PDA

View Full Version : Bournemouth

tybfc
06-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Leading 1-0 against Fulham and temporarily top of the league.

tybfc
06-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Make that 0-2

bodge
06-03-2015, 07:39 PM
Simon Francis as usual is impressing tonight.

They've got a real chance.

Bobcloth2
06-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Bournemouth fans are as boring as you would expect them to be.
Relatively loud but every song just sounds dull.

bodge
06-03-2015, 08:16 PM
What the hell was the wall playing at there ?

4-1

royboyclaret
06-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Hard to detect a weakness in this side, not even sure we could live with them at the moment.

Matt Richie should have been on our radar a long time ago.

bodge
06-03-2015, 08:50 PM
Callum Wilson should have been royboy, as me and taio pointed out last Summer. Electric pace and will improve.

Boyd would replicate Ritche's impact in the Championship, should we go down. Plenty of football left yet.

Rumours were that Steve Cook was someone we were looking at, according to a few papers.

They have so many threats that they must be favourites, particularly if Derby wobble.

Bin_Ont_Turf
06-03-2015, 09:03 PM
They've only lost 8 games so far as well.

Bin_Ont_Turf
06-03-2015, 09:10 PM
They may end up being in fourth place by tea time tomorrow.

IanMcL
06-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Close as they are to me, I would not wish to watch them play!

bodge
06-03-2015, 09:33 PM
Aye no fan wants to see a 5 goal thumping away from home at a relegated prem club.

wadesawinger
06-03-2015, 09:39 PM
They were excellent tonight, cracking goals from Pitman and Cook, seen them several times,they may soon swop places with us

thedonz
06-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Very close at the top in the Championship and yes they might be in fourth place tomorrow. But they aren't going away and after a potentially confidence sapping poorish run are bouncing back. That to me is a strong sign of a team that is going to be very close to an automatic promotion place.

daveisaclaret
06-03-2015, 10:20 PM
I really resent Eddie Howe for not indulging our superfans, wish he hadn't been allowed to sign Shackell, Mee, Trippier, Austin, Ings and Vokes and was failing with Bournemouth because they have spent a lot of money. Or something.

Bin_Ont_Turf
06-03-2015, 10:52 PM
'I really resent Eddie Howe for not indulging our superfans, wish he hadn't been allowed to sign Shackell, Mee, Trippier, Austin, Ings and Vokes and was failing with Bournemouth because they have spent a lot of money. Or something'

I really resent our recruitment team, board and chairmen for indulging our super fans, wish our current manager hadn't turned Shackell, Mee, Trippier, Ings and Vokes in to a promotion winning team with the help of Heaton, Jones, Kightly and Barnes. And was failing because he'd spent a lot of money. Or something.

daveisaclaret
06-03-2015, 11:02 PM
What?

solidsilver1862
07-03-2015, 04:02 PM
Doing very well, progress has been made will soon be
another club with a mountain of debt, don t want to wish them bad luck. could have a period of success whether they could continue to do so, only time will tell. Fan growth would have to be done for them to become a second Brighton. Like all seaside clubs fans can only come from the landside of the town or city. Anyway! good luck,to them,

thedonz
07-03-2015, 04:03 PM
Um , not in fourth place this evening

claretblue
07-03-2015, 04:10 PM
quite right donz

http://i61.tinypic.com/2rqmtxj.jpg

ClaretTony2014
07-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Strange results today particularly at Derby.

Nothing like last year now. At this stage a year ago we had 73 points and Leicester had 80. It's a lot tighter this year.

3putt
07-03-2015, 05:05 PM
"Hard to detect a weakness in this side, not even sure we could live with them at the moment."

Presume that statement was a joke or sarcasm?

Considering we have recently gone away and gained deserved draws against Chelsea and Man City and given Man U a footballing lesson at Old Trafford, hardly suggests that we would struggle to live with Bournemouth :-?

BereavementDividend
07-03-2015, 05:07 PM
I'd hardly call a 3-1 defeat a footballing lesson.

3putt
07-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Really?

