PDA

View Full Version : RIP TFA...RIP Millers Mad

TimeforAle
22-01-2015, 12:47 AM
What a shame it's come to this, but I'm hanging up my vodka and moving on to pastures knew - the transfer fee was only £50 but at least I know I'm worth more than Alex Revell.

This forum has frankly gone to the pits and until recently I'd kept quiet while still looking in.

I voiced some serious concerns about the player turnover, the enviable pay offs for 'mutual agreements' and was met with a shower of shyte...'in Evans we trust'...'look at what he's done with 2 promotions'...

I was immediately reminded how, generally, Rotherham fans are a bit thick, very short sighted and love to be in the majority...sheep effectively!

To have an opinion and share it for months and listen to similar from various sources, reminds me I have a brain, I'm not a sheep, and I say what I want!

I genuinely raised a big smile today when MillmoorLane popped in to give his views, and it made massive sense and was in line with my own views. We originally clashed but have broadly the same views on how the cl

Zilzal
22-01-2015, 02:26 AM
TFA, I thought you were made of sterner stuff but well, when the mob turns against you and your allies have left, then survival on here becomes near impossible.

I agree that nearly all of the people that made this site highly estimable a few years ago have all but gone. I, too, took a break for a couple of months and read some of the site some of the time. I think more people should try this.

The IQ has plunged dramatically, the banter has all but gone, the people who know their football are in a minority and if one person in a clique disapproves of a post you make, the rest of the clique sharpen their swords and come after you, looking to make the kill.

Like you I stick to my guns. I'm always looking at the present and the future simultaneously and I made my assessment of Evans very early on. As the months roll by his severe inadequacies as a manager become ever more apparent. He is an amateur in a professional world.

The sheep as you call them, simply won't have this. So out come

sota
22-01-2015, 03:27 AM
I'd lump on (whatever that means) Millersmad surviving, despite your demise.

vespabri
22-01-2015, 03:59 AM
TFA, like Zil i also had a break from Millersmad for a while..(just after my spat with Crash as i remember).

I did the same with facebook..and i enjoyed the break there also.
But tbh i think i was just taking things to heart too much,Crash is a decent bloke i"m sure & i"d buy the man a pint no problem..same with the people on facebook.
I know you where pi$$ed off with me having a free lift to Wembley aswell instead of going on TFA express..thats fine mate i understood.

Ya a decent bloke and ive said so to Villa.

BUT..CHILL FECKIN OUT!!!
Life really is too short to get wound up over words on a keyboard, ya too quick to call others thick/wan*ers/Tossers etc.
Whats with the abuse??

Don"t worry about the ones that wind you up..concentrate on the good ones.
Ive met some cracking folk on here...& Brin, i"m sure you have.

Life is just too short for all this crap...towards our FELLOW MILLERS!!!

vespabri
22-01-2015, 04:14 AM
I also thought that this site has died abit for a while until the drop in results & transfer activity/Revs sold...

So why stop posting now its eventually picked up a tad?? Strange really.

kempo
22-01-2015, 07:49 AM
Agree with what you say about the site TFA...frequented by too many thick abusive underachievers although bigrich frequently disables my account for saying so.

You and I have had a few spats but always soon forgotten and quickly back to a bit of banter.

You make my tips seem adequate so I will miss you.

Talking of banter...come over and try a post as we need more members to liven it up a bit.

I'm shocked that you missed me off the list and will be having a word with scum to sort you out...I may do it myself now I know your seat number but can I lower myself to frequent the North Stand?

I lumped on Bournemouth by the way and picked up £400...

It's a shame that another poster has gone as we need to dilute the riff raff.

I'm a banter man now so come and join us...

gramiller1959
22-01-2015, 08:17 AM
shut the door on your way out !!

CTMilller
22-01-2015, 09:01 AM
Shame. Always enjoyed TFAs contributions on here.

leedsmiller
22-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Good luck, pal, I can appreciate your sentiments. I enjoy constructive and well thought arguments but I'm tiring of the sanctimonious mutterings of those who instantly criticise any opinions on transfer policy and player selection or who call those with reasoned suggestions for improvement moaners - or worse. Perhaps we should jump for joy when we lose, celebrate missing an open goal and cheer every poor performance, then we'd all be happy. And, of course, support the manager in everything he says and does because he can do no wrong.

