PDA

View Full Version : Skarz

twinnyjoe
23-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Just left by mutual consent

PeteWaller
23-01-2015, 02:09 PM
What ?

It's tough - view external link (http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/rotherham-united-joe-skarz-2221923.aspx)

sawmiller
23-01-2015, 02:10 PM
:? :? :?

the thick plottens...

ColinRUFC
23-01-2015, 02:11 PM
what the actual f*ck?

millertop
23-01-2015, 02:22 PM
:O Didn't see that coming at all.

Good luck Skarz and thank you :star:

gramiller1959
23-01-2015, 02:23 PM
baffled :s

tony260674
23-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Sorry but thats the last straw. What the **** is going on? Skarz has been fantastic for our football club, never let anyone down and in my opinion with one or two exceptions, adapted very well to this league. All of a sudden after 80 appearances he wasn't good enough and a month later he is paid off?? Soething very very fishy is going on!!

LiverDamage
23-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Gone to Oxford,i think. UTM :(

Littlest_Hobo
23-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Mindblowing. Skarz was one of the players who I didn't think would step up but he proved me wrong. I guess he doesn't fit with the new style and must have been p 1ssed that he was behing Reece James and then Fryers comes in half fit and takes the shirt.

Was he injured last home gome or just left out pending a disagreement, noting Milson came on and I can't remember if he was on the bench.

This is not my club, its doing my head in.

hodgey
23-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Evans hasn't got a clue at this level. The man is imploding, along with our hard-working promotion team.

Which... was 100x better than the sh*te we have now.

There's only one way we're going at this rate...

ColinRUFC
23-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Mindblowing. Skarz was one of the players who I didn't think would step up but he proved me wrong. I guess he doesn't fit with the new style and must have been p 1ssed that he was behing Reece James and then Fryers comes in half fit and takes the shirt.

Was he injured last home gome or just left out pending a disagreement, noting Milson came on and I can't remember if he was on the bench.

This is not my club, its doing my head in.

Skarz wasn't on the bench. Milsom (who only seems to play left back these days) was there in front of him. Writing was on the wall then.

rolymiller
23-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Yep highly strange that one..we now have no permanent left back at the club i believe...oooops...thought Skarz was always a 7/10 man never poor but never brilliant. He was often the player who stood out as best when the team performed poorly. Good pro and not on a big wage. Good luck and thanks for your whole hearted performances Joe.

millertop
23-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Is Sadler still with us?

Evans will just use Broadfoot if needed or maybe Milsom

nys
23-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Casting aside any sentiment, I don't think any part of his game has been good enough at this level. His passing has been rushed and aimless and wingers were given way too much space. I thought he was the weak link in the team before he was dropped.

He is a good, solid player at League 1. I wish him all the best in finding a top League 1 club asap.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
23-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Is Sadler still with us?

Doubt Sadler will get a chance, but he's still with us I think, there's that many comings and goings I lose track. :/ :/ :/ :/

Nedstarks_son
23-01-2015, 02:45 PM
Which ever way you look at this it is an absolute joke. The lad we have in on loan is never going to be ours due to wages/transfer fee, Sadler is deemed not good enough and will never play and last weekend was 4th choice. The 3rd choice Milsom ain't a left back solution long term and is only a fringe player. Even if we get a left back in why have we signed the lad on loan and wasted the money on his wage.

True pro Skarz and never let anyone down I always thought from the opening day that right back has been our biggest problem. Richardson has been less than average and we have resorted in to playing CD rest of the season that have struggled to adapt despite their best efforts.

Baffled beyond belief.

Who is going to be Jimmy Tarbuck on the next few posts.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
23-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Sorry but thats the last straw. What the **** is going on? Skarz has been fantastic for our football club, never let anyone down and in my opinion with one or two exceptions, adapted very well to this league. All of a sudden after 80 appearances he wasn't good enough and a month later he is paid off?? Soething very very fishy is going on!!

Same old, same old, told two promotions falls out with players, also doesn't seem to like working with players. Joe looks to me like he's got potential and he's young enough to improve, I agree he looked good enough anyway.

I'm sick to death of this crap now.

hodgey
23-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Is Sadler still with us?

Richardson at right back and Broadfoot on the left.

God help us. :blue:

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
23-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Also Joe, the kind of player who runs through brick walls for you, willing to put his body on the line, isn't this the kind of player you need in a relegation battle?? From what I've seen this season we don't have enough players like this and it's one of our problems.

