PDA

View Full Version : Not trying to be negative but...

DolceBFC
09-03-2015, 07:29 PM
I am starting to think we will be relegated and it's a real shame as the players have tried hard and done well in most games! The non backing of the manager in the transfer market looks to have done us.

So, with this in mind, out of the current squad, who do you think we would be at risk of losing when we go down? If we can keep the core of this squad together i think we could have a real go at bouncing back up.

ets
09-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Let's hold on and see if the fat lady sings first me thinks.

10 FA Cup Finals to go!

UTC!

Sidney1st
09-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Ings is the only player out of contract in the summer.

The most important person to keep hold of is Dyche.

If he stays then so will the players, it's that simple.

Bin_Ont_Turf
09-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Lets see if I can save about half dozen posters on here the trouble of logging in, replying to this thread and being utterly repetitive.

Recruitment team (Clarets Mad 2015 buzz phrase)
Dorrans
Dry Powder
Centre Midfielder
I'm not saying bet the ranch
A like for Clareturion
Juke and Sordell
Beer tastes on Champagne money
January
Brian Laws

Edit - Brian Laws not Brain Laws :)

taio
09-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Marney, Duff, Wallace and Reid are out of contract.

If we do go down I'm sure one or two others would attract interest. The obvious being Trippier, Shackell and possibly Vokes, especially if Bournemouth get promoted!

Sidney1st
09-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Marney is the only one worth keeping from that bunch.

Duff and Reid are ready for the knackers yard.

Wallace - time to replace him with younger, fresher legs.

taio
09-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Duff hasn't looked ready for the knackers yard when I've seen him this season.

daveisaclaret
09-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Even though we've got better players, I'd be surprised if things don't go similar to last time in this regard. Ings leaves this summer obviously, but I'd expect us to be able to hold on to the rest for one Championship season and lose them after that if we're still in the Championship in summer 2016.

Resign Marney and Duff, obviously.

Everyone under contract for next season is either really good or someone Dyche rates even though they don't seem really good, btw. That's nice

Sidney1st
09-03-2015, 08:03 PM
I'd still move him on, either into a defensive coaching role or too another club.

Means Kevin Long could actually get some match time,when he recovers from his knee injury , or get another younger defender in.

Hurley Burnley
10-03-2015, 12:21 AM
Ings is obviously gone regardless of whether Burnley stay up or not.

Trippier will get snapped up by a Premier League club for sure. George Boyd is good enough for the PL but may or may not get bought by another team if ye go down.

I fancy Heaton to be a very good back up for a PL club, and possibly Dean Marney as a depth midfielder for a mid-table club like Stoke or Newcastle looking for some midfield cover should injuries hit.

A terrible shame that the board did not choose to invest in another central midfielder and a proper left-back. It will hurt especially bad over the next few matches. If Burnley can get three points out of the next four matches I will be very surprised.

ChorltonCharlie
10-03-2015, 06:26 AM
Bin_Ont_Turf, you've missed a couple of my favourites. You know, the ones that show who got word of the day bog roll for Christmas...

ineptitude on a grand scale
gross negligence

claretblue
10-03-2015, 06:38 AM
Not trying hard enough Dolce!

:(

UTC

buxtonclaret
10-03-2015, 07:33 AM
And no mention of corners yet.

Boliclaret
10-03-2015, 07:57 AM
And not going to ground easy. We've only had two pens all season, Vokesy are you listening?

blackburnturfite
10-03-2015, 09:13 AM
Good Post, Not trying to be Negative, but i am going to be Negative,well its not exactly being Positive.;D

ClaretTony2014
10-03-2015, 03:52 PM
"I'd still move him on, either into a defensive coaching role or too another club.

Means Kevin Long could actually get some match time,when he recovers from his knee injury"

That would be good - moving on a good player just to get someone else some game time.