hodgey
16-01-2015, 03:10 PM
More Evans magic.

F*cking roll on tomorrow.

:? >:(

millertop
16-01-2015, 03:11 PM
You mean JCH ;D

good move, don't think he was ready for a full game with us tbh but still a good player

RawmarshMiller
16-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Someone else coming in?

SHort on frowards, again!

millertop
16-01-2015, 03:22 PM
It's a month loan.

DavidR__9
16-01-2015, 03:25 PM
Tell you what, this demonstrates what a strong relationship TS has with Evans.

There can't be many clubs of our size where the manager would dare to ask his chairman to break the club transfer record at the end of August transfer window and then loan out the player midway through the January one.

It's interesting that when we signed him, Evans made the point that he'd joined us because, unlike some of his other offers that would put him in a development squad and loan him out, we were going to develop him in our first team. That must presuppose that we thought he was good enough to make an impact at first team level. If he's not made that impact, should we question our scouting or our coaching? After all, we've made a lot of signings that haven't come off as we'd hoped/expected (as many as have really shone, I'd suggest, particularly of the permanent signings).

DavidR__9
16-01-2015, 03:26 PM
It's a month loan.

"Initially" a month is the word in the article, which usually means that an extension is expected.

sawmiller
16-01-2015, 03:31 PM

There can't be many clubs of our size where the manager would dare to ask his chairman to break the club transfer record at the end of August transfer window and then loan out the player midway through the January one.

It's interesting that when we signed him, Evans made the point that he'd joined us because, unlike some of his other offers that would put him in a development squad and loan him out, we were going to develop him in our first team. That must presuppose that we thought he was good enough to make an impact at first team level. If he's not made that impact, should we question our scouting or our coaching? After all, we've made a lot of signings that haven't come off as we'd hoped/expected (as many as have really shone, I'd suggest, particularly of the permanent signings).

My thoughts also David_R - I do wonder whether some investment i

TimeforAle
16-01-2015, 03:34 PM

I disagree to an extent here pal - having met TS we know he went i

DavidEdinburgh
16-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Someone else coming in?

SHort on frowards, again!

Agree 100%, surely surely we are lining up a bigun! This assumption is keeping me from moaning anyways, keeping Schtum until we hear, and hopefully no news is good news... ;D ;D

millertop
16-01-2015, 03:40 PM
I'm sure TS can see the positive in sending him out.

He hardly had much and wasn't going to get much game with us because he's still work in progress, anyone can see that surely.

I'm sure he's happy to be going out instead of sat on bench.

I do wonder sometimes about Evans but I agree with him on this one.

DavidR__9
16-01-2015, 03:53 PM
having met TS we know he went into this with pretty much zero football knowledge. I think at times he maybe a little too trusting in the Evans approach - its been siad on numerous other discussions but I do worry about some of these decisions - personally I would much rather have JCH on the bench as a potential impact player. But I would actually start him ahead of Derbyshire and Bowery.

Having no knowledge of football hasn't stopped other chairmen interfering, though!

I'm not sure how much football knowledge comes into it, to this extent: in any business, you need a pretty strong relationship with your boss to put together a successful business case to recruit someone for a role, bring someone in and then, within just a few months, decide that actually they weren't quite what you wanted and do it all again. Put another way, you don't need a coaching badge to say "hang on, Steve, you told me to spend 350K on this lad in August

leedsmiller
16-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Best for all concerned, he's had chances - albeit not too many - to prove he's ready to step up. The game against Bournemouth, in particular, showed he isn't.

DavidR__9
16-01-2015, 03:55 PM
I'm sure TS can see the positive in sending him out.

As long as he comes back.

We've had any number of players who've gone on loan, none have come back into the team. And a lot have gone out with warm words about having a big part to play for us in the future ringing in their ears.

gramiller1959
16-01-2015, 04:00 PM
hopefully just gone to sharpen up with game time

ColinRUFC
16-01-2015, 04:00 PM
I've seen a quote from Evans, in relation to the loan move, about JCH "having a future with the club"

Now where (and how many times) have we heard that before?

leedsmiller
16-01-2015, 04:05 PM
Not many return tickets sold on Evans' loan excursions.

