PDA

View Full Version : Get a grip!

EmpireStateOfMind
10-01-2015, 05:23 PM
What a bunch of fickle and disloyal doom & gloom merchants some of our fans are. I suppose Alex Ferguson is going to come out of retirement and manage us when you hound SE out of the club for not delivering a triple promotion?

Turn on the TV and listen to the noise that fans of struggling palace are making. NYS is getting gloomier by the week - we should be behind the manager and team; clearly trying to adapt to a higher level without the resources, he has to gamble on loans because he can't have the playears he really wants.

Who found Agard, Tavs, Dicko etc. in the first place? They were allowed to come to us because their club wasn't getting anything from them.

BellBoy
10-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Agree, too much doom and gloom.
If we are to stay up we need everyone behind the manager and team.

cupid-stunt
10-01-2015, 05:28 PM
your going to get slated your a relatively a newbie and youre not aloud to have an opinion

EmpireStateOfMind
10-01-2015, 05:37 PM
I know, but SE's big gamble was Becchio and but for some incredibly bad fortune would have given us the top class striker we all want.

He knows class but has to go panning for gold because we can't afford M players. He can try 663 players for me if we find a few good ones.

millmoormagic
10-01-2015, 06:40 PM
What a bunch of fickle and disloyal doom & gloom merchants some of our fans are. I suppose Alex Ferguson is going to come out of retirement and manage us when you hound SE out of the club for not delivering a triple promotion?

Turn on the TV and listen to the noise that fans of struggling palace are making. NYS is getting gloomier by the week - we should be behind the manager and team; clearly trying to adapt to a higher level without the resources, he has to gamble on loans because he can't have the playears he really wants.

Who found Agard, Tavs, Dicko etc. in the first place? They were allowed to come to us because their club wasn't getting anything from them.

couldn't agree more, half of em on here are wendy fans, i'm sure of it.

CTMilller
10-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Well put points, EmpireState of Mind.

C_Millers
10-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Quick point on the without the resources.

250 grand on Bowery
300 plus on JCH
Fee paid for Smallwood
350k going to Huddersfield for Ward/Hammill
Countless loan expensive ones as well such as Becchio and the signings of Derbyshire, Green, Loach, Wood who will all be on good money.

I'd say he's had excellent backing once again off TS, so my question is why are we worse off than last season with all that money paid out?

gramiller1959
10-01-2015, 07:10 PM

250 grand on Bowery
300 plus on JCH
Fee paid for Smallwood
Countless loan expensive ones as well such as Becchio and the signings of Derbyshire, Green, Loach, Wood who will all be on good money.

I'd say he's had excellent backing once again off TS, so my question is why are we worse off than last season with all that money paid out?

so he has only spent the money we got for agard who we got for free ?

caytonmiller
10-01-2015, 07:27 PM

250 grand on Bowery
300 plus on JCH
Fee paid for Smallwood

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you quote those figures like its a lot of money for championship players...
half the teams in this league would pay that for juniors to develop for the future...

why cant peeps get it into there head were a tiny fish (under statement) in a big boys pond.

niamh999
10-01-2015, 08:46 PM

250 grand on Bowery
300 plus on JCH
Fee paid for Smallwood

That doesnt even add up to one player for nearly every other championship club
Brentford spend 10m bournmouths budget 22m what does ours add up to understand that evans has a high player turnover trying to find one or 2 good enough he cant compete with the wages other clubs offer , i personally dont want to gamble with the clubs stability

EmpireStateOfMind
10-01-2015, 08:49 PM
You are quoting peanuts at this level, what did forest pay for Assombalonga from Posh, about 5M I think.

We got 850 back on Agard and allegedly 400 for Revs. We havent busted the bank by any means.

CrackersATM
10-01-2015, 09:13 PM
I think we can read too much into the doom. The majority of posters on this board back the club and debating in detail isn't necessary being negative. Few points that have been raised on this post.

We haven't spent much by Championship standards at all and similar size clubs like Bournemouth and Brentford have spent lots more. We aren't used to spending decent money (over 500K) and it looks like everytime we make a bid on player with potential the players agent says cheers and circulates the players availability to every other club. That doesn't appear to happen with our rivals. I don't know if they say its a million and you've got 24 hrs to accept or the deal is off. TS and everybody at the club is learning.

Our 2 record signings hardly ever start. I can't work out if they are ones for the future or not good enough. At our level your record signings should be signed with a view to starting. We all say our team cost half of what the opposition costs but if we pay for players and don