stevie_thunder
10-03-2015, 06:48 PM
By his neck, by any chance?

dougcollins
10-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Hopefully.

Imploding Turtle
10-03-2015, 07:02 PM
I'll be gutted if Top Gear is ruined by him getting fired, but he'll be the only person to blame.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-03-2015, 07:10 PM
What's he done now?

Imploding Turtle
10-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Had a fight with a producer.

karenbodge
10-03-2015, 07:18 PM
Wearing dad jeans, it's a suspendable (sic) offence.

distortiondave
10-03-2015, 07:23 PM
'Had a fight with a producer.'

Gene Wilder?

Bin_Ont_Turf
10-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Some say, that his hair is the same texture as steel wool.

And on that bombshell, goodnight.

Imploding Turtle
10-03-2015, 07:49 PM
Wonder what happens if you hook his hair up to a 9v battery.

Boliclaret
10-03-2015, 08:13 PM
Top Gear was good but these days its as bad as Clarksons dress sense.

Its now running on empty, best to write it off.

yesTHATironingboard
10-03-2015, 08:57 PM
the reliance on fake jeopardy led me to stop watching years ago.

i wouldn't be surprised if he goes to sky or to america for megabucks.

al murray's pub landlord is much funnier anyway.

SandbachBFC
10-03-2015, 09:39 PM
I'd be highly surprised to see him come back from yet another FWW and then this. The Boot beckons...and then onto Sky / chat show care home, for even better money?

Fashion crimes aside, is this;

1) The end of a totally odious un-PC 70/80's bloke from Top Gear?
2) The slow, slow death of very funny risque humour?

CnBtruntru
10-03-2015, 09:58 PM
He has loads of brass he will be ok, don't worry about him

aggi
11-03-2015, 12:18 AM
Given the amount of money that Top Gear makes for BBCW I can't imagine they'll be that keen to get rid of him.

yesTHATironingboard
11-03-2015, 05:40 AM
it would seem like double standards not to sack him considering that they hung russell brand and jonathan ross out to dry.

i reckon he'll just resign with some sort of parting shot at the bbc.

Boliclaret
11-03-2015, 06:08 AM
I can see him doing a show on sky with Stuart Maconie, like a 70's tribute type thing.

Conversations along the lines of 'Supertramp send a shiver down my spine and after the break I'll be telling you about when I saw the Doobie Brothers'

wherewasi
11-03-2015, 06:18 AM
His 'mate', James May suggests on Twitter that the BBC should show '633 Squadron' instead, 'coincidentally' the only mainstream film/programme in which the word 'nigger' can be heard. What a laugh he is! Seriously, hanging is too good for them.

GordonvaleClaret
11-03-2015, 06:23 AM
not to mention "The Dam Busters".

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 06:52 AM
Funny how the "PC gone mad" lot abandon that line of non-reason when it's about attacking someone they dislike.

Boliclaret
11-03-2015, 06:58 AM
Indeed, 'WE' fought fascism to enable free speech and democracy but nowadays in a globilised world if you call a wog a coon you lose your job!

Er.. its political correctness gone mad or something like that. :zzz:

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 07:28 AM
I don't think there's nothing inherently wrong with firing someone for using racist language either because the job requires the approval and acceptance of the public, or where hiring a racist is bad for business, or just because a boss doesn't want to continue to hire a*****. As long as saying a racist word, or a tweet like "Welbeck is dead to me, the f****** c***" isn't something that we think the police should be made aware of.

GordonvaleClaret
11-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Let's not get all cheesey.

http://i60.tinypic.com/wi0n5g.jpg

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 07:34 AM
I'm reporting that cheese to the authorities.

Darthlaw
11-03-2015, 07:43 AM
Interesting that the same broadcaster that gives Family Guy a platform to blatantly make fun of race, religion, disabilities, etc. Want to give Clarkson the boot because of his innuendo laced programme which offends a few hundred of the millions that watch it. Maybe they should be a bit more blatant with the jokes, so that the audience can understand that they are just that?

