PDA

View Full Version : My verdict

Pocket rocket
31-01-2015, 07:28 PM
good point today just been in pub with charlton fans they thought we deserved a draw although we were both poor. I agree in the grand scheme of things a good point is ok it's gonna be a tough battle till the end we could have had a penalty but apart from that thought it was a fair result onwards and upwards hopefully .

Utm

mikemiller
31-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Nice to see a thread that is actually commenting on the match!!!

I agree with previous comments, but not happy with various other stuff...

1. Zeki Fryers hs got to be the worst full-back to appear in a Millers shirt since Ronnie signed that bloke from Southport Post Office when we only had 8 professional players on the books at that time...if he had played in that Bournenouth FA Cup tie, they would have easily got into double figures. Luckily for us, Charlton were so poor they didn;t take advantage...other teams will do though...thank xxxx it is only a one month loan...makes you wonder about the scouting system

2. Substitutions...Derbyshire had next to zero impact on the game (as is fairly usual), Green was his usual self - ok for the first few minutes , missed the usual couple of sitters,
then just too slow to keep up...who did SE take off ? - Sammon, Newton, and Pringle - who wete all playing quite well!
I just don't get it.

NFMiller
31-01-2015, 09:14 PM
[quote="mikemiller"]Nice to see a thread that is actually commenting on the match!!!

1. Zeki Fryers hs got to be the worst full-back to appear in a Millers shirt since Ronnie signed that bloke from Southport Post Office when we only had 8 professional players on the books at that time...if he had played in that Bournenouth FA Cup tie, they would have easily got into double figures. Luckily for us, Charlton were so poor they didn;t take advantage...other teams will do though...thank xxxx it is only a one month loan...makes you wonder about the scouting system

2. Substitutions...Derbyshire had next to zero impact on the game (as is fairly usual), Green was his usual self - ok for the first few minutes , missed the usual couple of sitters,
then just too slow to keep up...who did SE take off ? - Sammon, Newton, and Pringle - who wete all playing quite well!
I just don't get it.[/qu

millmoormagic
31-01-2015, 09:23 PM
[quote="mikemiller"]Nice to see a thread that is actually commenting on the match!!!

I just don't get it.[/qu

mikemiller
31-01-2015, 09:47 PM
So you are saying that Pringle and Sammon wouldn't have been capable of scoring ...like they did a few days ago?
Worst part of SE decision was taking Newton off and leavig Green on
I notice that nobody is disagreeing with assessment of Fryers

MarkThomas
31-01-2015, 09:47 PM
I'm told we deserved to win, that Morgan was immense, that Derbyshire was once again impressive, that their keeper pulled a great save off and that we were denied a penalty for a Maradona -esque handball.

When I heard on Talksport that we'd conceded late on I was dejected, knowing as I did that Millwall were leading. Then to hear that we'd equalised was pure delight. Great point. Win at home, draw away - a good platform for a re*****ised squad. And I'm told the players really looked up for it. Bonding is clearly taking place.

mikemiller
31-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Rock solid performances from Collin and Morgan - no doubt about that. Great to see Pringle back to his usual high standands

millmoormagic
31-01-2015, 09:54 PM
So you are saying that Pringle and Sammon wouldn't have been capable of scoring ...like they did a few days ago?
Worst part of SE decision was taking Newton off and leavig Green on
I notice that nobody is disagreeing with assessment of Fryers

The thing about Friers, well, yeh, i don't think he's good enough for us, but in two games he's played we've got 4 points, but if we had Joe Skarz still here it would be a no brainer...i thought SE got the subs bang on to be honest, Hamill looked lively, Ward seems to create a whole lot of space for himself, and scored, and Hunt looks a player, so we'll have to disagree fella.

kempo
31-01-2015, 10:11 PM

I just don't get it.[/qu

mikemiller
31-01-2015, 10:16 PM
I would have put Ward on for Derbyshire as the first substitution
I'd be interested to know who (if anybody) has bid 5 miilion for Fryers

jolly_roger
31-01-2015, 10:23 PM
I didn't go today so I can't comment much about the match.

