PDA

View Full Version : Stevie May Coming Up for Grabs if this Comes off

PeteWaller
10-03-2015, 10:40 AM
That's if we want him of course. - view external link (http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-set-to-make-12m-bid-for-blackburn-rovers-striker/)

jolly_roger
10-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Hmmm...Rhodes?

I thought they would aim higher than that.

As for May, I reckon he would suit our "in your face" style very well.

He would have to smarten up though to pass Brins "scruff" test

scum_triumphant
10-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Jordan Rhodes is streets ahead of any striker that Wednesday have at the minute.

12 million is far too much for him in my opinion. This could be wishful thinking because Jordan Rhodes' Dad played for Wednesday.

gwru
10-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Stevie May seen him on TV a few times. He's got that touch were he can make himself a chance. Grey as got right, don't think he'll be there next season. SE & May is a match made in heaven. SE would be good for May. Love to see it happen.

Rhodes, let them waist there money. Think he's peaked. Who wants him is it Chairman. Managers job to chose players to bring in.

cacman
10-03-2015, 11:34 AM
would we pay what they want as they are sure to inflate his price

PeteWaller
10-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Chatting to Braggy on their board and he thinks it's just paper talk. Seems Norwich and Derby though are interested in taking him on loan.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could ...

Never mind, I still like the get in ya face, never say die footy we can deliver.

UTM

uttis
10-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Thought he was going to Forest?

millmoormagic
10-03-2015, 02:37 PM
It seems some of you have forgotten that the greedy bar steward wouldn't sign for us, don't want him, don't need him, let him sit in the reserves at snortsville.

As for the Snorters paying 12 million for Rhodes? would be an utter waste of cash that, so yeh, go for it!

sam11
10-03-2015, 03:11 PM
They're not rich enough, or daft enough, to spend 12 million on a striker. And Jordan Rhodes is worth half that, tops.

LesHiboux
10-03-2015, 03:18 PM
I actually think that May would be a good signing for the club, and with patience I think he could go on to do well for the Millers. The problem that he and the other strikers have had here is that they've had little or no service; I should know, I've seen it. I still think that with the right supply he'd get goals at this level. Chansiri must have more money than sense if he pays 12 million for Rhodes, but these foreign owners often do that sort of thing. Wickham would be my first choice, and he makes and scores them for himself. OK, I'm happy that there's investment now, but I do worry that a lack of footballing nous could derail us, unless Mandy is still advising behind the scenes. Chansiri is a man in a hurry, and what is certain is that for the Owls to get promoted within the next two seasons it's going to take enormous spending, the like of which we've not seen at the club since the 1990s. I'll never forgive the club for paying 2.5 million for Sinton back in '93, just because he

millmoormagic
10-03-2015, 03:28 PM
[quote="LesHiboux"]I actually think that May would be a good signing for the club, and with patience I think he could go on to do well for the Millers. The problem that he and the other strikers have had here is that they've had little or no service; I should know, I've seen it. I still think that with the right supply he'd get goals at this level. Chansiri must have more money than sense if he pays 12 million for Rhodes, but these foreign owners often do that sort of thing. Wickham would be my first choice, and he makes and scores them for himself. OK, I'm happy that there's investment now, but I do worry that a lack of footballing nous could derail us, unless Mandy is still advising behind the scenes. Chansiri is a man in a hurry, and what is certain is that for the Owls to get promoted within the next two seasons it's going to take enormous spending, the like of which we've not seen at the club since the 1990s. I'll never forgive the club for paying 2.5

sam11
10-03-2015, 03:46 PM
[quote="LesHiboux"]I actually think that May would be a good signing for the club, and with patience I think he could go on to do well for the Millers. The problem that he and the other strikers have had here is that they've had little or no service; I should know, I've seen it. I still think that with the right supply he'd get goals at this level. Chansiri must have more money than sense if he pays 12 million for Rhodes, but these foreign owners often do that sort of thing. Wickham would be my first choice, and he makes and scores them for himself. OK, I'm happy that there's investment now, but I do worry that a lack of footballing nous could derail us, unless Mandy is still advising behind the scenes. Chansiri is a man in a hurry, and what is certain is that for the Owls to get promoted within the next two seasons it's going to take enormous spending, the like of which we've not seen at the club since the 1990s. I'll never forgive the club for paying 2.5

dalemiller
10-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Sam11 has beat me to it was just going to reply with a simular posting . The new F.F.P rules will really sort some clubs out .

Millerboy08
10-03-2015, 05:49 PM
We don't want him!

Brin
10-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Hmmm...Rhodes?

I thought they would aim higher than that.

As for May, I reckon he would suit our "in your face" style very well.

He would have to smarten up though to pass Brins "scruff" test

If he signed I'd have a quiet word with him...;D

millavanilla
10-03-2015, 08:04 PM
So hes not good enough for the massive who are 9 points in front of us, but he'll be ok for us@*#.. well footballs a funny game and maybe we'll never know..and i hope we dont try to ever know either...

LesHiboux
10-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Someone who is an accountant explained to me the other day how the FFP rules are flouted, and how Chansiri probably will do it. But I don't understand it, and I was always an absolute duffer at that kind of thing. But I argued that whether he can or whether he should are two totally different things. That transfer deadline day "spectacular" on Sky in January made me feel sick, and it's not good to see Owls fans who previously cheered on FFP when the club was skint now openly discuss ways to circumvent the rules now the club has money again. Chansiri has made his first mistake, in my view, because he's set a time limit. Football doesn't work that way. OK, at Rotherham success has happened rapidly, but Stewart didn't set deadlines. Anyone who knows anything about this game knows that you can't just spend a king's ransom on players and then expect it just to click. It's not like buying plant for a building firm, or a new printer for an office.

