PDA

View Full Version : Derbyshire

Millerboy08
10-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Today is the day for Derbyshire I've got a feeling his season starts today!!!!!!
Am I still pi55ed from last night????
Come on boys lets smash um today!!!!!!!!!
UTM!!!!!!!!

luvpud
10-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Sounds like he's missed three good chances in the first half to me that means normal service as usual , he's crap and should not even be considered for the first team
I just don't see what evans sees in him his record is woefull .

swintondude
10-01-2015, 04:01 PM
He just needs another dozen or so games and he'll come good. A rule change would be helpful making the goals bigger, not allowing other team a keeper , their defenders have to stay in our half and the pitch needs to slope towards their goal at 45 degrees. I think he'll come good then

gramiller1959
10-01-2015, 04:04 PM
He just needs another dozen or so games and he'll come good. A rule change would be helpful making the goals bigger, not allowing other team a keeper , their defenders have to stay in our half and the pitch needs to slope towards their goal at 45 degrees. I think he'll come good then

he would still miss :(

C_Millers
10-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Time to move him on, he couldn't finish a Sunday dinner.

People who keep saying he will come good, when will he? A half decent striker with the chances he's had would have double figures now.

frogmiller
10-01-2015, 04:10 PM

Fecking asking for too much there dude XD XD XD XD

gramiller1959
10-01-2015, 04:10 PM
is it just me ? but as soon as i know derbyshire is on the pitch i know were doomed :(

if he aint gone soon and evans keeps playing him were going down :(

frogmiller
10-01-2015, 04:11 PM

Sorry mate but on them terms he'd be welcomed at ours!

gramiller1959
10-01-2015, 04:13 PM

Sorry mate but on them terms he'd be welcomed at ours![/quote]

he would be late and MISS IT :/

CrackersATM
10-01-2015, 04:13 PM
He could come good at his next club but it's not working for him at NYS and looks like moving him on would be best for all parties. If we could land Doyle for a fee plus Derbyshire and it kick starts him scoring it would be brilliant. Nothing against him I just think a fresh start dropping a division could the answer.

UTM!

millerman_in_newyork
10-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Sounded like he got into some excellent positions and made some great runs today and could easily have won the game for us had he put his chances away. Just hope it doesn't damage his confidence even more because I don't think it will be easy to move him on because he is probably one of our highest earners and maybe out of the budget for lower league clubs and probably not in the radar of other Championship clubs at the moment. Hope he comes good second half of the season but can't wait forever without losing any more ground on rivals.

gm_gm
10-01-2015, 04:27 PM
He misses too many, perhaps he will come good but we don't have the time

PeteWaller
10-01-2015, 04:51 PM
He misses too many, perhaps he will come good but we don't have the time

No we don't. And we still need a proven goal score and really quickly

caytonmiller
10-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Yeah. Get shut cos the other strikers are getting in the scoring position. He's the best option ATM though JCH would be along side him

IMO I wouldn't put Bowery on the tea stand. Waste of space

cupid-stunt
10-01-2015, 05:01 PM
wish people would get off his back,anyone would think we had one player on the park ...what is a goal keeper for... oops he conceded anybody slated him?? what are defenders for oops not done very well.. midfield and so on .but no we keep losing because derbyshire plays. how many points have we got when hes not played?

cupid-stunt
10-01-2015, 05:10 PM
oh and by the way remember when us ROTHERHAM fans used to laugh at the wednesday talking rubbish all the time after a game(win and they are going to win the league/lose sack the manager and doom and gloom) ...well guess what this message board is the same as a wednesday fan as soon as we lose

millertop
10-01-2015, 05:10 PM
I keep defending him because he gets in the position, it sounded like he lost his confidence in the game today but it's hardly surprising with the amount of abuse he is receiving >:(

Evans isn't helping playing the defence role every time.

Loanees sounded ok but I don't think we should have started with them all at once

Ericsladkilnhurst
10-01-2015, 05:28 PM
It seems that Derbyshire can only score for the reserves, so play the reserve team in the championship matches, or get a hypnotist in, & put it in his mind he's playing with reserves at Roundwood.

luvpud
10-01-2015, 05:40 PM
[quote="caytonmiller"]Yeah. Get shut cos the other strikers are getting in the scoring position. He's the best option ATM though JCH would be along side him

IMO I wouldn't put Bowery on the tea stand. Waste of space[
He makes Bowery look like messi and that is some feat .

andt4jak
10-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Cupid stunt get a grip man 15 starts no goals and you defend him. We need a striker that can score goals and we need one now.>:(

cupid-stunt
10-01-2015, 06:13 PM
not defending him just saying why solely blame him? what about rest of the team seems everyone knows on this board that if just him is not at our club we will win every match

swintondude
10-01-2015, 06:16 PM
not defending him just saying why solely blame him? what about rest of the team

Cos he's a striker. His job is to score goals. There is no 'getting into good position' column on the league table.

cupid-stunt
10-01-2015, 06:19 PM
and defenders are there to stop other team from scoring

swintondude
10-01-2015, 06:22 PM
So which defender is as inept at his job as Derbyshire is?

cupid-stunt
10-01-2015, 06:26 PM
kari drops a hell of a lot of clangers he gets away with it ,but my point to you is if derbyshire never plays for us we will win every match because thats how what everyone seems to be saying

luvpud
10-01-2015, 06:30 PM
So which defender is as inept at his job as Derbyshire is?

Well derby****e has got a lot more clean sheets to his Than the defence I'll grant you that .
Maybe we should swap him and Arnie round and see what happens :blue: .

Ericsladkilnhurst
10-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Maybe Derbyshire is in wrong sport, with previously playing for Nottingham Forest, Blackburn Rovers,Plymouth Argyle, Wrexham, Olympiacos, Blackpool, Oldham Athletic & Birmingham City, with all them clubs he ought have been a Golfer.
In his file it states he likes to play long balls, then of course he only plays well at Roundwood.

riccallmiller
11-01-2015, 07:48 AM
He is however a better option than any of our current strikers at least he misses. JCH and Bowery don't even get in the postions to fashion a miss.

PerigordMiller
11-01-2015, 08:03 AM
First time I've seen him play a full game.

Must say that he shows no confidence when shooting, but he is making the runs (sometimes too quick for others to see hence getting caught offside in the first half yesterday), and is getting into the right positions.

Needs a JCH type to work with though.

Liked the look of Newton when he came on.

Brin
11-01-2015, 08:32 AM
He should have been loaned out to a lower league club earlier on where he would have probably started to score and get his confidence back...it seems to work in the reserves for him..

Too late now to loan him as with no other striker coming in ...it looks like he needs to start up front for us but with JCH Not Bowery for a change...

Boy are we in trouble at the mo with this football style with no wingers to cross and no C/F to score anything...:blue:

It's pretty obvious Derbyshire's here for the long haul or he would be out by now...

The sale of Doyle seems to be going awfully quiet ??? And not just with our interest..