PDA

View Full Version : Watford fan critical after attack at Wolves

wherewasi
08-03-2015, 11:19 PM
Hope he pulls through OK. Not a good weekend for the public perception of West Midlands fans.

Can't say I've felt threatened by Wolves fans walking back to the station in recent years although the town centre itself is a scary place as soon as the shop shutters start to go down - mostly given over to "feral youths".

ClaretTony2014
08-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Seen quite a few incidents there and was never pleasant walking back to the coaches after the game

ColinBlant
08-03-2015, 11:54 PM
Same here, several times

CaptJohn
09-03-2015, 04:11 AM
Unfortunately I've had bad experiences at Wolves, West Brom and Brum. I don't go to any of those grounds any more.

The Bedlington Terrier
09-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Hate to say it but there is a rather bad element at all of the West Midlands clubs.
They each seem to have a mindless minority of opposing idiots. Had a rather nasty experience at Walsall with half a dozen horrible gob****es. Must be something in the air?
Absolutely no room for this mindless hooliganism in these enlightened times. Hope the lad pulls through and the perpetrator is caught and jailed for life.

SethHowarthsHair
09-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Cant say I have very high opinions of the west midlands police and stewards to be honest.

cockneyclaret
09-03-2015, 09:23 AM
I remember years back on my first trip there when we had a player sent off straight away (was it ball?)
Left 10 mins early to get a train as we weren't doing nowt on the pitch.
Out of the away end to be greeted by a mob of 20-30 friendly looking chaps in the subway.
Needless to say we walked the long way round and missed the early train! But probably saved us from a guaranteed pasting!

cricketfield72
09-03-2015, 09:44 AM
These days there's a different, more friendly, feel around Molineux, but back in the 80's, the coaches used to drop off a way away from the stadium and the walk to it and back again was certainly one of the more unpleasant experiences with gangs of pretty rough looking customers waiting round every street corner. I seem to also recall needing to use an underpass, but I could be wrong on that.
Unfortunately, it only takes one idiot to cause something like this, in my experience, and I know a few Wolves fans through work, like any club the vast majority are sound football fans who just get on with supporting their club.
Hope the victim of the attack pulls through.

mkmel
09-03-2015, 02:32 PM
I can remember a few years ago a steward at Walsall behind the goal punching one of our supporters in the stomach and then running off up the other end of the pitch

Wembley09
09-03-2015, 02:44 PM
It was abit tense leaving Molinuex a couple of years ago, after we effectively relegated them to League One.

Some very agressive Wolves fans pushing through the middle of Burnley fans, looking for trouble. I put it down to the anger of relegation that day, but maybe it's the norm down there...

Also the same game they invaded the pitch, fought with stewards and ripped their own nets up.

loyalclaret
09-03-2015, 07:53 PM
On the street next to the coach car park, where mentioned earlier- there's been lots of trouble over the years with our games.

Bin_Ont_Turf
09-03-2015, 08:01 PM
It used to be second only to Brum from that area for being a dodgy one.

It sounds like there was little police presence about around the ground. Maybe they were all at Villa.

ClaretTony2014
09-03-2015, 09:05 PM
"I remember years back on my first trip there when we had a player sent off straight away (was it ball?)"

Paul Cook it was in 2002/03 season.Sent off very early for a foul on Alex Rae.

"It sounds like there was little police presence about around the ground."

It had been designated a police free fixture.

Bin_Ont_Turf
09-03-2015, 09:19 PM
'It had been designated a police free fixture'

They're absolutely mental whoever comes up with that crap.

dougcollins
09-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Indeed - but the police cause the problem with what they charge the clubs.

Steve_Harpers_Perm
09-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Was trouble at our last police free match against Middlesbrough last season.

As said above all comes down to money.

Wembley09
09-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Always remember our last visit to Highfield Road against Coventry. 2004/2005 ish I think.

It was a police free game, because apparently there was no trouble in the past when Burnley played there.. so they decided not to bother with police.

Low and behold, on the way away from the ground a brick was thrown through our coach window. Which led to some Burnley fans getting off the coach and chasing the lads who threw the brick.

No police at football is asking for trouble, the small minority always show their head the first chance they get.

SussexDon1
10-03-2015, 08:00 AM
I donated to this, its now up to 17,000 raised by decent supporters.

I hope they catch the ****

This could have been any of us.

UTC - view external link (http://www.gofundme.com/o8itrk)

abbobrom
10-03-2015, 09:49 AM
One of our posters witnessed the attack by this mindless group of yobs. He said that they were not wearing any football related clothing, and had their faces covered with scarves.

As I walked away from Molineux on Saturday I passed this group who were sitting on a wall appearing to be waiting to cause trouble. The general consensus is, that they hadn't even been to the game.

All on our board wish the guy well and we have reported our sightings to the police. There is no place for this behavior in society, never mind football.

IanMcL
10-03-2015, 10:39 AM
I can remember queuing to get in at the turnstile and being abused by the police officer standing alongside. Telling us all to queue straight and keep still via some choice words. The queue was long and they were slow getting us all in the one turnstile.

On another visit - the police free day - I thought how calm and pleasant it was to just wander up and get in and wander back to the car without any fuss at all.

loyalclaret
10-03-2015, 04:14 PM
The night match in 2003/2004 was also a police free match down there, that didn't end well either.

ClaretTony2014
10-03-2015, 04:23 PM
"The general consensus is, that they hadn't even been to the game."

It's so often the case - and was with the disturbance after our home game against Southampton.

It's sickening to see this sort of thing happening, it really is. Of most importance is that the Watford fan pulls through this, secondly that they get those responsible for it.

abbobrom
12-03-2015, 07:33 PM
The police have now obtained cctv images of the incident and one eighteen year old has been arrested and released on bail.

The net is closing in on these low life ****.