Millerboy08
23-01-2015, 02:59 PM
I've a good mind to go down traing ground and give that useless fat twot a piece of my mind what is he playing at it wouldn't be as bad if old chubby remembered this club is ours and not his to play about wi like a half eaten Sunday dinner, so joe has gone I'll be blunt here were Guna end up no one on our books and a bunch of has beens who no one wants on loan!
It really is time for him to feck off not wining no striker we need so bad and to put the cherry on his great big cake everyone and anyone who is worth anything is leaving what a joke get him out now
Full blown self centred disaster waiting to happen

the_idiotb_stardson
23-01-2015, 03:00 PM
Nowhere near good enough for the championship.

The most frustrating feature of his game is that he always pauses when he receives the ball in an attacking position. That's a real deficiency at this level.

WELL DONE STEVE EVANS better late than never.

Having said that Joe Skarz always gave 100 percent. He seemed a dedicated pro and he played a big part in our promotion campaigns.

Best wishes Skarzy.

aussiemiller
23-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Maybe "by MUTUAL consent" is the clue here. too many toys flying out of the pram around here for my liking. A good servant or the club thanks Joe and I hope you get the matches you want wherever you end up

millertop
23-01-2015, 03:04 PM
We might have another LB coming in TBH I'm not too worried about the back four.
Still it's a shock that Skarz has gone, Mr reliable IMO

uttis
23-01-2015, 03:09 PM
Not one to usually get emotional about these comings and goings as I have always been prepared to see the "long game" but i am bloody furious with this transfer, it beggars belief, as has been said he has been a model pro and i could understand if better was here already but he's the best left back we've had since Hursty, agreed nothing spectacular but he's sailed through League 2 , 1 and now the Championship, Friers won't be here permanent, Milsom always injured and only seen Sadler for half a game against Leicester pre season so can't comment.
I truly believe Evans has lost the plot big time, there is just no method in all these changes, Broadfoot left back don't make me laugh hes right footed to start with,
Evans for godsake stop wasting money the last best permanent signing you made was Colin two years ago from Carlisle(arguably Green and JCH thats it) We've got 10 days left to get this squad sorted, if you need to get shut of anybody make sure its the ones you brought in last su

Mattthemiller157
23-01-2015, 03:12 PM
[quote="aussiemiller" is the clue here. too many toys flying out of the pram around here for my liking. A good servant or the club thanks Joe and I hope you get the matches you want wherever you end up[/quote]

Mutual consent is a nice way to say the club don't want you, but we don't want your CV to be hampered.

tongmeister
23-01-2015, 03:13 PM
I must add my displeasure at the treatment of Joe Skarz. I felt Joe had adjusted well to the demands of the Championship and he showed great consistency. We do not know what goes on behind closed doors but I do know he is a damnn sight better than some of these so called players who have come in on loan and moved on. The team spirit at present must be at its lowest during Evans tenure and this sort of decision will only make the task of staying up harder. I fear it will not be long before the fat lady begins to gargle. I hope the Angel of the North proves me wrong again

ColinRUFC
23-01-2015, 03:15 PM
[quote="aussiemiller" is the clue here. too many toys flying out of the pram around here for my liking. A good servant or the club thanks Joe and I hope you get the matches you want wherever you end up[/quote]

Mutual consent just means (in the majority of cases) that a player has been told he has no future at the club, and his choices are to take the deal offered (usually a percentage of the remainder of his contract) or sit it out until the end of his contract / until someone comes in for him. It bears no relation on whether the player actually wants to leave.

In other professional lines of business it's called a car park conversation.

aussiemiller
23-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Or "OK i get that i am probably not good enough to maintain my place in this side and i will probably be replaced in the summer, but i dont want to sit on the bench keeping it warm ... so how about we move on and i find somewhere where i will get more game time?"

Mattthemiller157
23-01-2015, 03:19 PM
[quote="aussiemiller"[/quote]

Then wouldn't they transfer him?

millertop
23-01-2015, 03:20 PM

Which ever way you look at it IMO Skarz has been pushed out.

ColinRUFC
23-01-2015, 03:20 PM

That's the prelude to a loan move.

hodgey
23-01-2015, 03:21 PM

When has mutual agreement ever meant anything in football?

PeteWaller
23-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Remember saying last May to my wife and two nephews. "Enjoy this day coz you probably won't witness the like again in the next 20 years.

I really didn't think the ride would finish so soon after.