As has been mentioned above, the BBC have a real decision to kill the golden goose that is Top Gear considering the income it brings them.

For what its worth, this series has been seriously contrived but I confess to having a massive belly laugh at the Ambulance episode the other week, in particular Hammond's 'patient cannon' delivery system.

BereavementDividend
11-03-2015, 07:58 AM
I'll never understand adults that get offended by things. Genuinely.

Think about it for a moment. How can you be offended? It's a weird concept.

claretbucky1978
11-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Because we now live in a country where an opinion cant be voiced.

Sad really

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 08:12 AM
"I'll never understand adults that get offended by things. Genuinely.

Think about it for a moment. How can you be offended? It's a weird concept."

Nothing wrong with being offended, everyone gets offended at somethings. What's weird is that some people think they have a right not to be offended. A lot of people on this board are like that.

BereavementDividend
11-03-2015, 08:12 AM
Of course opinions can be voiced. I'm questioning how people can get offended. Like, what happens in their minds, when they hear something, they get offended? Like.. How can an external thing, that has no bearing on your life, upset you?

It's like people who get upset over gay marriage. It's literally nothing to do with you so why is it bothering you?

Offence, taken, not given. Weird concept to me.

cdav
11-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Why has this thread started talking about his racist comment?

This time he has allegedly punched a producer.
If you punch somebody at work you should expect to be sacked.

To be honest when he suggested I along with millions of others (striking public sector workers), should be "lined up against a wall and shot" then I stopped watching him and the programme. He seemed to forget that he too was a public sector worker.

He and his programme have since gone on to offend the Argentinians, made racist comments and now has allegedly punched a producer.

He needs to be sacked!

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 08:13 AM
"Because we now live in a country where an opinion cant be voiced.

Sad really"

Now we're in the realm of panicked hyperbole.

BereavementDividend
11-03-2015, 08:15 AM
I agree with your point too Imploding_Turtle.

I've never really been offended, maybe I have, but certainly not by something that isn't personal to me. And even then I don't tend to get upset by words.

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 08:15 AM
"To be honest when he suggested I along with millions of others (striking public sector workers), should be "lined up against a wall and shot" then I stopped watching him and the programme. He seemed to forget that he too was a public sector worker."

Anyone who took that comment for anything other than a joke is a moron and should also be lined up against a wall and shot.

cdav
11-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Imploding Turtle: Moron?

Thanks for the compliment.

Do you get a thrill out of offending people online?

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 08:23 AM
No, it's just easier than going out of my way to avoid offending the overly-sensitive. Such as you, apparently.

Moron -
A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

I would contend that 'moron' is an accurate, if out-dated, description of someone who takes seriously what is so obviously a joke to any able-minded adult.

cdav
11-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Imploding Turtle:

Rather than throw insults at each other online, I wonder if we could have an adult discussion about this?

So I will now give you the opportunity to insult me to my face. Outside the Longside at 5pm this Saturday, will you be there?

I can only assume you were not on strike that day. Having never been on strike before throughout my working life and having wrestled with my conscience in the months leading up to that day I finally decided to strike. Then live on TV he stated I should be shot, yes I was offended.

Will you be there?

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 08:46 AM
Are you deliberately trying to prove my point?

"Then live on TV he stated I should be shot, yes I was offended."

No. He didn't 'state', he joked. If you can only consider jokes to be jokes if they're about things that aren't personal to you then you're an idiot. And the reason I know you take it personally because you said that Clarkson 'stated' that 'I' should be shot.

If the joke was about the private sector then you'd have obviously seen it as a joke, because it's not personal enough for you to be offended.

cdav
11-03-2015, 08:50 AM
Imploding Turtle:

I have to go to work very soon.
Can you make a decision quickly?

Do you want to meet before Saturday's game to talk about your insult face to face, Yes or No?

It's quite a simple question.

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 08:53 AM
Lol, you're actually serious, aren't you?