The truth of the matter is that the only permanent players of note Evans has brought to this club since our League 2 days have been Collin and Smallwood. The rest are not Championship standard. Two promotions, as I've said many times, are to be applauded but not building those promotions on short-term loan signings without providing solid foundations for future development. I appreciate the financial constraints and our rapid rise has been a factor but ma

Brin
22-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Leeds...your quote of...

'Perhaps we should jump for joy when we lose, celebrate missing an open goal and cheer every poor performance, then we'd all be happy'

I do as I keep backing us to lose or draw and I'm coining it in...;D

leedsmiller
22-01-2015, 10:27 AM
But your heart's in the right place, Brin - even if your sentiments are misplaced ;D

scum_triumphant
22-01-2015, 10:42 AM
In the valley of the blind ...

fivetide
22-01-2015, 11:09 AM
it's a bit 'taking your ball home' TFA.

Several others have done the same, some in this thread saying they aren't here anymore (not sure how that works) so I suspect like many, you'll be back.

Place thrives on a good chat (football and OT) and needs a bit of humour. Nay swearing mind but a bit of fun and occasionally some decent debate.

gwru
22-01-2015, 11:31 AM
TFA know MM is abit clicky, know I'm not in the click on hear. For what my views are worth don't want us to go down. Lets do are talking starting next tues getting down to New York in numbers.

Got something in common with you love horseracing especially stick racing. Save all your money up & lump on fav Faugheen in the champion hurdle.

Back to what matters RUFC SE as got to ditch old guard Richardson & Green. New R back & Newton in. Bradshaw in as striker.

thaimillerfan
22-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Well what can I say I'm gutted. We may have got of on the wrong foot but i don't dislike you I just think sometimes you need someone to give to you what you give to us. I noticed you know a few of my buddies Really I don't know you, we may have bumped into each other occasionally in the past. but Ive only been winding you up take care Paul whatever you think of me I will be here bye bye your Lady boy pal hahaha

millmoormagic
22-01-2015, 12:43 PM

Several others have done the same, some in this thread saying they aren't here anymore (not sure how that works) so I suspect like many, you'll be back.

Place thrives on a good chat (football and OT) and needs a bit of humour. Nay swearing mind but a bit of fun and occasionally some decent debate.

Just what i was thinking 5T to be honest, what's wrong with folk these days making message boards ultra important and needing to make 'big' statements about them leaving...what's the matter TFA, nobody listening to you, like a big kid going crying to mummy. Maybe what it really is that folk won't engage in your 'debates' because generally if someone disagrees with you they're then called w@nkers or some other derogatory term.

just_a_goal
22-01-2015, 12:50 PM
People who post stuff like " I'm leaving.. please don't miss me.. this MB is blah blah.." must have no one at home to talk to - or family or friends.
It's a footy MB at the end of the day!! Some of us need to grow up a little and chill out, relax and enjoy life !!

redandgreen
22-01-2015, 12:55 PM
[quote="TimeforAle"]What a shame it's come to this, but I'm hanging up my vodka and moving on to pastures knew - the transfer fee was only £50 but at least I know I'm worth more than Alex Revell.

This forum has frankly gone to the pits and until recently I'd kept quiet while still looking in.

I voiced some serious concerns about the player turnover, the enviable pay offs for 'mutual agreements' and was met with a shower of shyte...'in Evans we trust'...'look at what he's done with 2 promotions'...

I was immediately reminded how, generally, Rotherham fans are a bit thick, very short sighted and love to be in the majority...sheep effectively!

To have an opinion and share it for months and listen to similar from various sources, reminds me I have a brain, I'm not a sheep, and I say what I want!

I genuinely raised a big smile today when MillmoorLane popped in to give his views, and it made massive sense and was in line with my own views. We originally clash

Mattthemiller157
22-01-2015, 12:55 PM
This site is all but dead. (The 2 alternatives are even worse)

A number of contributions to this: Social Media makes it easier for all fans to connect.
The mods, Rich and Deano worked solidly on this site for a number of years, and with the above, increase in spanners, post count collectors and cap lock warriors, I can see why they stopped. Plus, it's impossible to replace Duke.

I thought Frogs Match Treads were a saving grace, but less people contribute to them now.

It's funny how this site was at its peak during our downfall, once we're on the rise again, suddenly it's bleak.

I owe a lot to this site. It brought me into the Rotherham 'family' whilst I went through my angst ridden teenage years, where a day would see 2 pages filled with threads to look through. Now it's barely a 1/4.