I haven't a clue what might happen next

>:( >:( >:( >:(

aussiemiller
23-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Who knows what is going on on the training grounds or in the dressing room or the boardroom? Maybe TS has issued the ultimatum to SE ... "sort your mess out. You have x amount of weeks/months to get it sorted or you will be looking for a new job. Make the hard decisions and work out who you want and who you dont and get the job done"

I doubt many on here are privy to whats happening within the club at the moment. Best we can do is continue to support the club and see what happens. Its not a disaster just yet

hodgey
23-01-2015, 03:32 PM
[quote="aussiemiller"

I doubt many on here are privy to whats happening within the club at the moment. Best we can do is continue to support the club and see what happens. Its not a disaster just yet[/quote]

Just until Le Fondre puts 3 past us and we get thumped by Bolton on Tuesday... :blue:

Millerboy08
23-01-2015, 03:36 PM
[quote="aussiemiller"

I doubt many on here are privy to whats happening within the club at the moment. Best we can do is continue to support the club and see what happens. Its not a disaster just yet[/quote]

Not a disaster we have a utter bully and a self centred idiot at the wheel

aussiemiller
23-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Hopefully not ...I reckon (hope) he wont see much of the ball from inside Arnie's pocket

i do get the feeling that something major is brewing behind the scenes though

Millerboy08
23-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Can't be owt that major remember were three Bob rotherham

DavidR__9
23-01-2015, 03:52 PM
What does this say about the mindset at the club?

Skarz started this season well, adapted well and looked like a reliable Championship defender. He made a couple of mistakes and lost some confidence going forward (as IBS said, taking a touch to make sure).

Then came the style change and he got dropped.

The thinking has moved from short termism to immediatism (and that's not even a word). Skarz lost form. A bit of time out of the team, some coaching and maybe he could have developed ang kicked on a game. Instead he's paid up.

I get the idea of being good enough or not good enough. I don't get the maybe good enough is a "no" bit - there's no space in that to allow players to develop and, realistically, we're going to need players to develop because we can't afford the finished article at Championship level.

Plus, of course, it's a possibility that we might go down. If we do, a player like Skarz would be a real asset - exactly the player we now have to look for in the summer, assu

PeteWaller
23-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Same has happened to Ben Pringle imo. What a sorry state we shall be in if/when we go down and we have lost the services of such players.

Just looking at my Wembley programme to see whats on that programme are now missing -

Brindley (Possibly leaving)
Skarz
Claude Davis
Revs
O'Connor
Agard
Rose maybe
Wes Thomas
Tavs
Vuckic
Tom Hitchcock

Add players brought in but not properly utilised

Broadfoot
Wood
Hall
Bowery
Becchio
Swift
Taylor
Derbyshire
Wordsworth
Clarke-Harris
Sadler

Probably missed others off but that's in the space of less than a year!

Gobsmacked

Birdysmalls
23-01-2015, 04:08 PM
SKARZ IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!

I agree he has been a good assit in L2 and L1. Not the championship. What do you lot watch at NY??

Thank god that song will not be sung again!!!

Hopefully next he will get rid of Fraz Richardson.

In SE we trust.

PeteWaller
23-01-2015, 04:13 PM

I agree he has been a good assit in L2 and L1. Not the championship. What do you lot watch at NY??

In SE we trust.

And our left back is ...?

Oh yes, another short term loanee

Mattthemiller157
23-01-2015, 04:17 PM

In SE we trust.

So if we go down, you'll say it's a stupid decision to have let him go then?

billyhague
23-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Having read all of this , my initial thought was there really needs to be a positive signing over the next couple of days or we really are in a mess . However I have now thought it through and even if we sign say Alf (who is available for loan according to the BBC) it will create some much needed positivity and hopefully goals but the underlying problem - that we appear to have no strategy at all will not have gone away . Dark times indeed , and we are still outside the relegation places in the Championship !

hodgey
23-01-2015, 04:27 PM

In SE we trust.

Let's hope Fyers doesn't get recalled or injured then Birdbrain...

Birdysmalls
23-01-2015, 04:29 PM

In SE we trust.

So if we go down, you'll say it's a stupid decision to have let him go then?[/quote]

We cannot be in that mindset. Otherwise we would have kept the rest of League 1 team.