Are you typical of public sector employees?
No, I won't meet up with you to discuss an insult on the internet. Grow the **** up.

Darthlaw
11-03-2015, 08:56 AM
How many of us are required to form a circle round the edge of your 'discussion' and shout fight, fight, fight?

cdav
11-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Imploding Turtle:

I thought as much.

Off to work now, enjoy your day insulting people online.

:D

yorkyclaret
11-03-2015, 08:58 AM
They just need to get shot of Savage and Shearer now, then I might consider buying a licence.

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 09:00 AM
"I thought as much."

I'm sure you did, because you're aged 7-12. Though I imagine you think I'd be attending the game.

neild100
11-03-2015, 10:29 AM
Glad to see the back of the holocaust and global-warming denying racist thug.

Perhaps the BBC will can the show and invest in a program about real motoring which would save lives instead.

GordonvaleClaret
11-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Perhaps the BBC should show the aftermath of road smashes. All you get now is a view of the scene after it's been cleaned up, with maybe a piccy of a smashed car by the side of the road.

Some countries allow the immediate aftermath to be seen, complete with limbs lying a few meters away from the injured they belong to. The screams of the injured being extracted from a smashed up vehicle make for real good attention getting.

Now that sort of home truths might contribute to saving lives.

yesTHATironingboard
11-03-2015, 11:18 AM
and just to prove how online petitions aren't worth the pixels they're presented on the 'save clarkson' one has now surpassed 300,000 'signatures'.

yes, even more bonkers than cdav becoming so flustered that he feels it necessary to offer strangers out on the internet.

cdav
11-03-2015, 11:27 AM
I wasn't "offering him out".

I wondered if he wanted to meet before Saturday's match so that we could have an adult discussion about his insult. Yes, I know it would give him opportunity to repeat it to my face and that's probably foolish.

It's all irrelevant now, he didn't want that chance. It appears he thinks he can say what he wants to people online, regardless of the offence caused. Similar to Clarkson really.

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 11:30 AM
When did he deny the holocaust?

And this clip from a QI episode makes me question whether he really is that opposed to the scientific consensus on climate change. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0MJhxMV5mro#t=2172)

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 11:33 AM
"It's all irrelevant now, he didn't want that chance. It appears he thinks he can say what he wants to people online, regardless of the offence caused. Similar to Clarkson really."

It's not that I didn't want that chance, it's that I'd have to take an hour out of my weekend just to prove to someone on the internet that in their eyes I'm as much a***** in real life as I am online.

yorksclaret
11-03-2015, 11:36 AM
Go on IT, I'll od yer coit.

pureclaret
11-03-2015, 11:57 AM
ill look after his zimmer frame.
go on i.t. Fight fight fight

cdav
11-03-2015, 12:01 PM
1/. "It's not that I didn't want that chance,"
You have it; cease it with both hands.

2/. "I'd have to take an hour out of my weekend".

So you must live within 25 mins. of the Turf then? (25 there, 10 at the Turf, 25 home). Not too much to ask, I am 1.25 hours drive away.

3/. "prove to someone on the internet".
No that's why I am suggesting we meet. It won't be on the internet. This would be real life, if you know what I mean.

4/. "that in their eyes I'm as much a***** in real life as I am online."

No; I just want to see if you are capable of repeating the insult to my face and if you still think I am a Moron in real life. Apparently you are not interested in meeting and it's just too much effort to go to the Turf on a match day.

Finally, this 7-12 insult must mean I signed up to this site whilst aged somewhere between -3 and 2 years old. Some going for a Moron.

I am bored with you now.

whereeaglesfly
11-03-2015, 12:07 PM
I think they should take him out, put him up against a wall, and shoot him. Tongue in cheek of course!Awful excuse for a man.

Darthlaw
11-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Keep digging, cdav, we can still see you... XD

yorksclaret
11-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Going off Cdav's increasingly bizarre behaviour, I'm warming to Clarkson's idea.

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 12:12 PM
I think you mean 'seize'.

