Then what next season?

Barring major upheavals:-

The Chairman will be the same

The manager will be the same

Our attendances will be much the same

Our transfer budget will be similar to now

Our wages budget will be similar to now

All of the loaned players will have gone back

Some of our deadwood signings will still be collecting a wage for playing the odd reserve game now and then

We will have the same coaching staff

We will be playing the same tactics

Sounds dull? But what (sensibly) can be done to change things?

Millerboy08
18-01-2015, 09:49 PM
This was my point other day however you put it better!
It's called pound notes and with out it were in a rut so all them who say we ant got money we cant do this n that etc etc etc
What the answer?

sota
18-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Sounds like consolidation to me. Is that a bad thing then?

jolly_roger
18-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Consolidation maybe, but the current football being dished out is dull and the lack of wins is demoralising.

This season we seem to have a fan base of roughly 8500 which might be artificially high due to the bandwagon effect of the last two seasons. I cant see that number being kept up with another struggle and strife season in prospect.

sota
18-01-2015, 10:20 PM
I see your point Rodge. Maybe we got promoted before we were ready, but I prefer a struggle in the Championship to success in the lower leagues. Maybe that's just me though eh?

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
18-01-2015, 10:52 PM
He'll just continue to make the same mistakes (seeing no evidence of him learning from them or any evidence that he'll ever change) until it goes tits up, no chance his way is sustainable.

walter10
18-01-2015, 11:06 PM
Jolly. You've been nagging away that Evans is out of his depth at this level. Why don't you come right out and say it instead of using a sneaky tactic to coax someone else into saying it.

jolly_roger
18-01-2015, 11:45 PM
Jolly. You've been nagging away that Evans is out of his depth at this level. Why don't you come right out and say it instead of using a sneaky tactic to coax someone else into saying it.

How can it be sneaky Walt when you quite clearly understand what I mean?

Said many times that I think SE has reached his natural level. That's not by the way being ungrateful for what he's done so far, just that to progress further something has to change. That change might be to employ a decent coach that can put some zip and guile back into our play, it doesn't necessarily means SE has to go though.

That clear enough for you?

walter10
19-01-2015, 09:13 AM

How can it be sneaky Walt when you quite clearly understand what I mean?

Said many times that I think SE has reached his natural level. That's not by the way being ungrateful for what he's done so far, just that to progress further something has to change. That change might be to employ a decent coach that can put some zip and guile back into our play, it doesn't necessarily means SE has to go though.

That clear enough for you?[/quote]

Perfectly clear, thank you. I agree with btw.

millertop
19-01-2015, 09:16 AM
We stop up, Evans has a better understanding how championship works then we do better next season.

We need a couple of season here before we consider going up to prem imo.

leedsmiller
19-01-2015, 09:31 AM
If you keep doing what you've always done you'll keep getting what you always got i.e. a contracted squad that isn't up to Championship standard and a team without Championship quality players trying to stay afloat on a raft of loan signings.

Something has to change.

Ravo_Miller
19-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Then what next season?

Barring major upheavals:-

The Chairman will be the same

The manager will be the same

Our attendances will be much the same

Our transfer budget will be similar to now

Our wages budget will be similar to now

All of the loaned players will have gone back

Some of our deadwood signings will still be collecting a wage for playing the odd reserve game now and then

We will have the same coaching staff

We will be playing the same tactics

Sounds dull? But what (sensibly) can be done to change things?

Alternatively, if we stay up...

We will still have the same ambitious exciting Chairman to take the club forward

We will have made further progress on the field

Survival at this level this season would be the management team's greatest ever achievement

We would continue to improve and move up the table in future seasons

Support would build as the club started to prosper at this level

We would still h

harpo88
19-01-2015, 12:11 PM
He's six months into a new job/promotion. So far he's doing more than the minimum required by keeping us out of the relegation zone. He will improve. If I got sacked for that record 6 months into a new job I'd feel pretty hard done by.