C_Millers
16-01-2015, 04:05 PM
Seriously haven't a clue what is going off.

We invest a lot of money by our standards in JCH only for him to be shipped out on loan six months later.

Another prime example of good money being completely wasted!

clarkey1974
16-01-2015, 04:13 PM
just reading karl robinson's view on JCH and he sounds like just the striker we need..:D

RufcD1
16-01-2015, 04:14 PM
JCH not getting in the team is disappointing but got to have game time which he wasn't getting here! Hopefully will come back in a month and show Evans what he is needing so badly! Is anyone going to replace him that's my conern maybe freeing up wages?

sawmiller
16-01-2015, 04:19 PM
JCH not getting in the team is disappointing but got to have game time which he wasn't getting here! Hopefully will come back in a month and show Evans what he is needing so badly! Is anyone going to replace him that's my conern maybe freeing up wages?

So long as it's not an over-hyped bench warmer

RufcD1
16-01-2015, 04:24 PM
We can all hope !

jolly_roger
16-01-2015, 04:52 PM
I'm at a loss to understand the JCH saga, he's gone from a must have, to a star of the future, to being an impact player and now loaned out.

Sounds like a fire sale

PeteWaller
16-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Absolutely do not get this unless we are fishing for another Sammon

mikemiller
16-01-2015, 05:13 PM
... or should that misprint have read "JCB"? If Franchise are having some building work done at their stadium it all makes sense...

MadN3il
16-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Morgan say in tizer today,jch is the worst trainer in the team.also think he is the least intelligent.may be thats why e has gone on lone.does not train alot.So needs match time to keep match fit

MILLERSTALE
16-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Watched him play a few games in first team and reserves,never seen him break sweat yet,forget this one for the future, he his bone idle with a massive attitude problem..

Yes he has scored three good goals, but his game is none existant, a complete passenger so far, a massive turn around in his approach to the game is needed if he wants to continue in football.

millertop
16-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Should have sent him to Wimbledon imo

Ericsladkilnhurst
16-01-2015, 06:54 PM
To say the rumours were Warnock while at Crystal Palace was going to put a bid in, during the january transfer window, JCH goes to MK Dons.
Hope he gains some sharpness to his game, he does need some playing time, maybe playing in division 1 will give him the incentive to show what he can do.
I would have rather Bowery / Derbyshire gone out on loan.

mikemiller
16-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Yes, of the forwards that we have, JCH looks marginally the best, and has potential to improve (although there is obviously some stamina/fitness problem there, which means he never plays for the full 90 minutes - might have been a good idea to check that BEFORE signing him!)... probably nobody else wanted to take Bowery or Derbyshire on loan

dusty_miller
16-01-2015, 07:46 PM
It's a month loan.

Sez FREE on BBC Transfer webby. does that or could it mean a swap for Mcleod or?

mikemiller
16-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Yes, but if you click on the link on the BBC Football website it says "loan until 12th Feb"

millavanilla
16-01-2015, 11:15 PM
Strange game football...mk dons would probably beat us as we are now...yet they borrow one of our players...wonder wether we could borrow a few of theirs...

riccallmiller
16-01-2015, 11:44 PM
This is a good move for all parties, along with pringle he was very poor against Bournemouth and was way out of his depth. May be one for the future if we go down but not one to compare with Derbyshire because he does not make intelligent runs and barely breaks sweat.

kempo
17-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Why do people make up their opinions when the answers are already out there?

JCH has asked for a loan as this was talked about when he joined ie if he didn't get his place in the team then as part of his development then he could be loaned out.

He went to Evans and asked for a loan move as promised.

It's good for us for JCH and certainly for MKD