PDA

View Full Version : Workington 26 Whitehaven 0

griff
26-01-2015, 10:28 AM
I went along to this pre-season match because I had a complimentary ticket. It was quite enjoyable because there was a friendly, community feel to the crowd of about 1400 and their approach to the players.

But I couldn't help feeling, is this what's in store for us? A small group of die-hard enthusiasts politely clapping whatever we're given? Careful what you wish for.

moorlad
26-01-2015, 10:35 AM
That weren't a real game Griff in fairness. The Whitehaven team is cack at the moment, but it tends to go in cycles a bit. A real problem around here is that youngsters are tending to not give much of **** about the local pro clubs, but want to get deals at bigger clubs. Interestingly this has not happened so much with football, perhaps because the lower league football teams are paying a bit more.

Benjiblue
26-01-2015, 11:10 AM
All the decent locals get snapped up by Lancashire clubs my 18yr old nephew travels to play for salford.

moorlad
26-01-2015, 01:05 PM
That's right mate, never used to be the case, local clubs used to be able to get a look in, and it was better for the youngsters and the clubs.

Jay1
26-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Griff,

You tight this is exactly the reason quality professional rugby league will never be played in this county people like you not paying your ticket price and probably taking a flask with you.

This Game was not a pre-season it was THE IKE SOUTHWARD MEMORIAL TROPHY you probably don't know who he is, MOORLAD should certainly know.

YOUNG IKE I HOPE YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS.

SHAME ON YOU MOORLAD

griff
26-01-2015, 09:56 PM
**** off Jay.

I didn't pay but I drove somebody there who did. I enjoyed the experience and we both agreed that we'll go back.

I know very well who Ike Southward was, not is as you incorrectly say. RIP Ike, who was a force in Cumberland RL when I was a lad, and when I watched more than a few games. I always preferred Union though, having a former international in the family.

I didn't take a flask though.

moorlad
27-01-2015, 07:50 AM
Griff,

You tight this is exactly the reason quality professional rugby league will never be played in this county people like you not paying your ticket price and probably taking a flask with you.

This Game was not a pre-season it was THE IKE SOUTHWARD MEMORIAL TROPHY you probably don't know who he is, MOORLAD should certainly know.

YOUNG IKE I HOPE YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS.

SHAME ON YOU MOORLAD

What a dick, as if I don't know who Ike Southward was. **** me I played the game for ****ing years in the '70s and '80s.

griff
27-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Divn't worry moorlad. I think we've scared to moaning dick off.

Jay1
30-01-2015, 09:23 PM
Moorlad,

Was your favourite away game Egremont because they had the Big Bath full of Dick