Granted the other teams probably will improve too, but writing him off at this stage seems pretty harsh to me. Reckon he's earnt a bit of patience.

PeteWaller
19-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Good post Jolly

rolymiller
19-01-2015, 12:47 PM
As ts would say we all go incremental..finish 4th bottom this season aim for at least 5th bottom next season.".the key is to survive this season then aim for improvement the next...it's like owt else in life you need to get your foot on the ladder then you can start to progress.

Some fans on here have got a bit carried away with themselves when we got up..play offs/autos never gonna happen ..nowt wrong with being ambitious but one step at a time...you have to walk before you can run..(love me cliches me)

fivetide
19-01-2015, 12:56 PM
[quote="rolymiller".the key is to survive this season then aim for improvement the next...it's like owt else in life you need to get your foot on the ladder then you can start to progress.[/quote]

Sadly that's sense roly.

We don't do that on here. Because we aren't knocking on the door of the prem already the manager isn't up to the job and most of the players are terrible.

I think a lot would prefer it if we just went down and had the chance to batter some people in league one, keep getting in the playoffs but not actually win them so we don't have to complain about not being good enough for the championship.

Personally, I'm happy with us to go incremental. Yes we'll get thumped regularly (although we haven't been we just can't win which isn't the same as getting hammered week in week out) but going and playing against these teams, even havin

UpTheMillers_Wrighty
19-01-2015, 01:02 PM
WOW how people are so fast to turn on Evans and his Coaching staff 6 months into the biggest challenge we have had in years.

I didn't hear J_Roger complaining too much last season when it was win, win, win.
I find it fascinating how you state the obvious and project negative comments all day long...
Come up with a solution or a good suggestion? just a thought!>:(

riccallmiller
19-01-2015, 01:07 PM
we have to bring in loan players to survive at this level. we cant afford the wages of players needed to be stable in this division. We gambled on JCH and Bowery and they have shown us they are out of their depth. We may well go down yet and then we will win more for you next season.

MadN3il
19-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Positive response Ravo_miller.now That what a true supporter of Rotherham United response should be.What True supporters on here, should be doing against these piggies supporters,or
behind curtains key board whind up mearchants.No interest in Rotherham United,what so ever.just trying to whine board members.and boy does it work.

PeteWaller
19-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Positive response Ravo_miller.now That what a true supporter of Rotherham United response should be.What True supporters on here, should be doing against these piggies supporters,or
behind curtains key board whind up mearchants.No interest in Rotherham United,what so ever.just trying to whine board members.and boy does it work.

Can someone translate into English for me please? I'm getting on. Thanks in anticipation

leedsmiller
19-01-2015, 06:10 PM

Can someone translate into English for me please? I'm getting on. Thanks in anticipation[/quote]

'You're a disruptive influence if you oppose the status quo'.

BellBoy
19-01-2015, 06:22 PM
His grammer could be better but I agree with his sentiments. This is a post typical of this board, so NEGATIVE its unbelievable.
Lets go back to having a crap stadium, less fans, a disinterested chairman and maybe we can be happy again.

MillerMatt85
19-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Genuinely cannot believe some of the posts I read on here, not necessarily on this post but in general. Under Ronnie last time around we went to Crewe last game of the season knowing we were safe by virtue of goal difference barring something like a 9 goal swing - so stayed up on goal difference. On current logic some would have had Ronnie sacked halfway into the first season back in championship and never given the chance to punch above our weight for 4 years. Why are things so different for Evans?
This division is all about budgets. Give Evans a top budget and he'd do as well as most in the division - as proven last season. I doubt many , if any, of the other managers in our league could perform any better than SE on the same budget. The target is to stay in the division first of all and at the moment we are 4th bottom.
IMO the new players have improved us already. We'll never be able to compete financially with the big boys so have to take a chance on players who have the talent