If they are not good enough, get rid.

btw, I trust SE to get this club stable in the Championship.

gramiller1959
23-01-2015, 04:34 PM
while i am still baffled by this its not surprising,

while skarz always gave 110% he is limited and tended to just hoof it when under pressure :(

now if it is TS`s intention to stay in this league then we need nothing but championship players so in evans i trust :)

but broadfoot richardson etc are making me scratch my head :s now skarz was a good squad player but did the lad want to be sat on the bench ? i doubt it so probably best all round

uttis
23-01-2015, 05:03 PM
Can my fellow Millers look at Pete Wallers post (no 40) and honestly tell me the squad is stronger now, the players he lists in the top half of his post that went to Wembley is far stronger than the list at the bottom (with the possible exception of Becchio).
Progress my a rse

TMiller
23-01-2015, 05:05 PM
there's no loyalty in football. this normally applies to the players but steve evans doesn't seem to show any to players who have served him so well :blue: we had a decent team at the start of the season who all knew each others games inside out. now we have a bunch of strangers who individually for me are no better than what we had. also this tippy tappy football has given the fans absolutely nothing to get behind

frogmiller
23-01-2015, 05:15 PM

In SE we trust.

So if we go down, you'll say it's a stupid decision to have let him go then?[/quote]

We cannot be in that mindset. Otherwise we would have kept the rest of League 1 team.

If they are not good enough, get rid.

btw, I trust SE to get this club stable in the Championship.[/quote]

Your last sentence - I hope he doesn't sign horses or donkeys - mind you they'd be good in the local derbies B) in the Championship that is.

AlfieThaFat
23-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Could understand people saying Skarz wasnt up to this league,if we actually had better.From what i've seen Fryers looks about as fit as me,James was average and had his fair share of run arounds,Sadler well anyone who thought that he was genuine competition has a better imagination than i have,and Milsom,isnt even a left back and gets injured brushing his teeth.

caytonmiller
23-01-2015, 05:18 PM
i stated in league 1 our left side was the weak link. the amount of goals created from that side way out did through the middle or the right..
you can blame pringle for not covering or skarz being out of position. either way it was obvious to see.
also take a look at the opponent fullbacks that have played at NYS this season... 90% outshone skarz...

in league 1 players like revell/thomas/pringle/arni/davis/vuckic/brindley/oconnor,, got weekly slating as not being good enough. now we move them on people are saying "evens has lost the plot"

anyone who thinks our squad is weaker this season than last need to come with me in the morning. specsavers here we come

frogmiller
23-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Fellow MM members.

IS SE is not liked by the players and generally the staff at RUFC.

The way he goes about his business at the club is supported for the moment by Tony Stewart.

TS is guided by the the people he employs. SE was employed to get us into the Championship within a timeframe. He acheived this. We're not in the bottom three and if you can recall a thread by IBS regarding us and the league table you'll find that he's right 'I can't beleive I've wrote that' XD XD XD

Skarz is not the first and he's not going to be the last of the favourites that leave the club!

I liked what I saw in Skarz on the few times I've seen us and I wish him all the best for his future. Thanks!!!

PeteWaller
23-01-2015, 05:28 PM
i stated in league 1 our left side was the weak link. the amount of goals created from that side way out did through the middle or the right..
you can blame pringle for not covering or skarz being out of position. either way it was obvious to see.
also take a look at the opponent fullbacks that have played at NYS this season... 90% outshone skarz...

in league 1 players like revell/thomas/pringle/arni/davis/vuckic/brindley/oconnor,, got weekly slating as not being good enough. now we move them on people are saying "evens has lost the plot"

anyone who thinks our squad is weaker this season than last need to come with me in the morning. specsavers here we come

Don't disagree really but what benefit have we had from the following signings who have come in since :-

Broadfoot
Wood
Hall
Bowery
Becchio
Swift
Taylor
Derbyshire
Wordsworth
Clarke-Harris - Gone!
Sadler
Newton - Not seen anything of him - Why?
Sadler
Rich

caytonmiller
23-01-2015, 05:32 PM
skarz played 60 games over 4 year in league 1 for huddersfield and sold to a league 2 side.
2 n a bit seasons in league 2&1 for bury before being sold to us (in league 2) as bury were in the mire and looked doomed to relegation.
looked good in league 2 for us, looked avg in league 1 out of his depth in championship.

gl skarz. its been a pleasure watching what you helped us obtain over the past 2 seasons..

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
23-01-2015, 05:34 PM

Sorry it's far weaker, last seasons squad had fight, spirit and a never say die attitude which I no evidence of with this one.