Presume you didn't see the game or wear massive Red tinted glasses then!

Absolutely outplayed them, particularly in the first half. You don't always get what you deserve in football.

Very strange comment from you if you are a Burnley fan? Even most Man U fans acknowledged that they were outplayed!

stalbansclaret
07-03-2015, 05:19 PM
I was sitting with Man U fans in the Alex Ferguson stand but my neighnour rumbled me as a Burnley fan ,,,probably the surpressed howl of joy I gave when Danny buried the header. At half time he said to me "you must not believe your losing this". Cant really remember seeing us dominate an away game quite as much..I'm still angry about those corners !

ClaretTony2014
07-03-2015, 05:25 PM
"Hard to detect a weakness in this side, not even sure we could live with them at the moment."

Unbelievable comment. Two weeks ago we were getting a brilliant point at Chelsea while Bournemouth were in a run of failing to win any of five league games in Feb.

Talk about taking an opportunity to knock our club. Really is a staggering comment.

3putt
07-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Exactly the point I made in post #21 Claret Tony.

Could not believe the comment when I read it.

thedonz
07-03-2015, 05:37 PM
I don't think the poster was knocking the club, I think his comment has been used by some to beat their chests with dramatic emotion.
Looking at Bournemouth's last 2 games and our last 2 games I definitely would not bet against Bournemouth beating us if we were playing them next.

3putt
07-03-2015, 05:47 PM
"I don't think the poster was knocking the club, I think his comment has been used by some to beat their chests with dramatic emotion.
Looking at Bournemouth's last 2 games and our last 2 games I definitely would not bet against Bournemouth beating us if we were playing them next."

Not sure anybody is beating their chests, but your statement is certainly full of dramatic emotion.

Hardly think 2 games indicates any form. Strangely (presumably to some), I would quite fancy our chances against Bournemouth.

Bin_Ont_Turf
07-03-2015, 05:48 PM
You should go and tell them that thedonz, they'll be very impressed.

If you do want to tell them, make sure that you make it clear who you support... - view external link (tinyurl.com/6aq6mcs)

thedonz
07-03-2015, 05:51 PM
we do have some touchy posters

royboyclaret
07-03-2015, 07:28 PM
"Talk about taking an opportunity to knock our club."

Absolutely staggered by that outburst, nothing could be further from the truth. At least thedonz recognised the post was merely emphasising an impressive performance from Bournemouth.

Suppose it's everything to do with the fact that the poster hates the idea of any success that may come the way of Eddie Howe, someone he's detested from the moment he walked through the door at Turf Moor.

distortiondave
07-03-2015, 08:17 PM
'Talk about taking an opportunity to knock our club. Really is a staggering comment.'

Talk about not knowing who your clientele are.

Akinbadbye_20
07-03-2015, 08:21 PM
'Suppose it's everything to do with the fact that the poster hates the idea of any success that may come the way of Eddie Howe, someone he's detested from the moment he walked through the door at Turf Moor.'

Correct. The success they are having is no shock and if we were to play them at the moment, i think theyd win, doubt we would cope with their midfield.

Not really a put down on us, a lot of Premier league teams would struggle against them. That is a club going places, with an ever increasing fan base, bright future for them

Bin_Ont_Turf
07-03-2015, 08:29 PM
'Not really a put down on us, a lot of Premier league teams would struggle against them'

Absolutely brilliant. :D

The Championship has come on leaps and bounds since last season.

royboyclaret
07-03-2015, 08:31 PM
Find it so hard to understand when impartiality, especially in this case, should be all important.

Why does everything have to be black or white instead of treating each situation on it's merits?

Oh well, file Eddie Howe under Bob Lord, Brendan Flood, Brian Jensen, David Edgar to but a few.

Akinbadbye_20
07-03-2015, 08:33 PM
'The Championship has come on leaps and bounds since last season.'

No theres just a bit more depth in the division this time around.Bournemouth are bound to lose more games in that league than we did with the style of their play, doesn't mean they would be a poorer Premier League team though

Rileybobs
07-03-2015, 08:34 PM
A team that loses most weeks will invariably find it difficult to beat a team that wins most weeks regardless of their respective levels. That said I imagine Bournemouth would find themselves in a similar position to our current one this time next season should they win promotion.

