PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain how away ticket allocations work?

JASONSUPERCLARETS
07-03-2015, 07:10 AM
Been to most away games again this season but just wondering why there were only 1500 there on Wednesday. Did BFC only ask for that amount - surely we could have trebled that support. Have to say though fantastic ground Anfield and they know how to look after away supporters.

hargy1296
07-03-2015, 08:18 AM
My bro tells me that apparently we have to buy away tickets in "blocks" of say 1000. So, for instance, Liverpool might let us have 1500 but if we want any more we have to buy an extra 1000, if we then only sell 300 we still have to pay for the other unsold 700.

loyalclaret
07-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Fantastic ground?

Tiny concourse, terrible views from the back of the away end and because of opposition (us) a poor atmosphere. The only good thing this year was the stewards were not as hard line as in the past.

wherewasi
07-03-2015, 09:49 AM
Agree. A very poor ground to visit. Not a city / populus I have much time for either and their famous atmosphere is like a unicorn; well-known but non-existent. However, would say the ground staff / stewards I came into contact with on Wedenesday were pretty good with a light touch and friendly attitude.

RammyClaret61
07-03-2015, 09:54 AM
One of the worst grounds. Cramped seats, no leg room at all, not even much room to pass people to actually get to your seat. If Turf Moor had the same size seats, our capacity would be nearer 40,000 than what it is. Also Concourse the size of a postage stamp.

And 3.30 for a pie!!

ClaretTony2014
07-03-2015, 01:40 PM
I've spoken to someone this morning who was left with the severely restricted seats and said he wouldn't have gone had he known he'd only be able to see half of the pitch due to people stood in front of him making it even worse.

Burnley FC had a major problem with this game. To get a bigger allocation we had to confirm by 13th Feb. So we put the tickets on sale early but the sales were so poor there was no justification for taking the next allocation.

Had we been in a position to take them, the selling order rules were clear that we could not go into that second allocation until all the severely restricted view tickets from the initially allocation had been sold.

Premier League rules on selling orders for tickets are very strict. It's a ridiculous situation that often leaves those who buy first with the worst seats.

claretblue
07-03-2015, 01:53 PM
'...And 3.30 for a pie!!...'

that's 30p more than we spent on players! >:(

:D

BriscoCountyJr
07-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Although I can't comment on the restricted view (I got lucky with a decent seat) I have to say the stewarding was excellent and friendly.

longsider_turf
07-03-2015, 02:26 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2w4bb77.jpg

My view on the back row (row 35).
Stood on the stairs a few rows down in the second half which was a lot better!

IanMcL
08-03-2015, 10:02 AM
That's a view with no goals!