AlfieThaFat
23-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Whether last seasons players were up to this level or not,i reckon it would have been more fun to watch.How much worse on the scoring front could we have been.Its more luck than judgement that we've a relatively good defensive record,seeing as our defence have a nose bleed at the thought of making a tackle,and green and smallwood neither support the attack or stop us getting caught on the break and seem to have their feet glued to the halfway line,other than making sideways and backwards passes.As for our strikers,name one better than Agard,Thomas or Vuckic.The fact that we occupy a lofty 4th bottom spot,despite seemingly playing for 0-0 draws,suggest last seasons squad could hardly have done much worse.

DavidR__9
23-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Collin v Collin - equal
Loach v Shearer - Loach, probably.
Bradley/Brindley/Tavernier v Richardson/Brindley - last year stronger
Morgan/Arnason/Davis v Morgan/Arnason/Wood/Broadfoot - same - two decent central defenders and some carthorses
Skarz v A Succession of Inexperience Loan Players - Skarz
Agard v Brandy/Hall/Taylor/Ward/Ledesma/whoever was walking past the training ground this week - Agard
Smallwood v Smallwood - Smallwood
Frecklington v Green - Frecklington
Pringle v Hamill/varios - Pringle, although Hamill looked decent for 35 minutes
Revell v Sammon - Revell
Hitchcock v Derbyshire - Derbyshire
Vucic v JCH - Vucix
A park bench/the corner flags/a small pile of bricks/Thomas v Bowery - the park bench.

A settled, direct, clear system v pointless sideways passing yielding virtually no chances - erm, hang on...

The team that played at Wembley v the team that played vs Bournemouth - 3-0 (Agard 38, Thomas 64, Frecklington 87)

caytonmiller
23-01-2015, 05:41 PM
just look at what we have replaced with the list you mentioned. you have to agree 80-90% are improvements

[

Don't disagree really but what benefit have we had from the following signings who have come in since :-

Broadfoot mills
Wood davis
Hall worrall
Bowery hylton
Becchio tubbs
Swift no body like him
Taylor adams
Derbyshire eaves
Wordsworth oconnor
Clarke-Harris - hitchcock
Newton - noble
Sadler we never had many left backs to compare
Richardson bradley

PeteWaller
23-01-2015, 05:52 PM
CaytonMiller - What DavidR said

gorky
23-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Good luck Joe. Ever the professional and always looked a good player to me. The reaction on here to a reserve left back who hasn't been in the team for nearly three months being released is laughable mind.

caytonmiller
23-01-2015, 06:06 PM
CaytonMiller - What DavidR said

that would be fine but 3 out of the 4 which david said were stronger last season, had the chance to sign for us but choose to go else where.

tavs, revell, agard and looks like pringle.. only maybe vuckic would return

Shropshire Miller
23-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Why do people keep saying there is no strategy? The strategy was to get the best team up front and a lot of the money was spent on strikers who aren't performing. The best players we are going to get are those that went for big money in the past and can be bought cheaper now in the hope that they will come good. Players who are playing well at Championship level aren't going to come to Rotherham! Now the money is spent we have to try to plug gaps with loan players or take a gamble on a lower league player being able to step up. Given the fact that a lot of our players who looked good last year haven't stepped up that last option is as much of a gamble as the others. Also for those saying SE is out of his depth at this level how do you become a good Championship manager then unless you work your way up the league? Again we aren't going to attract a high performing Championship manager are we?

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
23-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Good luck Joe. Ever the professional and always looked a good player to me. The reaction on here to a reserve left back who hasn't been in the team for nearly three months being released is laughable mind.

Not really we had our best results with him in the side.

gorky
23-01-2015, 06:41 PM

Not really we had our best results with him in the side.[/quote]

Agreed. But I don't remember such a reaction when he was dropped for the Man United lad.

twinnyjoe
23-01-2015, 06:50 PM
When we had james at left back we didn't actually lose a game!!

ida
23-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Good pro.

Not good enough in champs.

Some right drama Queens exaggerating this in to a platform to shout at the management team and declare him a bully, thick, chastised by TS and the team ( a league 1 team with league 1 players) worse than it was last season.

If you could substantiate any of the rants with hard evidence I'd like to hear it.

more assumptions based on fantastic thinking, agendas and poor observation skills.

you'd think a baby had been sold.

myowzer
23-01-2015, 07:01 PM
I like Skarz but sometimes you have to forget sentimentality if you want to progress, it would be great if last years team could have cut it.