If you are unfortunate enough to meet me in real life then i promise you, if you say something as dumb as you did earlier then i will call you out on it. I'm really not interested in going out of my way in order to protect other peoples feelings.

So knowing this, that i won't go out of my way even slightly by using a few more words on an internet forum to avoid offence, why do you then think i would take the time to go out of my way to deliver an insult?

You expressed an opinion. I expressed the opinion that only morons could hold that opinion. You got offended. In the immortal words of Steve Hughes - "be offended, nothing happens".

Rileybobs
11-03-2015, 12:21 PM
'Glad to see the back of the holocaust and global-warming denying racist thug.

Perhaps the BBC will can the show and invest in a program about real motoring which would save lives instead.'

Probably my favourite post of the thread, and there's competition in abundance.

yorksclaret
11-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Ambulance Heroes?

cdav
11-03-2015, 12:46 PM
I did mean seize; thanks for the correction.

I think you meant people's feelings not peoples feelings. Also when I is used in the middle of a sentence it's capital I not lower case i. How can dumb people say anything? "call you out on it", are you threatening me with physical violence?

Your third paragraph sums you up perfectly. You don't mind causing offence, even if typing a few more words eliminates that offence. You certainly are not man enough to meet anyone face to face and repeat your insults. Coward.

Oh don't run away with the thought I am still offended. All keyboard warriors are pathetic imbeciles. I fear today you have classified yourself as one of those.

Displaced_Claret
11-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Thanks to Turtle and cdav you for keeping me entertained for the duration of my fish finger butty.

cdav
11-03-2015, 01:03 PM
You are welcome Displaced, enjoy your butty.
I am trying my best.
However, he seems to have logged off now, pity as I was just getting started.

Perhaps, he has gone away to consider his behaviour or next move. Maybe even to consult an English expert, who knows? Perhaps he is adding a few more thousands to Clarkson's online petition.

No doubt he will be back soon and with renewed vigour.

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 01:09 PM
How can dumb people say anything? "call you out on it", are you threatening me with physical violence?

Lolwut?

Your third paragraph sums you up perfectly. You don't mind causing offence, even if typing a few more words eliminates that offence. You certainly are not man enough to meet anyone face to face and repeat your insults. Coward.

You're right, I don't mind causing offense. But I won't go out of my way to do it, which is what you were asking me to do. This would be entirely inconsistent with my assertion that I cause offense simply because i refuse to go out of my way not to.

Oh don't run away with the thought I am still offended. All keyboard warriors are pathetic imbeciles. I fear today you have classified yourself as one of those.

You call me a keyboard warrior because i said that anyone who took seriously what was obviously a joke a 'moron' yet you've called me a 'coward' and a 'pathetic imbecile' and then invited me to meet you in real life. For som

cdav
11-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Imploding:

That's not renewed vigour! That's woeful.

Read again what I wrote.

Where have I said YOU are a pathetic imbecile?
You have read this incorrectly, unless of course you admit to being a keyboard warrior, in which case you have read it correctly.

I am glad I haven't offended you. I gain no pleasure from offending anybody, unlike some.
I am so pleased you are proud of being an adult, how many times are you going to mention it?

By the way, do you ever post about Burnley FC?

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 01:35 PM
"Where have I said YOU are a pathetic imbecile?"

Where did I call YOU a 'moron'? This logic works both ways.

"You have read this incorrectly, unless of course you admit to being a keyboard warrior, in which case you have read it correctly."

You called me a keyboard warrior, and then called all keyboard warriors 'pathetic imbeciles'. Is 'implication' not in the dictionary they issued you at school?
It's not required of me to agree with being a 'keyboard warrior' for me to understand that you're also calling me a 'pathetic imbecile'.

What's funnier is that by your own logic, that implication doesn't exist, you also haven't called me a 'keyboard warrior'.

Bin_Ont_Turf
11-03-2015, 01:41 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/68uc6q.jpg

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 01:44 PM
By the way, do you ever post about Burnley FC?

