PDA

View Full Version : any 'real' transfer news?

DavidEdinburgh
20-01-2015, 06:53 PM
I'm assuming we are looking for one more striker then we are done?

If so, that would do for me and then put all this 'sack Steve' stuff to on side and pull down the 'over the shoulder roller coaster restraints' get back on the ride and our cheer the lads on for the rest of the season... Come on Millers, we can stay up!!!!!!

jolly_roger
20-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Yes they're interested in de Gea according to the newspapers

millavanilla
20-01-2015, 07:31 PM

If so, that would do for me and then put all this 'sack Steve' stuff to on side and pull down the 'over the shoulder roller coaster restraints' get back on the ride and our cheer the lads on for the rest of the season... Come on Millers, we can stay up!!!!!!

I love your enthusiasm...whatever it is, can you send me some? :/ for next tuesdays match id normally be buzzing a couple of days before...just lately its just a couple of hours..never mind... :blue:

villamiller
20-01-2015, 07:45 PM

I love your enthusiasm...whatever it is, can you send me some? :/ for next tuesdays match id normally be buzzing a couple of days before...just lately its just a couple of hours..never mind... :blue:[/quote]
Chin up milla ;D ;D

millertop
20-01-2015, 07:47 PM

Surely it's a midfielder we are looking at ;D

pip_y
20-01-2015, 08:23 PM

Surely it's a midfielder we are looking at ;D[/quote]

As long as he scores goals I don't mind what position he plays in!

Brin
20-01-2015, 09:11 PM
'Any real transfer news?'...YES!!!!

I'm about to swap 1,245 Bazooka Joe code wrappers for a 1969 Dandy Annual...have I got a bargain?

brassgnat
20-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Who is here untill, at least, the summer?
If we are not making permanent signing, we shouldn't be signing anyone with recall clauses, so at least, barring injury and suspension we know who can see the season out.

Mistermiller
21-01-2015, 08:44 AM
Striker coming in before Tuesday if the deal can be done in time,The player has to agree personal details first which is ongoing today.
The players club have accepted the offer from us on Monday and i understand it is an improved offer from us to this club for the player who we tried to sign in the summer.
I don't know who it is but this info is correct as of this morning,first that sprung to my mind was the lad from Preston but i know he's injured at the moment so i might be barking up the wrong tree.
UTM

collecting
21-01-2015, 09:42 AM
Need a quality right back from somewhere !

Timbertop
21-01-2015, 04:53 PM
If the rumoured incoming striker is someone we bid for in the summer it rather kills of the persistent Tom Bradshaw stories !!

PeteWaller
21-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Given our purse that might be a decent signing

kentmillerman
21-01-2015, 05:51 PM
I will not hold my breath on this subject. Thursday coming up. ??????

PeteWaller
21-01-2015, 06:03 PM
I will not hold my breath on this subject. Thursday coming up. ??????

Sign them up on Friday. No speak with the players before playing on the Saturday... Oh and by the way, they are Argies and don't speak English - that's why they can only stay for a month. We can then build a team around em.

Ooooooops sorry Millertop, that was a moan perhaps :D :D

DavidEdinburgh
25-01-2015, 12:06 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ… another player leaves (again, weakening the team in my opinion), where are our new players?. It’s surely new players (including one more striker at least) still to come in next week or relegation nailed on ??

HensonsPRman
25-01-2015, 10:44 AM
David Doyle, Wooton and Ledesma all deals pending, let's hope we can get them over the line with Lawrence back on loan

PeteWaller
25-01-2015, 11:43 AM
I assume mean Kevin Doyle. I would take all three and think we might just do something then. Some don't like Doyle but him up front with Sammon might be the start of a goal feast

gwru
25-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Think it means Doyle of Chesterfield. Said this before SE said if its a maybe its a no. Not sure about Eoin Doyle. Kevin Doyle, no got enough players here for a last pay day. Richardson, Broadfoot, Green & Derbyshire? Wouldn't mind Wootton.

Timbertop
25-01-2015, 02:53 PM
Doyle is not a patch on Bradshaw who is 4 years younger and a lot cheaper. Chessie supporting neighbour thinks Doyle is very ordinary and way way overvalued. I fear we are panicking into an expensive signing.

redandgreen
25-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Think it means Doyle of Chesterfield. Said this before SE said if its a maybe its a no. Not sure about Eoin Doyle. Kevin Doyle, no got enough players here for a last pay day. Richardson, Broadfoot, Green & Derbyshire? Wouldn't mind Wootton.

What about Mrs Doyle, she's wanting to leave craggy Island

PeteWaller
25-01-2015, 04:39 PM

I thought Eoin Doyle had been strongly linked with other much bigger clubs. Is he still available for us?

GrumpyKingOfTheWest
25-01-2015, 05:23 PM
I'm really uneasy about us potentially signing eion Doyle. Having seen him play 3, maybe 4 times there's no way, in my opinion, that hes championship standard.

Sure it'd be nice to remind chesterfield of their rightful place ;-) by taking their star man but, in all seriousness, I don't think he'd be any better than Derbyshire.

The lad at Walsall looks much the better, and more complete, player.

caytonmiller
25-01-2015, 05:44 PM
bradshaws scoring record in the lower divisions is 31 in 124 games translate that to the 20ish games we have left, he will score 5 goals...
Hmmmmmm anyone else fancy chipping in with a few?

PeteWaller
25-01-2015, 05:57 PM
To be fair, if we had any idea what amount we might be able to afford, then the choice would be infinitely more interesting.

For a couple of million I would stick to Wells of Huddersfield. On loan I would have Alf - Neither of course are available.

Can't have Agard back, lost out on Stevie May so I guess we are looking at sub £1 million or around £1 million?

You guys will have a better idea than me of who we might get for that sort of money. Never seen Eion Doyle play but for me, he would still be my pick at this level and I'd take a chance on him. Albeit he plays at a lower level, he has good stats this season.

BigLadonOS
25-01-2015, 06:05 PM
To be fair, if we had any idea what amount we might be able to afford, then the choice would be infinitely more interesting.

For a couple of million I would stick to Wells of Huddersfield. On loan I would have Alf - Neither of course are available.

Can't have Agard back, lost out on Stevie May so I guess we are looking at sub £1 million or around £1 million?

You guys will have a better idea than me of who we might get for that sort of money. Never seen Eion Doyle play but for me, he would still be my pick at this level and I'd take a chance on him. Albeit he plays at a lower level, he has good stats this season.

Eion Doyle is a fantastic finisher 1 on 1 but not many of his goals come from beating a man or scoring with more than the keeper to beat!

Not for me tbh but who knows how good he could be?

gwru
26-01-2015, 11:39 AM
If I could pick 2 players to bring would be Wootton & Bradshaw. Wootton can cover centre back. Watched Bradshaw other week on sky looked confident.

tom12026
26-01-2015, 01:39 PM

Eion Doyle is a fantastic finisher 1 on 1 but not many of his goals come from beating a man or scoring with more than the keeper to beat!

Not for me tbh but who knows how good he could be?[/quote]
sounds like Gary Lineker and he wasn.t too bad.;D

DavidEdinburgh
26-01-2015, 01:56 PM
Was expecting/hoping for something from official site before tomorrow’s game.

As each day goes by towards the deadline, I get a bit more worried…

Millerboy08
26-01-2015, 02:34 PM
I'm sure rufc have forgotten the passwords for player and website

stodgy
26-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Why dont people stick to the thread heading,most posts nothing to do with REAL transfer news,just peoples opinions of who they would like or dont rate.