I post rarely because the news and info I'd get from here is now easier to get on Twitter. And I don't need to reject 10 ads to do so.

gorky
22-01-2015, 01:41 PM

Just what i was thinking 5T to be honest, what's wrong with folk these days making message boards ultra important and needing to make 'big' statements about them leaving...what's the matter TFA, nobody listening to you, like a big kid going crying to mummy. Maybe what it really is that folk won't engage in your 'debates' because generally if someone disagrees with you they're then called w@nkers or some other derogatory term.[/quote]

Exactly. Just because someone disagrees with your view TFA doesn't mean they're thick.

People said Agard would ne

Deepmidwinter
22-01-2015, 02:14 PM
TTFN TFA

scum_triumphant
22-01-2015, 02:16 PM

Just what i was thinking 5T to be honest, what's wrong with folk these days making message boards ultra important and needing to make 'big' statements about them leaving...what's the matter TFA, nobody listening to you, like a big kid going crying to mummy. Maybe what it really is that folk won't engage in your 'debates' because generally if someone disagrees with you they're then called w@nkers or some other derogatory term.[/quote]

Exactly. Just because someone disagrees with your view TFA doesn't mean

jolly_roger
22-01-2015, 03:05 PM

Yeah me to

scum_triumphant
22-01-2015, 03:33 PM

Yeah me to[/quote]

And me. There was none of this bull**** when Paul was organising 7 coaches to Wembeley not to mention Wolves, Blackpool, Preston and several other away trips that he didn't even go on himself, or offering his spare ticket out because he was on babysitting duties.
The forum is losing good posters hand over fist because of oneupmanship. (I don't think that should be one word but I like it like that.)

Can someone now try and get rid of Villa? He won't take the hint.

rolymiller
22-01-2015, 03:34 PM
Don't go TFA I have always found TFA as someone who gives his opinions but has always respected my opinions at least even if he doesnt always agree with them...

gramiller1959
22-01-2015, 04:22 PM

Yeah me to[/quote]

And me. There was none of this bull**** when Paul was organising 7 coaches to Wembeley not to mention Wolves, Blackpool, Preston and several other away trips that he didn't even go on himself, or offering his spare ticket out because he was on babysitting duties.
The forum is losing good posters hand over fist because of oneupmanship. (I don't think that should be one word but I like it like that.)

Can someone now try and get rid of Villa? He won't take the hint.[/quote]

ya right scum ! villa dusnt belong on here he smiles and laughs too much :(

ya have to be a miserable 2hat now on the verge of suicide cos rotherhams struggling in the championship :/ ffs eh ?

god help us when we win a game :s they will all be off to the pub to drown in a glass of bee

Shropshire Miller
22-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Wow! I've only just joined! Sounds like a jungle in here!

Mattthemiller157
22-01-2015, 05:08 PM
People have targeted Arnason for abuse. Bemused me but it's their opinion. They are not thick.

I agreed with most of what you said. However those that abuse Arnason are not short of stupidity. Those that I hear abusing him now, are using the opposite to the arguments they were making against him in League 2/1.

Absolute donuts the lot of them, and that's being unkind to donuts.

gorky
22-01-2015, 06:23 PM

Exactly. Just beca

gorky
22-01-2015, 06:24 PM
People have targeted Arnason for abuse. Bemused me but it's their opinion. They are not thick.

I agreed with most of what you said. However those that abuse Arnason are not short of stupidity. Those that I hear abusing him now, are using the opposite to the arguments they were making against him in League 2/1.

Absolute donuts the lot of them, and that's being unkind to donuts.[/quote]

True

TMiller
22-01-2015, 06:35 PM
this site shouldn't be taken that seriously. anyone who does so needs to rethink their entire existence

villamiller
22-01-2015, 07:00 PM

Yeah me to[/quote]

You twaaaaat...Gimli...son of Gloin ;D ;D ;D

scum_triumphant
22-01-2015, 07:08 PM

Yeah me to[/quote]

You twaaaaat...Gimli...son of Gloin ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

See you next Tuesday!

scum_triumphant
22-01-2015, 07:12 PM

Just what i was thinking 5T to be honest, what's wrong with folk these days making message boards ultra important and needing to make 'big' statements about them leaving...what's the matter TFA, nobody listening to you, like a big kid going crying to mummy. Maybe what it really is that folk won't engage in your 'debates' because generally if someone disagrees with you they're then called w@nkers or some other d

Corner
22-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Guilty of not posting on here too often these days and don't even look at the site every day either!

