PDA

View Full Version : Cisse & Evans Banned

tybfc
07-03-2015, 09:13 AM
Both pick up 6 game bans for their spitting at each other as Evans innocence plea is overturned.

mkmel
07-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Shouldn't Evans have got a longer ban for denying the offence whereas Cisse has the same punishment even though he admitted spitting.

mgill87
07-03-2015, 11:03 AM
I do think Evans should have received a longer ban for denying it. Anyway, 6 games seems fair.

Edit - BBC says Cisse has a 7 game ban and Evans just 6. Can't understand that one.

BriscoCountyJr
07-03-2015, 11:15 AM
6 games is the FIFA mandated minimum. (Only 5 for racism, BTW.)

Guardian says Cisse gets an extra match due to an earlier sending off this season.

Squarepusher
07-03-2015, 11:22 AM
No idea how Evans even had the gall to deny it.

ClaretTony2014
07-03-2015, 02:09 PM
"Guardian says Cisse gets an extra match due to an earlier sending off this season."

That's standard. You get an extra game if it is your second red in a season. I know he wasn't sent off here but it is equivalent to a red.

I'm not sure where Evans was coming from to be honest trying to deny it.

Still it all gave Merson and co the chance to have a go at Barnes again. They were suggesting spitting should be no worse than other things and looked at (what they said).

Spitting - six games
Elbowing (Jedinak) - three games
Studs in shin tackle (Barnes) - no games

All these three were reviewed from the footage.

bobinho
07-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Am I the only person to have seen the TV footage of these events????

Evans certainly spat, and certainly it was in the direction of Cisse, but it clearly missed him, and by a big enough distance for it to be deemed not spitting `at`.

Cisse spat at Evans. Point blank range and i'm surprised he wasn't dropped where he stood. I'm with Johnathan Walters on this...