Almost never.

cdav
11-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Imploding:

Very good, it appears then that whilst I don't agree with your online etiquette at least you do have some intelligence.

So because Clarkson's comment was about striking public sector workers and I was one of those, I took his comment personally because it had been a momentous decision for me to take. So yes given that the comment was also made on strike day I suppose I was also ultra-sensitive to it. I am sure to all non-striking people they could see it as a joke, but I didn't.

Similarly, I call all key board warriors pathetic imbeciles and you have taken that to mean you. Why? Because you are sensitive to it?

cdav
11-03-2015, 01:58 PM
from your Post 65.

"You called me a keyboard warrior"

No I didn't, where did I call you that?

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 01:59 PM
"So because Clarkson's comment was about striking public sector workers and I was one of those, I took his comment personally because it had been a momentous decision for me to take. So yes given that the comment was also made on strike day I suppose I was also ultra-sensitive to it. I am sure to all non-striking people they could see it as a joke, but I didn't."

This is why I called you a 'moron'. You are able to put yourself mentally in other peoples shoes and understand that the comment was a joke and yet you chose to take it seriously, and then got offended by it.
That is stupid.

"Similarly, I call all key board warriors pathetic imbeciles and you have taken that to mean you. Why? Because you are sensitive to it?"

No, i took it to mean me too because of a thing called 'implication, a 'logical consequence' of a previous statement. You can call me overly-sensitive to logic which would be a nice compliment, but i wasn't offended by it because you're just someone on th

distortiondave
11-03-2015, 02:07 PM
You're both mental. You know that, right?

BereavementDividend
11-03-2015, 02:07 PM
The Hyperbole Police are on their way. Nee narr nee narr.

I'm offended by people being offended.

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 02:12 PM
I am beginning to question my views on eugenics.

BereavementDividend
11-03-2015, 02:13 PM
I think the mass ejection of human kind is in order kind sir.

cdav
11-03-2015, 02:34 PM
Turtle

You have won.
The site won't let me reply!

Unfortunately, I am still able to see the insults you continue to throw at me.
I see I am now stupid too.

:( :( :(

BereavementDividend
11-03-2015, 02:39 PM
cdav,

Out of interest, what do you genuinely see as insults?

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 02:44 PM
I'm fairly sure we're both losers here, cdav.

CasaDeClaret
11-03-2015, 03:00 PM
Eat your Snickers

mkmel
11-03-2015, 03:00 PM
Quit your squabbling guys as it's not doing either of you any favours and only giving us a bit of amusement.

DobsonThomasSteven
11-03-2015, 03:06 PM
One more page, one more page...

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Boobs.

Boliclaret
11-03-2015, 04:28 PM
I'm offended by people being offended. :D

Classic Bereavementclaret, you need to read his original thread to fully appreciate it.

markyboy12345
11-03-2015, 05:00 PM
So someone who is un PC gets suspended by a bunch of pedo's.

Sounds about right.

Clarkson is a legend.

Leisure
11-03-2015, 05:02 PM
'Clarkson is a legend' - don't you mean leg-end!

stevie_thunder
11-03-2015, 06:30 PM
"'Clarkson is a legend' - don't you mean leg-end!"

Don't you mean bellend?

evensteadiereddie
11-03-2015, 06:37 PM
i suspect Clarkson's bellendedness is being heavily sponsored by the BBC hating Murdoch - Clarkson earns a decent wedge writing for the the Sun. - view external link (i)

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 06:49 PM
That won't even come close to the millions/year he earns for his BBC work.

mikeS
11-03-2015, 06:59 PM
The BBC needs to drop Top Gear and move on. More nice challenge programmes like the Great British Bake Off, its cousin the Great British Allotment challenge, The Great British Sewing Bee and most recently the Great British Painting Challenge. These are the future of telly watching. Very calming. No rif-raff, Very nice, very BBC circa 1950. Coming soon - the Great British Beetle Drive.

evensteadiereddie
11-03-2015, 07:26 PM
What's the betting Sky develop an almost identical format the minute Clarkson gets booted out ?
Oh and I wonder who'll they'll get to front it ?