However this criticism of Fryers got me thinking. I've always thought that a defender is only as good as the player playing in front of him. That midfielder stops the defender being over run and acts as the first line of defence.

Now if you look at past posts on this board our left backs have attracted much criticism, Skarz, James, Broadfoot (played out of position) and now Fryers.

In all cases the midfielder directly in front of them was Ben Pringle.

Coincidence?

millmoormagic
31-01-2015, 10:23 PM
I would have put Ward on for Derbyshire as the first substitution
I'd be interested to know who (if anybody) has bid 5 miilion for Fryers

My last word on it, in that case, you would've took our most effective striker off and left the most ineffective one on, strange one that.

I do agree with you about Zeki Friers though, not good enough in my opinion, but i will support him whilever he wears the shirt.

millmoormagic
31-01-2015, 10:26 PM
I didn't gk today so I can't comment much about tge match.

However this criticism of Fryers got me thinking. I've always thought tgthat at a defender is only as good as the player playing in front of him. That midfielder stops the defender being over run and acts as the first line of defence.

Now if you look at past posts on this board our left backs have attracted much criticism, Skarz, James, Broadfoot (played out of position) and now Fryers.

In all cases the midfielder directly in front of them was Ben Pringle.

Coincidence?

Don't really think so, interesting thought though, i think he's a pretty solid defender to be honest, it's his distribution and football ability at this level that worries me, but he'splayed two games and we got 4 points, so carry on fella!!

charlielard
31-01-2015, 10:27 PM
I didn't go today but I thought Fryers was impressive against Bournemouth and Bolton. I guess it's all about opinions.

SaxonMiller
31-01-2015, 10:29 PM
I think Palace paid 5m for ZF.

Weird one...with the exception of today I've seen all his games. To me he seems like a great addition, could do with getting forward more but otherwise has looked composed, with pace and strength.

Pocket rocket
31-01-2015, 10:59 PM
Fryers was poor as Dr my previous comments draw a fair result Derbyshire in my opinion is not a consistent answer for us grenade too slow. It's all about opinions but just back and happy with a point

C_Millers
01-02-2015, 01:40 AM
Fryers and Reece James have offered nothing more than Joe Skarz.

tivoliman415783
01-02-2015, 09:48 AM
friers is decent in defence with his pace and physical attributes. his distribution was very poor yesterday though. Interesting that when hamill came on his distribution massively improved.

Maybe slightly unfair on sammon because ward was on for just a short time but ward looks more a goal threat.

Derbyshire worked well and got his goal - that's what you want from him. Poor offside decision took it away but that's not his fault.

Hunt looks excellent. Sort of in the Tavernier mould as he really can attack and deliver into the box.

Pringle was Pringle really. One or two threatening crosses into the box but didn't offer much more. Seemed reluctant to shoot in the second half too which was strange for him. IMO we looked so much better when hamill was on the pitch. Hamill ran at defenders and got passed them. He was so close to scoring when he curled towards top corner and a couple of great crosses including the assist for the goal.

How we did not get a penalty for the handball I don't

millertop
01-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Why do some fans keep saying Derbyshire is too slow, no pace?

Am I watching the wrong player or what?

PeteWaller
01-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Derbyshire certainly has pace.

I think a point away anywhere is a good point. Home games we need to improve on and I believe we will now.

niamh999
01-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Fryers and Reece James have offered nothing more than Joe Skarz.

Pace for a start skarz is not good enough for the championship thats why hes at oxford did us a job time to move on , i would like fryers to stay i thought he played well against richie for bournmouth he never had a kick

bigburns
01-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Bit harsh on Fryers, although doesn't seem much more than a boggo full-back to me. The worrying thing is we don't have a replacement when he goes back in 2 weeks (?).

I don't think it was Derbyshire who was offside for the goal, but didn't see who was in the commotion.