Arnason,Morgan,James

Hammill,Newton,Smallwood,Ward

Derbyshire,JCH

Subs: Loach,Richardson,Skarz,Green,Barmby,Frecks,
Bowery.

All out attack go for it.
MD. last chance saloon I`m afraid.

gramiller1959
10-01-2015, 09:54 AM
the sooner garbyshire goes the better

Casper64Frank
10-01-2015, 10:00 AM
the sooner garbyshire goes the better

Unfortunately the lad is on a two year contract so if he doesn't improve today then he needs to be moved out on loan even if we have to pay half his wages.
Who knows a change of club may improve his non scoring record.:s

Adshaw89
10-01-2015, 10:06 AM
Excited about today. The departure of the hard working but ineffectual Revel leaves us no option other than to play football. We've now got real pace in the side, players prepared to take defenders on instead of trying to pass around them and someone who knows how to score.

Collin

Wooton. Arnason Morgan. James

Hammill. Green. Smallwood. Barmby

Ward Derbyshire

Subs: Loach, Richardson, Skarz, Frecklington, JCH, Bowery, Frecklington

Think that will be pretty close to starting lineup. Not sure how good Hammill / Barmby are at defending so both Green and Smallwood in there is a good idea today

gwru
10-01-2015, 10:16 AM
If Green & Derbyshire start I'll be amazed. Frecks & Newton before Green. JCH for Derbyshire. He had nothing to go at last week, he's our most likely goalscorer. Ward to start up front with him. All new loan players will start.

Lasterman
10-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Derbyshire does know how to score. The travelling away support do just that, support, whereas at home fans are quick to jump on a players back. Give him a decent crack at it and the goals will come.

But we both know I wasn't talking about Derbyshire!

He's played 14 times for us now, scoring once with a penalty in the cup. I've lost count of the number of clear goal scoring opportunities he's missed. If he'd converted half of them (and I don't mean in the way he converted the one towards the end against Bournmouth!) we'd probably have another five points on the board. Surely a line has to be drawn?

LichfieldMiller74
10-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Colin
Wooton Arnason Morgan James

Green Smallwood

Hammill Ward Barmby

JCH