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Not if he has a non-compete clause.

butterflyvenom
11-03-2015, 11:44 PM
clarkson is a fatuous t***
his humour is 6th form and dated.the whole programme is based on appeasing smug car bores.
Studio audience is comprised odious moronic grinning swine who chuckle inanley at his monty python outdated quips. His stupid sidekicks are embarrassingly bovine.
The lure of this bilge amazes me, car dullards and oh so false adventures.
it really is vomit inducing cak from series one to the present day.
repulsive telly for equally repulsive fans.
I shouldn't be on earth at the same time as either the hosts or the vapid fans of this muck.
the bloke is a public school idiot. his appeal is mainly with rugby types and slob tories and kensington sewer rats.I hate it all with a passion.#
shame on any fan of this dross. the **** even has a column in the sun to appear in touch with working class herd members.disgusting pap. I am right, there is no other opinion.

Bin_Ont_Turf
11-03-2015, 11:54 PM
You been on the absinthe again venomous one?

It's an entertainment programme, you either like it or you don't.

You don't need to become a dribbling wreck because of Jeremy Clarkson, he's easily avoidable.

Darthlaw
12-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Anyone else got this image of butterfly watching Topgear?

http://i57.tinypic.com/2ut6880.jpg

Either that or he couldn't find the remote every time that its on...

BereavementDividend
12-03-2015, 09:05 AM
It always baffles me when people complain about things that they have the option of not being involved in or watching/listening to.

naypilky
12-03-2015, 09:17 AM
There's a saying that "nobody has ever lost money by underestimating the tastes of the general public".For me at least, Clarkson and Murdoch have proved that in spades!.

poultonclaret
12-03-2015, 11:28 AM
butterflyvenom - ye gods man, you've spent half an hour venting your spleen - yet again. you are a heart attack waiting to happen. i like the show and so does my missus; it's more comedy than a serious motor show. and i still really like monty python. guess i'm one of the grinning morons you refer to - so be it.
ps i am by no means of the PC persuasion but i agree he takes a perverse pleasure in insulting all and sundry - which is out of order. the other two presenters are his side-kicks but good presenters and the 3 of them make a good team overall. so if you don't like it don't watch it - you have the choice. or do you only watch it to complain about it? chill out and watch programmes like the british sowing bee etc [see post 88?] oh! and stop trying to take the moral high ground and trying to make the ones who don't see things your way to be irresponsible, immature idiots. it's only in your little world where you are always right.

ColdPieWarmBeer
12-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Here's the moral of the story: If you're an entitled prick and want to (allegedly) punch a man in the face for serving you a cold meat platter instead of a steak because the chef has gone home by the time you reach the hotel you're staying in, have hundreds of thousands of people sign a petition backing you after being suspended by your employer for assault, and have the Prime Minister praise you as a 'huge talent' in the wake of your suspension, just make sure you're very rich, very old and very white.

braindead
12-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Can't beat a bit of reverse racism there CPWB.

Good work fella.

Squarepusher
12-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Reverse racism is not a thing.

Imploding Turtle
12-03-2015, 05:26 PM
I'd be fascinated to know what CPWB said that was racist.

Quattro
12-03-2015, 07:25 PM
If he has thumped someone, a fellow BBC employee, then the BBC need to stand by a decision to suspend him, with a view to terminating his contract on grounds of gross misconduct - he has done wrong and must pay, and it sends out a message that the BBC will support all employees who are a victim.

markyboy12345
12-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Yes Quattro whilst i agree with you i just cant see how on earth the BBC can claim to support the victim and do the right thing after the Jimmy saville and pedophelia debacle which was/is rife within the BBC.

Whether or not you like clarkson ( i happen to do ) the man does make good television and has a good sense of humor, also un-PC which is refreshing in this day and age.