No one including me has any idea what goes on behind the scenes, there could be a whole heap of reasons for this but some just have to assume that something crazy is happening or that Evans has lost the dressing room or he can't cut it at this level.

Jonny Mullins springs to mind and that worked out OK, it might simply be that he simply isn't good enough at this level, he has done OK but OK isn't going to save us.

Now, that said hopefully there is a plan and he is making way for someone who can do that bit more with the ball.

We all said he should keep his mouth shut till players are signed up, we can't then moan when don;t get to know anything.

Gwyther
23-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Good luck to the fella...done a cracking job for us. The lads got earn a living and if he is not in Evans future plans so be it. Players come players go, this just the way of things.

Val_Mascal
23-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Collin v Collin - equal
Loach v Shearer - Loach, probably.
Bradley/Brindley/Tavernier v Richardson/Brindley - last year stronger
Morgan/Arnason/Davis v Morgan/Arnason/Wood/Broadfoot - same - two decent central defenders and some carthorses
Skarz v A Succession of Inexperience Loan Players - Skarz
Agard v Brandy/Hall/Taylor/Ward/Ledesma/whoever was walking past the training ground this week - Agard
Smallwood v Smallwood - Smallwood
Frecklington v Green - Frecklington
Pringle v Hamill/varios - Pringle, although Hamill looked decent for 35 minutes
Revell v Sammon - Revell
Hitchcock v Derbyshire - Derbyshire
Vucic v JCH - Vucix
A park bench/the corner flags/a small pile of bricks/Thomas v Bowery - the park bench.

A settled, direct, clear system v pointless sideways passing yielding virtually no chances - erm, hang on...

The team that played at Wembley v the team that played vs Bournemouth - 3-0 (Agard 38, Thomas 64, Frecklington 87)

jolly_roger
23-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Joe Skarz owes us nothing, a good pro and I'm sorry to see him go.

Must be part of the Steve Evans master plan, whatever that is.

I hope there is one and not just the last shake of the dice by a condemned man.

DavidR__9
23-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Val_Mescal's post makes a fair argument but misses these points:

1 the original argument was that this year's squad is better than last year's. It isn't.
2. While it's true we couldn't afford those players, surely no one is arguing that we have a smaller wage bill than last year. So, if that's right we've used a bigger wage budget and our newly acquired Championship status to assemble an inferior playing squad. That's an achievement of shorts I guess.

avondalemiller
23-01-2015, 07:17 PM
...good luck Joe, thanks for your time here. Unfortunately not quite up to it in this league, lost his man too often at the far post, in all the leagues he played for us. Falls in to the category "does ok" but that's not good enough in the Championship. Will earn a living lower down. Like i said, Good Luck & Thanks.

Millerboy08
23-01-2015, 07:18 PM
But we still keep Richardson who is another who isn't up to it!!
#puzzeld

riccallmiller
23-01-2015, 11:49 PM
How can you compare last years squad v this years. We are now in a difficult division.
The players are trying their best but are up against better players. James was excellent and please dont try and compare him to skarz, Skarz did well for us but will deffo go to a lg2 club thats his level. James however is quality and thank god Evans is at the helm and not some of the nutters on here.

millerman_in_newyork
24-01-2015, 12:31 AM
Good luck to Joe. He can leave with his head held high. Did a good, solid job in our successive promotions-a good signing in my opinion.

millertop
24-01-2015, 03:55 PM

Yes he's signed for Oxford

gramiller1959
24-01-2015, 04:08 PM

Yes he's signed for Oxford[/quote]

GOOD MOVE FOR THE LAD, ESPECIALLY IF ITS A LONG CONTRACT !

:( excuse caps :(

edit ... the thing is oxford may well have inquired about him ? evans asks him do you want to go ? he says yes and evans gets slated :) evans may well have been looking after joes best interests !

gramiller1959
24-01-2015, 04:11 PM
watfor pull one back :)

watford 1 pool 2 ... come on watford

welovebooth
24-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Davidr you say this team is worst than last season like its a matter off fact.

Can I ask what makes you say-think it is

LiAmOfRuFc
24-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Very big drop, surprised at that.

LiAmOfRuFc
24-01-2015, 04:29 PM
Did anybody ever notice how much he looks like Smallwood?;D - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30966737)

millertop
24-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Did anybody ever notice how much he looks like Smallwood?;D

Twins XD