PDA

View Full Version : Wolfie takes bdo final into deciding set

Duffer_
11-01-2015, 07:53 PM
On BBC 2 now.

Wolfie is showing real balls.

taio
11-01-2015, 07:56 PM
They showed balls in the women's final too.

Duffer_
11-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Mitchell - right back at ya with 158 checkout to take the first leg against the 'arrers'.

Duffer_
11-01-2015, 07:58 PM
The women's game has stepped on massively. You could make a case for equal prize money given the women genuinely are the best in the world.

Duffer_
11-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Wolfie's having a howler on double 16

Duffer_
11-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Well done Scott Mitchell

yesTHATironingboard
11-01-2015, 08:11 PM
have been flicking between the darts and the snooker. marco fu made a maximum earlier.

i wonder if mitchell will do a flit to pdc.

Duffer_
11-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Bunting showing the way on that path with a very credible first season on the pdc.

cricketfield72
11-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Excellent final that.
Adams was very magnanimous in defeat encouraging Mitchell to savour his victorious moment.

cheshireclaret
11-01-2015, 09:23 PM
Bunting has had an outstanding first season on the PDC, making the Quarter-Finals of the Worlds on the way and the Quarters or semis in 3 of the other major tournaments. He's also been picked for the Premier League so he really has hit the big time - deservedly so.

jdrobbo
11-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Excellent final yes, but a very poor tournament overall. The PDC is now on a different planet. Can't wait for a night at the Premier League next month - Leeds Arena awaits.

Duffer_
11-01-2015, 10:12 PM
jdr - do you prefer the atmosphere, albeit possibly what you glean from the telly, of the pdc or the bdo?

I would prefer to watch the pdc on telly but go to the bdo. But then how could you turn down the chance of a Phil Taylor 'I was there' moment?

I've never been...but one day, one day!

williamsorhowey
11-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Great final, The BDO really is the grass roots of the game. It gets people playing competitively to a high standard, supporting Super leagues, County games, International games. It allows the good amateur player the chance to take the game seriously, and affordably play in competitions that could see them on the BBC! Every single British player in the PDC started in the BDO and that needs to be remembered. I dont think Scott Mitchell would have half the Impact Bunting has and would be amazed if he jumped across. When Steve Bunting made the jump he was the best BDO player by some way. Love them both take 5 players out of the PDC and the standard would be very simililar!

rammymike
12-01-2015, 06:49 AM
The atmosphere at the PDC, with the exception of the final, looked absolutely appalling this year.

Nobody was watching the darts, just getting wasted and singing abuse around the arena, booing players etc, really pathetic.

It's also hard to watch on TV, particularly when Mardle is in the commentary box.

The Lakeside is a million times better than the Ally Pally on every level, apart from the darts unfortunately, but agree with the above comments about the importance of the BDO.

Caernarfon_Claret
12-01-2015, 08:16 AM
Get the bunting out

cheshireclaret
12-01-2015, 08:33 AM
Rammy - that's why me and my mates stopped going to Ally Pally and instead go to The Player's Championship at Butlin's in Minehead over the first weekend in December.

It's a great crack for a lad's weekend, it attracts less morons, you spend less money than a couple of days at The World's and the players will also stand and have a chat with you when they're out and about.

williamsorhowey
12-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Also about Scot Mitchell joining the PDC. Remember Jelle Klasson, he came from no where and had an amazing tornament jumped ship and has struggled since. I think he would have been a far better player had he stayed at the BDO for a couple of seasons. There nothing wrong with being top dog in the BDO for a few seasons like Barney.