Happy to appear & disappear as it suits without drama. I'm as rubbish at placing bets as I am at predictions but I'd place money on TFA reading this thread again before the night's out! >;)

I'll also be back soon to tug on your heart strings and extract your loose change and yes, I do have some free tickets to give away for our game v owls - if everyone's not become too despondent with championship footi by then! :s

scum_triumphant
22-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Guilty of not posting on here too often these days and don't even look at the site every day either!

Happy to appear & disappear as it suits without drama. I'm as rubbish at placing bets as I am at predictions but I'd place money on TFA reading this thread again before the night's out! >;)

I'll also be back soon to tug on your heart strings and extract your loose change and yes, I do have some free tickets to give away for our game v owls - if everyone's not become too despondent with championship footi by then! :s

Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

EmpireStateOfMind
22-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Yawn. Man leaves football forum; not gonna make the 10 o'clock news.

Also, what's the point of replying to the OP, he's left...

Brin
22-01-2015, 10:29 PM

Corner...welcome back and yes your'e crap at predicting but that's another thread...:P

Instead of saying you've got 'free' Owls tickets to give away and bearing in mind you are collecting for a fantastic cause...why not auction them I don't think anyone will mind so long as they don't go above the attendance ticket price...just a thought...

I'll start you off...£20 for a pair...don't forget I'm a season ticket

luvpud
23-01-2015, 12:56 AM
In the valley of the blind ...

People keep bumping into things ;D

hodgey
23-01-2015, 09:58 AM
[quote="TimeforAle"]What a shame it's come to this, but I'm hanging up my vodka and moving on to pastures knew - the transfer fee was only £50 but at least I know I'm worth more than Alex Revell.

I genuinely raised a big smile today when MillmoorLane popped in to give his views, and it made massive sense and was in line with my own views. We originally clash

PeteWaller
23-01-2015, 10:12 AM
Never met TFA but like others, enjoyed his posts.

TFA, there are times when most of us feel like giving the board a miss and we do. Face to face chat and banter is totally different, you can see expressions and hear tones from people that allow you to determine the mood or strength of a person's argument. With Keyboard Warriers prevalent on here, it is more difficult to assess. All I would say is that to me, your posts carry the true spirit of a proper Millers fan. You are not complaining or moaning, just expressing your observations about a manager, a chairman, a club, the team's tactics etc. etc. and there is nothing wrong in this. I support many of the comments you have posted and think you should stay.

To the posters on here that miss the point of other posters and refuse to accept opinions other than those owned by themselves feck off, it's you guys that should give MM a swerve imo

thaimillerfan
23-01-2015, 12:02 PM
for TFA NO LADYBOYS - view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRRNrL54fXE)

millavanilla
24-09-2015, 03:15 AM
Not too sure about collins..rawsons great and the team looks half decent but i think collins will let us down..hope im wrong..

millavanilla
24-09-2015, 03:25 AM
XD How did that happen? I posted it on the kirk broadfoot thread... XD

kempo
24-09-2015, 07:41 AM
Don't know milla but it made me read the thread again and here is my favourite

'Unlike others I don't hide behind a username'

Author of this classic was someone who has the of 'red and green'!.......You just could not make it up!

great_fire
24-09-2015, 12:45 PM
What's pissing me off atm is the Millermad banner being off the screen to the right

Stopher4
24-09-2015, 01:12 PM
Seems like it's an annual event TFA threatening to leave only to come back, being the gambler that he is, whats the odds he'll be back soon or when there's money to be made off of people with the buses ?

PS I don't need to be on here to make friends thank you very much

Door, backside, ouch tara, lights out cya next year.

DavidEdinburgh
24-09-2015, 05:21 PM
I think the site appears ‘quiet’ due much more to frustration with the way the site operates (or at times simply doesn’t) than any of the banter.

I go on the other site, but to be honest MM would leave a hole in my ‘I love the Millers’ part of my life if it wasn’t here, and where else can you vent your feelings , good or bad, stupid or well made… (I’ve certainly regretted some of my rants with hindsight..) but in the end it’s because we are true fans and because RUFC is under our skin, and we care about our success.

I agree with the ‘face to face is best’ point as well, but failing that, it’s still a great place to share & listen to others views, and at times, it’s a Fecking good laugh.

Frog and others do a brilliant job on match day too, a lifeline at away games, including the pre match (sometimes during) off piste (or just pissed) banter...