redhouse
19-01-2015, 06:49 PM
[quote="MillerMatt85"]Genuinely cannot believe some of the posts I read on here, not necessarily on this post but in general. Under Ronnie last time around we went to Crewe last game of the season knowing we were safe by virtue of goal difference barring something like a 9 goal swing - so stayed up on goal difference. On current logic some would have had Ronnie sacked halfway into the first season back in championship and never given the chance to punch above our weight for 4 years. Why are things so different for Evans?
This division is all about budgets. Give Evans a top budget and he'd do as well as most in the division - as proven last season. I doubt many , if any, of the other managers in our league could perform any better than SE on the same budget. The target is to stay in the division first of all and at the moment we are 4th bottom.
IMO the new players have improved us already. We'll never be able to compete financially with the big boys so hav

Marlon
19-01-2015, 06:53 PM
This post is typical of today's society ,you want everything in an instant .
Things take time and you have to learn as you go along . We knew that this season was going to be tough , by the negativity on this board you would think we were adrift at the bottom of the league . We are not in a relegation spot yet and all the doom and gloom merchants are after the managers head .
Just think about how far we have come in such a short time , get behind the team and encourage them rather than being so negative .
One last thing look at where Bournmouth are now top of the league BUT in their first few seasons in the championship they struggled . That's was we must do !!!
So stop being so negative .

jolly_roger
19-01-2015, 07:00 PM
WOW how people are so fast to turn on Evans and his Coaching staff 6 months into the biggest challenge we have had in years.

I didn't hear J_Roger complaining too much last season when it was win, win, win.
I find it fascinating how you state the obvious and project negative comments all day long...
Come up with a solution or a good suggestion? just a thought!>:(

I think you will find that if you're a regular contributer to this board and not just a passing plastic fan that I've been complementary about what Steve Evans has achieved IN THE LOWER LEAGUES

But we're with the bigger boys now and it needs a higher level of skill and coaching which Evans and Raynor can't provide. Due to this their solution is to do a scattergun attack on the loan market hoping to hit on a gem that can provide the skill and guile we need.

As for the good suggestion you bang on about I will repeat this again, if Evans and Raynor are kept on

Rileyev2
19-01-2015, 07:01 PM
[quote="MillerMatt85"]Genuinely cannot believe some of the posts I read on here, not necessarily on this post but in general. Under Ronnie last time around we went to Crewe last game of the season knowing we were safe by virtue of goal difference barring something like a 9 goal swing - so stayed up on goal difference. On current logic some would have had Ronnie sacked halfway into the first season back in championship and never given the chance to punch above our weight for 4 years. Why are things so different for Evans?
IMO the new players have improved us already. We'll never be able to compete financially with the big boys so hav

dmentor
19-01-2015, 07:19 PM
One of the first thing's we could do,is stop being so negative,everyone as an opinion,but its driving me cracker's reading this board lately,before anyone say's it yes i know i can stop,but i like to read what other Miller's fan's have to say,but its grinding me down,i above anyone dont like to see the Miller's get beat,its only natural to feel flat after a bad performance,and a defeat,im praying for a victory a week this Tuesday,just so we can be all happy Miller's,for a short time at least.

BellBoy
20-01-2015, 06:42 AM
So, if you are a new poster, like me, you are a plastic?
Grow up and take criticism if you post so negatively, its not personal, you post alot of intesting stuff but this is just negative.

PeteWaller
20-01-2015, 11:06 AM
So, if you are a new poster, like me, you are a plastic?
Grow up and take criticism if you post so negatively, its not personal, you post alot of intesting stuff but this is just negative.

Positive or negative, it is all opinion Bellboy. We should start allowing posters to voice their opinion either way without jumping down their throats. In that way, surely we all benefit. Board would be more informed and better ... simples :D

C'Mon lads, we all luv the Millers so let us all be allowed to express our opinions.

Have some manners ;D ;D