PDA

View Full Version : Time to speak the truth

Donald_Valley
26-01-2015, 07:56 PM
So, there's no money in the pot. We can't compete at this level. We, in fact, look like we are sweeping the decks to bring the wage budget down and selling off players who are running towards the end of the contract.

Fair enough, lets be honest with the fans. Let's be honest to the gaffer rather than slating him for signing crap when that's all he can afford.

Speak up Tony, you've done a fantastic job with the ground and 2 promotions but time to tell us what the overall plan is.

Pacman
26-01-2015, 09:30 PM
I keep hearing the words ' value for money ' well every club really wants value for money so theres nothing new there ! We have wasted so much money on players coming and going, now the smoke signals coming from NYS indicate cupboard is nearly empty !!
It was always going to be a tough league- if you want to compete you have to pay the going rate .

Donald_Valley
26-01-2015, 09:37 PM
What I do find most puzzling is that we are getting shot of players who would have made us strong next year if we go down..Scarz, Revs, etc.

As it stands, we are going to be doing another mass recruitment drive in July.

We need stability

crashbang
26-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Nah lets get into 75 million debt like Blackburn .
someone put a list up of championship debt. It is an eye opener.

Donald_Valley
26-01-2015, 09:40 PM

No one is saying that. The post is about being open and honest.

crashbang
26-01-2015, 09:46 PM
It's s business. Why should they tell you the ins snd outs.
knowt to do with you.

Donald_Valley
26-01-2015, 09:50 PM
It is a business. One that relies on its paying customers. A business that fails to be open with its customers is on a downward spiral.

Pocket rocket
26-01-2015, 09:54 PM
So we should spend money we haven't got?. Am I mistaken are we down already lets just hope we can achieve the impossible and stay up. I would rather spend what we've got and if that's not enough so be it. Let's just try and keep the faith.

Utm

crashbang
26-01-2015, 09:55 PM
It is a business. One that relies on its paying customers. A business that fails to be open with its customers is on a downward spiral.

Did you read over that daft post before you pressed send.
lololo

Donald_Valley
26-01-2015, 09:58 PM
So we should spend money we haven't got?. Am I mistaken are we down already lets just hope we can achieve the impossible and stay up. I would rather spend what we've got and if that's not enough so be it. Let's just try and keep the faith.

Utm

To reiterate, nobody has said we should spend more money.

All I suggested is some open honesty about what is going on. The actions don't match the words at present.

Donald_Valley
26-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Yes, I'm sorry if you can't make sense of it. If you've got nothing more to add then I suggest you open another can of aldi lager.

crashbang
26-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Mushrooms

="Donald_Valley"]So we should spend money we haven't got?. Am I mistaken are we down already lets just hope we can achieve the impossible and stay up. I would rather spend what we've got and if that's not enough so be it. Let's just try and keep the faith.

Utm[/quote]

To reiterate, nobody has said we should spend more money.

All I suggested is some open honesty about what is going on. The actions don't match the words at present.[/quote]

Mushro

Donald_Valley
26-01-2015, 10:03 PM
What an embarrassment

crashbang
26-01-2015, 10:04 PM
A Good business treats it's customers like mushrooms.
keep them in the dark, and feed them sh!t,

I'm on my phone with fat thumbs bell

Millerboy08
26-01-2015, 10:18 PM

U swallowed the Evan/Stewart dictionary?
Fact is if Ya don't spend Ya go down it really is that simple in championship so by Evans and co feeding us this value for money sob story after all brad he has wasted I'ds nothing short of an insult!
It need a investment of a good lump to go forward now tony has done a great job from brink of extinction to now but he as well as Evan have peaked and need help no shame in that is they?
Remember YA DONT SPEND YA GO DOWN!!!

jolly_roger
26-01-2015, 10:19 PM

Yes it's a business in what's effectively the entertainment sector. The media comments by TS, SE and others are effectively advertising the entertainment to come.

Folks are going to be feeling ripped off if they expect to see leading actors but end up with the local drama group.

Millerboy08
26-01-2015, 10:20 PM

Utm

Then what next season?? Just plod on forever in L1 get a grip we must push in and get investors in and mke this business grow year on year not just stand by and say ih be ok here us little old rotherham
No chance dunt wash wi me that

Donald_Valley
26-01-2015, 10:20 PM
Roger - exactly!!!

C_Millers
26-01-2015, 10:23 PM
As has been said before, the money was there but Evans has wasted it on absolute dross!

Becchio wouldn't have come cheap, neither would Paul Taylor and Wordsworth. We've broke our transfer record twice on two lads who barely get a look in. Add the wages off Loach, Derbyshire, Wood, Richardson and the countless loans we fetch in.

No one is asking for us to get in debt or to spend silly money, people just want value for money as SE keeps going on about. Out of all of the signings we've made how many have proved value for money? I'd say Smallwood and Green at times and that's it. Obviously can't comment on January signings just yet but I hope they prove to be good additions.

CTMilller
26-01-2015, 10:24 PM

In my experience, most companies tell you what they want you to hear and they avoid saying what will hurt their reputation.

In that sense a football club (and not just ours) is a pretty similar animal.

In their place, and given what's happened so far and the actions in response from the club, I would do the same as SE and TS appear to be doing on the communications front.

The Millers ARE in a difficult place at the moment and Evans is doing what he thinks is the right thing to correct that. He would probably agree that it's contentious even unorthodox but he will maintain that his approach is the right course of action and he is being realistic; many will disagree (as they are doing in droves.)

Because of this, at the moment his best course of action in terms of PR is not to say too mu

Millerboy08
26-01-2015, 10:27 PM
It's us the fans who should be harping on about value for money cos we ant had much of it this season

Donald_Valley
26-01-2015, 10:30 PM

In my experience, most companies tell you what they want you to hear and they avoid saying what will hurt their reputation.

In that sense a football club (and not just ours) is a pretty similar animal.

In their place, and given what's happened so far and the actions in response from the club, I would do the same as SE and TS appear to be doing on the communications front.

The Millers ARE in a difficult place at the moment and Evans is doing what he thinks is the right thing to correct that. He would probably agree that it's contentious even unorthodox but he will maintain that his approach is the right course of action and he is being realistic; many will disagree (as they are doing in droves.)

Because of this, at the moment his best cours