PDA

View Full Version : Midfielder Griffith signs

griff
15-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Just so long as doesn't expect to be called "griff" - view external link (www.carlisleunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/midfielder_griffith_signs_851381/index.shtml)

Piglet_Phoenix
15-01-2015, 12:52 PM
Judging by his picture, Griff, you could have been separated at birth. I'm not sure how folk will tell you apart.

Anyhow, a bit of strength in midfield should help protect the back four a bit. The question is, who do we drop? The technically bereft pub player Sweeney, the injured Potts or the knackered Dempsey?

Although, on the face of it, a decent signing we're still short of a central defender, an experienced centre forward and probably another creative type player.

griff
15-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Swapped at birth we were.

I'd get rid of Sweeney who is usually missing in games, and I'm constantly amazed when I spot him for the first time, often in the second half. He certainly has experience, so hopefully the youngsters will learn something from him.

I agree about the central defender. Wasn't Paynter supposed to be the experienced centre-forward? I'm afraid we'd have to spend serious money to get anyone useful. We need to ship a few out pronto. I wonder if that game against Burnley's under-5s raised any interest?

moorlad
15-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Judging by his picture, Griff, you could have been separated at birth.

Their births would have been about half a century apart (and I'm being nice to Griff here).

Wukkie
15-01-2015, 01:41 PM
The final nail in coffin on Thirlwell's career, three years too late.

moorlad
15-01-2015, 02:44 PM
We're getting better then. Abbott was retained more than 3 years past his sell by date.

griff
15-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Judging by his picture, Griff, you could have been separated at birth.

Their births would have been about half a century apart (and I'm being nice to Griff here).[/quote]

You rotten, rotten sod.