Ericsladkilnhurst
10-03-2015, 08:22 PM
The news was if Blackburn were knocked out of the cup, then Rhodes was going to Derby County on loan, to help give them a promotion push.
Derby County are after automatic promotion, after suffering in the play off last season.

I wouldn't like May coming to NYS, let Wednesday keep him as a miss-hit gamble, who they paid big money for.

There will be a host of players up for grabs, at the end of the season, when clubs start the cull of players.
The premier teams coming down,will find a big difference even with their parachute payments, when they try to balance the books, so will off load players, after the mega bucks they have skimmed off in the premier.

Brin
10-03-2015, 08:25 PM
[quote="LesHiboux" on Sky in January made me feel sick, and it's not good to see Owls fans who previously cheered on FFP when the club was skint now openly discuss ways to circumvent the rules now the club has money again. Chansiri has made his first mistake, in my view, because he's set a time limit. Football doesn't work that way. OK, at Rotherham success has happened rapidly, but Stewart didn't set deadlines. Anyone who knows anything about this game knows that you can't just spend a king's ransom on players and then expect it just to click. It's not like buying plant for a building firm, or a new printer for an office

LesHiboux
10-03-2015, 08:29 PM
I didn't mean it that way, Milla. What I meant was that with the right service I think he'll score you goals. Obviously Evo thought that too, or he wouldn't have been interested in the first place. I think May is the kind of player that you develop as the club develops, and that's no bad thing. Players like Wickham and Rhodes are the kind of players you sign if you want it yesterday, but it doesn't work like that. It's not about players been good enough for one club, and not good enough for another. For the record, I don't want the Owls to sign Rhodes, but hey what do fans' opinions count for these days?

Casper64Frank
10-03-2015, 08:44 PM
Having seen the lad a few times I would take him on loan.We have a better midfield than the Owls so May would suit our style of play.

Just hand him over to Paul Warne to work his magic

He`s been on the bench recently so if he`s not in Grays plans then go for him.

Not sure how he would cope playing on grass rather than the mud heap at Hillsbro`

Ericsladkilnhurst
10-03-2015, 09:37 PM
Having seen the lad a few times I would take him on loan.We have a better midfield than the Owls so May would suit our style of play.

Just hand him over to Paul Warne to work his magic

He`s been on the bench recently so if he`s not in Grays plans then go for him.

Not sure how he would cope playing on grass rather than the mud heap at Hillsbro`

Mud heap translates to Pig Sh*t !

LesHiboux
10-03-2015, 10:43 PM
Yes, so it's not just me, thee and Evans that can see May's potential. I don't want him to go, but this is a Millers board, not an Owls one, so we're discussing what's best for Rotherham. I think you make a good point which most Owls seem to have missed, and that is who wants Rhodes exactly? The chairman or Gray? Gray would sign Wickham, I'm 110% sure of that, unless he's planning on going for both of them. Lol. The world's gone mad. Rhodes scored right under Chansiri's nose last week too, so he saw him first hand. There are a few exalted strikers who would score for anyone, in any circumstances, service or no service. We had one called Di Canio, but unless you've got 30 million burning a hole in your pocket forget players like that. We've not seen the best of May yet, and as I've said on these pages before I think he made a mistake coming to Hillsborough. If you're a striker, the last thing you want when you come to a new club, in a new country, playing at a higher level, is play on

LesHiboux
10-03-2015, 10:59 PM
Lol, it's a serious point. If you paid 12 million for a striker you wouldn't dare play him on that pitch. He'd be safer in Hillsborough Park. Lol.

braggyowl
11-03-2015, 12:36 AM
[quote="millmoormagic"]I actually think that May would be a good signing for the club, and with patience I think he could go on to do well for the Millers. The problem that he and the other strikers have had here is that they've had little or no service; I should know, I've seen it. I still think that with the right supply he'd get goals at this level. Chansiri must have more money than sense if he pays 12 million for Rhodes, but these foreign owners often do that sort of thing. Wickham would be my first choice, and he makes and scores them for himself. OK, I'm happy that there's investment now, but I do worry that a lack of footballing nous could derail us, unless Mandy is still advising behind the scenes. Chansiri is a man in a hurry, and what is certain is that for the Owls to get promoted within the next two seasons it's going to take enormous spending, the like of which we've not seen at the club since the

millmoormagic
11-03-2015, 07:05 AM
[quote="braggyowl"]I actually think that May would be a good signing for the club, and with patience I think he could go on to do well for the Millers. The problem that he and the other strikers have had here is that they've had little or no service; I should know, I've seen it. I still think that with the right supply he'd get goals at this level. Chansiri must have more money than sense if he pays 12 million for Rhodes, but these foreign owners often do that sort of thing. Wickham would be my first choice, and he makes and scores them for himself. OK, I'm happy that there's investment now, but I do worry that a lack of footballing nous could derail us, unless Mandy is still advising behind the scenes. Chansiri is a man in a hurry, and what is certain is that for the Owls to get promoted within the next two seasons it's going to take enormous spending, the lik

gm_gm
11-03-2015, 07:31 AM
[quote="millmoormagic"]I actually think that May would be a good signing for the club, and with patience I think he could go on to do well for the Millers. The problem that he and the other strikers have had here is that they've had little or no service; I should know, I've seen it. I still think that with the right supply he'd get goals at this level. Chansiri must have more money than sense if he pays 12 million for Rhodes, but these foreign owners often do that sort of thing. Wickham would be my first choice, and he makes and scores them for himself. OK, I'm happy that there's investment now, but I do worry that a lack of footballing nous could derail us, unless Mandy is still advising behind the scenes. Chansiri is a man in a hurry, and what is certain is that for the Owls to get promoted within the next two se