PDA

View Full Version : Just How Bad Are Things Really?

Rileyev2
19-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Given up on trying to post as Rileyev, so starting again.

I have been reading only over last couple of weeks and I'm surprised at the level of panic and in some cases abuse aimed at our manager and some players. Is it really less than eight months since we had that amazing day at Wembley,ensuring a double promotion for only the second time in our history.

Looking at where we are now, sitting outside the relegation places in the Championship, the second tier of English football.Just a few years ago we were playing in an athletics stadium in Sheffield, under 4000 crowds and witnessing some of the worse football I have known from a Rotherham team. So are things really that bad.

Looking below us including the three clubs currently occupying the relegation places are in my opinion, 11 clubs who would all consider themselves to be bigger than us. They would love to be in the position we are in right now. Take Portsmouth for example, 2 wins in their last 10 and 3 points above the drop zone

millmoormagic
19-01-2015, 12:06 PM
[quote="Rileyev2"]Given up on trying to post as Rileyev, so starting again.

I have been reading only over last couple of weeks and I'm surprised at the level of panic and in some cases abuse aimed at our manager and some players. Is it really less than eight months since we had that amazing day at Wembley,ensuring a double promotion for only the second time in our history.

Looking at where we are now, sitting outside the relegation places in the Championship, the second tier of English football.Just a few years ago we were playing in an athletics stadium in Sheffield, under 4000 crowds and witnessing some of the worse football I have known from a Rotherham team. So are things really that bad.

Looking below us including the three clubs currently occupying the relegation places are in my opinion, 11 clubs who would all consider themselves to be bigger than us. They would love to be in the position we are in right now. Take Portsmouth for example, 2 wins in

riccallmiller
19-01-2015, 01:12 PM
great post. we need stop feeling sorry for our selves and grow a pair.

dmentor
19-01-2015, 02:35 PM
I think your dear old Pa would agree with what you have said RE2,there is a lot of doom an gloom at the moment,i dont think to many of us would have expected to get anything from our last two games,we just have to keep going,hope the new lad's settle in,and we get a win or two under our belt's,once that first win comes,i think everyone connected with the club will settle down,and that togetherness will return.

stodgy
19-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Well said ,that man.

Lasterman
19-01-2015, 02:53 PM
For me it isn't so much where we are (which is no worse than I expected) but how we got here, and what that means for the future.

hodgey
19-01-2015, 03:33 PM
[quote="Rileyev2"]Given up on trying to post as Rileyev, so starting again.

Looking below us including the three clubs currently occupying the relegation places are in my opinion, 11 clubs who would all consider themselves to be bigger than us. They would love to be in the position we are in right now. Take Portsmouth for example, 2 wins in

gwru
19-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Looking at fixtures for rest of season saying we need 50pts. Get a quality R back in & Bradshaw think we've more than capable of stopping up. Next 2 games winnable, steady feb', home games in march winnable. By end of last home game 25th april confident we'll be safe.

pip_y
19-01-2015, 05:46 PM
[quote="hodgey"]Given up on trying to post as Rileyev, so starting again.

Looking below us including the three clubs currently occupying the relegation places are in my opinion, 11 clubs who would all consider themselves to be bigger than us. They would love to be in the position we are in right

Rileyev2
19-01-2015, 06:00 PM
[quote="hodgey"]Given up on trying to post as Rileyev, so starting again.

Looking below us including the three clubs currently occupying the relegation places are in my opinion, 11 clubs who would all consider themselves to be bigger than us. They would love to be in the position we are in right