PDA

View Full Version : Andy Keogh to sign

t-rex
22-01-2015, 12:44 PM
for the millers in the next 24 hours. 6 month deal with view to permanent from Perth Glory in Australia.

Big gamble from Evans after his release from Millwall in the summer, although he's not done bad over there.

Watch this space...

millmoormagic
22-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Interesting that...

t-rex
22-01-2015, 12:57 PM
Second top scorer in the A-League with 8 in 12, definitely worth a punt personally. Well done big Steve!

redandgreen
22-01-2015, 12:58 PM
for the millers in the next 24 hours. 6 month deal with view to permanent from Perth Glory in Australia.

Big gamble from Evans after his release from Millwall in the summer, although he's not done bad over there.

Watch this space...

Do we need another Irishman? That would be 4 with Sammon, Green and Frecks. Deano will have to get a flag made!

DavidR__9
22-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Used to be at S****horpe, setting up Sharp's goals for him?

Handy player, but we've got quite a lot like him - neat, tidy, not really a full on striker, never really scored huge numbers of goals, the sort who does nice things and sets up someone else. Not obvious who he'd play instead of - Barmby, maybe?

Personally, I think we need a proper, plays on the shoulder, does nowt outside the box but wakes up inside it type. Keogh isn't that, but he definitely has talent.

RawmarshMiller
22-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Must be on the starship enterprise then, was at the Perth Widlcats last night, doesn't look like the sort to give up his new life in oz.

Think this one is filed under not happening.

gwru
22-01-2015, 01:09 PM
No lets get in for Bradshaw, would be good buisness right age liked look of him other week. Looked confident.

uttis
22-01-2015, 01:30 PM
I honestly do not know what some people want on here, from what I have read Keogh seems to have a decent goals record and is the right age and experience. I think this is a good signing if it happens, its time to get real folks the likes of Darren Bent, Alfie and anyone else that has half an idea sticking the ball in the back of the onion bag is not going to come to little old Rotherham. Would like to see this one come off but like a couple of other posters would you really swap Perth Australia for Rotherham

HeyRiccchhhooo
22-01-2015, 01:31 PM
No lets get in for Bradshaw, would be good buisness right age liked look of him other week. Looked confident.
How many more times! Evans has already ruled out a move for Bradshaw

crookadile
22-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Just checked him out on Wikipedia. It is Perth Glory ( not Wildcats ) and he is not exactly prolific. 17 goals in 2 years at Millwall.
I know he has got 8 in 12 games at Perth but let's be honest it isn't a great league is it?
Probably League 2 level at best.
If the rumour is true and we do sign him I hope it pays off.
At the risk of being called negative :s I don't think it will.

TMiller
22-01-2015, 02:03 PM
re-unite sharp and keogh? sounds like a plan to me

RawmarshMiller
22-01-2015, 02:17 PM
Read his twitter, Perth Wildcats play basketball, he was at game watching last night.

NorthEssexMiller
22-01-2015, 02:24 PM
erm... 1 post wonder x

DavidR__9
22-01-2015, 02:27 PM
I honestly do not know what some people want on here, from what I have read Keogh seems to have a decent goals record and is the right age and experience. I think this is a good signing if it happens, its time to get real folks the likes of Darren Bent, Alfie and anyone else that has half an idea sticking the ball in the back of the onion bag is not going to come to little old Rotherham. Would like to see this one come off but like a couple of other posters would you really swap Perth Australia for Rotherham

In English football, he works out at about a goal every 5 or 6 games.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, or a bad signing, as such. I'm saying that I think we've quite a lot of players who like to play deep and make chances and can do a job on the wing and just off a front man and as an attacking midfielder. We've got precisely one genuine striker, in Derbyshire, who wants to get beyond the opponents' defence.

Our big problem, I

gwru
22-01-2015, 05:25 PM
How many more times! Evans has already ruled out a move for Bradshaw[/quote]

This is not word for word SE said Bradshaw is a good player but he's not for us. He's younger would be cheaper than Doyle. He fits TS idea try and get a player that's moving into the limelight. Its a good risk, every chance of getting outlay + more back on him.

jolly_roger
22-01-2015, 05:51 PM
I'll say this about Steve Evans...he's got some impressive airmiles clocked up

Ericsladkilnhurst
22-01-2015, 06:16 PM
I'll say this about Steve Evans...he's got some impressive airmiles clocked up

He's got a flight simulator in his study, along with microwave for warming his pies up. !