PDA

View Full Version : OT: Garden Landscaping

Claretforever
10-03-2015, 04:11 PM
Im looking for a bit of help and advice. Not being the green fingered type, but wanting a nice garden area to look at and for the little one to spend time in, I'm looking to have a makeover of my garden. I've got my heart set on artificial turf as there appears to be some good stuff out there now (???) and I would like my little one to be able to play in it more than during the traditional British summertime (June-August).

Also looking for some earth moved and the missus wants some decking.

Can any recommend someone decent, who is likely to have experience of working with this artificial stuff, as they'll have had to have been trained on fitting it I think. Have any of you guys any experiences with it (the more recent stuff, not the AstroTurf stuff from years about)?

Also have to be trustworthy as I want them to turn up when they say they're going to do, and not drag it on for weeks on end. I've had experience of that before and don't want it again.

Thanks in advance of any replie

Imploding Turtle
10-03-2015, 04:22 PM
Is this different to landscape gardening?

spadesclaret
10-03-2015, 05:08 PM
I can thoroughly recommend artificial turf. We had ours laid last year. It's good to look at, good feel underfoot, and so easy to look after.

Unfortunately, our landscapers don't travel far out of Norfolk :)

http://i61.tinypic.com/avo4yr.jpg

Leyland_Claret
10-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Can't recommend anyone in the Burnley area but I would recommend don't get decking. It is lethal when wet underfoot (most of the time!) and you'll regret it in the end.

Claretforever
10-03-2015, 05:38 PM
That looks really good, Spades. B)

Leyland, the decking is not my idea, and not something I agree with AT ALL. My missus wants it, despite my protests as I want Indian paving. I know she'll regret it within a couple of years but she won't be told. :(

I'm sure it'll look good when it's completed.

Leyland_Claret
10-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Decking when it's wet is like black ice!! My decking is currently in lovely 6" square pieces boxed up ready for burning!! Can't beat a bit of Indian Stone and that is currently in situ in my back garden and I'm delighted.

GordonvaleClaret
10-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Nice phallus looking path there spades. It gives a whole new meaning to "come to tea".

CardyTheClaret
10-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Plastic decking is the answer. Performs and looks better than timber.

whittyclaretandblue
11-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Durkin Premier Landscapes LTD. local reliable and excellent at what they do. search for them on FB for pictures of their work - view external link (www.********.com/pages/Durkin-Premier-Landscapes-LTD/175505375816652)

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 06:16 PM
If you post p*rnhub links they get censored out. Use bit.ly

whittyclaretandblue
11-03-2015, 06:20 PM
No I refuse

Claretforever
11-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Thanks Witty, but someone from Durkin Landscapes has been, and although he sounded professional and thorough, he hasn't returned with a quote, almost two weeks after he'd said it would be 2-3 days! If they can't turn up with a basic quote then what are they going to be like if they get the job? I need someone who is reliable really as I don't want it dragging on.

Thanks anyway.

schoey1
12-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Try smbennetcreations.co.uk Scott did a great job for me a couple of years ago and has been put forward for awards sponsored by Marshalls, which he won by the way. He is a great lad and if he tells you he will be there he will be. Plenty of of his work on his web page go look see you will not be dissapointed