Bin_Ont_Turf
07-03-2015, 08:48 PM
'doesn't mean they would be a poorer Premier League team though'

I'd say that the depth of the Premier League and the huge step up in class would mean that they would be a poorer Premier League team.

I don't mind Eddie Howe and I don't mind Bournemouth (non offensive club to me) but the talk of 'a lot of Premier League teams' struggling against them because they've just won 5-1 away and find themselves top of the division on goal difference, quite hilarious.

Akinbadbye_20
07-03-2015, 08:51 PM
'Oh well, file Eddie Howe under Bob Lord, Brendan Flood, Brian Jensen, David Edgar to but a few'

Don't forget the legend that was Jean Louis Valois!

Akinbadbye_20
07-03-2015, 09:00 PM
'I don't mind Eddie Howe and I don't mind Bournemouth (non offensive club to me) but the talk of 'a lot of Premier League teams' struggling against them because they've just won 5-1 away and find themselves top of the division on goal difference, quite hilarious.'

Nothing to do with the 5-1. They play in a way that not many teams do in this country and I think theyd surprise a few in the top flight. Similar to when Swansea went up under Rogers

Bin_Ont_Turf
07-03-2015, 09:07 PM
Well we've got it down to 'surprise a few' now Akinbadye_20.

Give it a few more posts and I might have you saying 'well I think that they'd beat Leicester'. ;D

dallasclaret
07-03-2015, 10:05 PM
"The Championship has come on leaps and bounds since last season"

Brentford are 4 points off the top, the Championship is garbage this season, the lack of quality is apparent.

If you look how much Leicester have struggled this year (along with us) and they walked it last year, god help the teams that do go up this year !

Bin_Ont_Turf
07-03-2015, 10:24 PM
So you got the sarcasm and the subtle point that I was making then Dallas.

Although I wouldn't go as far as saying that the Championship is garbage this season, just because Brentford are 4 points off the top spot.

However, Bournemouth wouldn't beat us if we played tomorrow. They wouldn't be able to handle our work rate, technical ability and physicality. :)

Akinbadbye_20
08-03-2015, 12:11 AM
'If you look how much Leicester have struggled this year (along with us) and they walked it last year, god help the teams that do go up this year !'

Leicester walking it showed the championship was weak last season, QPR went up and they were absolutely dire. This season there's no standout teams again but there is a stronger depth in the top 6.

' They wouldn't be able to handle our work rate, technical ability and physicality. :)'

Work rate and physicality absolutely but technical ability they beat us in, something a player who had a foot in both camps commented on.

Asked for the secret to Burnley’s success, Stanislas replied: “Hard work and a good team spirit. The manager Sean Dyche used to drill into us about working hard and being together as a team. We had the players in the squad to get success, the key thing was the hard work to go with it. We put it together and got where needed to in the end.

“The way we try to move the ball here gives us that extra level of energy becaus

Bin_Ont_Turf
08-03-2015, 12:42 AM
Well I'm convinced by an interview with a player who has joined a new club.

He wasn't a starter in our inferior quality wise side, just like hasn't been at first class Bournemouth.

3putt
08-03-2015, 10:02 AM
Exactly BOT, Stan wasn't good enough to secure a regular place with us in the Championship.

With the view of some on here, watch out the Prem, Bournemouth are coming to get yer X-D

sheffieldturfite
08-03-2015, 03:28 PM
As can be seen from the points tallies and games lost, nobody will come close to us or Leicester of last season. That to me says that is a very average division and gives me reassurance that if we go down, we will come back up, as long as we replace Danny.

For Bournemouth, Eddie has done very well, but I remain unconvinced that their style works against a high quality pressing team like us. Even Liverpool press well as we found out. Stan's words quoted above are of course a bit cheeky, and while Bournemouth have some good players, they have nobody of the quality of Ings and Vokes, or indeed Shackell and Trippier.