PDA

View Full Version : Danny and Manchester United

royboyclaret
08-03-2015, 10:29 AM
Old Trafford is the destination in a few weeks time.

Makes you wonder, if he'd signed a contract with us in last August, the extent of the auction at the end of the season.

Disappointment for the blue half of Manchester, Brendan Rodgers and a number of European clubs.

Sidney1st
08-03-2015, 10:41 AM
I did read today that UTD have been watching him.

We could get approx 5million according to the article.

Nothing confirmed yet though is there ?

royboyclaret
08-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Pretty much Sidney.

Sidney1st
08-03-2015, 10:54 AM
I'd settle for 5 million from a tribunal.

It's amusing he could be replacing Falcao XD

NumptyWatch
08-03-2015, 10:59 AM
"We could get approx 5million according to the article."

Minus a least 15% to Bournemouth

Pieandapint
08-03-2015, 11:28 AM
I hope he's making the right choice for his career / development. I'm not sure United is that right choice now. Maybe if it had been Ferguson in charge, but now with LVG and their apparent spend spend spend approach, will Danny get the time and develop he will need?

As Royboy said, it would have been an interesting and lucrative bidding war, had Danny signed a contract. Do we get a future sell on as part of any compensation?

scamander
08-03-2015, 11:33 AM
Pieandpint,

Good point, LGV seems to favour the ready made players, not those who are years off their peak. Perhaps the old practice of buying someone to stop another club from doing so.

I wish Danny well and it's a near impossible situation for any of us to imagine the decision. Someone's offering you a contract which will make you for life (bearing in mind you've had two serious knee injuries) or do you go with less money but more game time?

claret78
08-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Let's get one thing right, any contract he signs with any club will set him up for life- even the one we offer him.

Imploding Turtle
08-03-2015, 12:16 PM
He'll already be set for life. Even if he gets a career-ending injury from Ashley Barnes in training he'll be insured up the yazoo and that will pay out.

Quattro
08-03-2015, 01:37 PM
For Ings to move to United, City or Liverpool at this stage of his career would be a big mistake career-wise, but not salary wise - he'll easily be drawing 35k per week at any of these clubs.

In my opinion, he'd be better-off opting for one of the "safe" clubs - a club who won't be guaranteed a top-four spot, but won't be relegated...Southampton or Everton would be an ideal platform in my eyes because they would provide him with the stage to perform on and show he can do it in the league, and potentially in Europe. This, in my eyes, would be the idea stepping stone and natural progression.

However, I do fear that a greedy advisor will give him a nudge in a certain direction, because it'll earn him the most money.

What Danny decides, I genuinely wish him the best of luck because he was key in Burnley having this season in the Premier League, and he is a genuinely down to earth lad who has time for the fans.

claret78
08-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Do you not mean he's key for us spending next season in the Premier League too or have we completely chucked the towel in?

BURNLEY2014
08-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Danny Ings given the chance will score 20 + goals in a season in any of the teams mentioned above.

BriscoCountyJr
08-03-2015, 02:59 PM
The most sensible move for Ings is to Liverpool - he fits their system and style. A United, Chelsea or City might pay more but he'll be stuck on the bench for 90% of the season. (Why would United want him when there is Wilson trying to break through?)

Talk of who he plays for next year isn't defeatist. He can earn 60k a week at another club, and not only can Clarets not afford that even in the Premier League, they shouldn't pay it. And I don't begrudge him that sort of money - he's earned the right to cash in.

The only way he's going to be in a Clarets shirt next season is if we stay up, someone else buys him and loans him back for a season. And good luck to him.

The Bedlington Terrier
08-03-2015, 03:03 PM
Still cannot understand his reasoning for not signing an extension with us.
Repaid us with exactly nothing for giving him his big break.
Rhymes with banker.

taio
08-03-2015, 03:10 PM
The reason he hasn't signed an extension is because he has fulfilled his contract with us and wants to move to a bigger club. The notion that he has repaid us with nothing is ludicrous given he played such an important role in getting us promoted. Referring to him as a w****r is just plain wrong.

IanMcL
08-03-2015, 03:15 PM
The lad would do well to sign a lucrative deal with Burnley and be a big fish for Burnley and play for England on his day off.

However, agents talk and if it does come down to money, he will be getting a bigger offering elsewhere but maybe not as many games.

Depends what he wants.

Good luck to him, whatever he decides. He continues to do his best for us and that is all we can ask.

BriscoCountyJr
08-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Hell, if someone offered me five times the wages for half of the workload, I'd be off like a shot.

titsoutforthelads2
08-03-2015, 04:13 PM
Not only is Claret13552 a loser, but by the comment above,a jealous loser to boot.

claretcanada
08-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Danny has been a loyal and valuable servant of the club, while all fans would love him to stay with us we cannot fault him for wanting to further his career by going to a bigger club where his wages will drastically increase.
I wish him well and hope that he gets the playing time and experience he deserves.

Imploding Turtle
08-03-2015, 05:28 PM
I'm disgusted, absolutely disgusted, that a man in his early 20s and working in an industry where you can be forced to retire your profession in your mid-30s, is thinking about what is best for his career and/or financial standing.

DobsonThomasSteven
08-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Sarcasm makes your bellend shrivel up.

feej72
08-03-2015, 07:07 PM
He fits LGVs dossiers on playing in a long ball system.

ClaretTony2014
08-03-2015, 07:10 PM
"Still cannot understand his reasoning for not signing an extension with us."

Doesn't take much working out. As a free agent he will be able to secure himself a better deal.

"Repaid us with exactly nothing for giving him his big break."

I would think his goals last season were fantastic repayment. They helped us to get a season in the Premier League. And who knows, he might just get some more to keep us in.

"Rhymes with banker."

Don't talk about yourself.

Akinbadbye_20
08-03-2015, 08:07 PM
got this at 9/1 on Skybet so hope its true