PDA

View Full Version : Those lost points...

gabriel10
10-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Last time we played in the Premier League we were two victories away of staying up.
Now we are second from bottom having played very well but not picking up enough points.
It is very easy to find 13 extra points from the games we have played so far.
here they are,

Crystal Palace away. Missed penalty-2 points.
Sunderland home. Had Jutkjewicz gone down in the box when held back by OShea it would have been a penalty and a goal-2 points.
Aston Villa home. Ings hit the post in injurytime.Jutkjewicz header in injurytime-2points
Palace at home. Two up,spoiled it-3 points.
WBA at home. Two up and dominated, one sided-2points.
Liverpool at home.Fantastic, but Liverpool stole it-1 point-
Swansea at home. Own goal-1 point.
Makes it thirteen points and eleventh place.

Bin_Ont_Turf
10-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Should have, could have and would have.

If, buts and maybes.

Although I'll add Swansea away, should have been a draw and West Ham at home, we should have been 3 up in the first half an hour.

clareturion
10-03-2015, 09:01 PM
We can all play this game

v Stoke C away - should have been a defeat minus 3 pts
v Soton home - late pen goes in minus 2 pts
v Villa home - should have been defeat minus 1 pt
v Chelsea away 2 Mourinho pens - minus 1 pt
v Newcastle away without Clownish own goal - minus 1 pt
v City away - without Boyd offside goal - minus 1 pt

We are where we are pretty much deservedly.

Boliclaret
10-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Sunderland H, rattled post in stoppage time.
Leicester A, charmed life and some shocking misses at 1-2 Schmichael at fault with free kick,

On the plus side we should have been 2-0 up at home to Newcastle but that wouldn't have guarenteed a win.

EDIT how quickly we forgot that Boyd was offside at City which gave us a massive lifeline.

3putt
10-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Have to say that the OP makes a far, far better case than post #3 (which I found a bit odd). However, clearly we could not have realistically expected an extra 13 points from those games.

I think the point is a valid one though and with a bit more luck and concentration we could have easily have another 6 or 7 points which would have made all the difference this season.

clareturion
10-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Thanks Boli forgot that one

v Leic C Schmeichel positions himself right - minus 1 pt

Boliclaret
10-03-2015, 09:18 PM
I think Post 3 is fairly valid apart from Stoke were we totally deserved to win.

buxtonclaret
10-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Well if we're going down this road, what about the theft of 4 points by Manure this season?
Particularly at their place.

ClaretTony2014
10-03-2015, 09:19 PM
"v Newcastle away without Clownish own goal - minus 1 pt"

On a day when we had to make 3 subs in first 37 minutes, hit the woodwork 4 times and you point to an own goal?

clareturion
10-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Just pointing out for every bad luck story there's a counterpoint...and that one was a bobby dazzler.

gosia
10-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Obviously it's somewhat pointless speculating or looking back at lost points but 3putt does have a point (or 6 or 7) when he says another 6 or 7 points would have made all the difference.

Even less, say 4 or 5 points, may make the difference between staying up or going down and, at present, I just have this awful feeling that we'll end short by 4 or 5 points.

This would be really frustrating (if not annoying) if it happens as we've played reasonably well throughout the whole season and turned in a good number of performances to make us all clarets proud.

Still I suppose the next 10 games will tell.

Bin_Ont_Turf
10-03-2015, 09:28 PM
You really are a bundle of joy Clareturion. XD

If Lincoln hadn't lost on the last day of the 86/87 season, then this message board wouldn't be here and we wouldn't be able to witness your uplifting outlook.

How's that for playing the game. :D

buxtonclaret
10-03-2015, 09:32 PM
..." Still I suppose the next 10 games will tell..."

Spot on, gosia.
Considering most of the 'experts' had us relegated by Christmas without a ball being kicked, we've not done too bad.
If we get a bit more going for us in the remaining games, we could still stay up in spite of what's happened so far.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-03-2015, 06:04 AM
No ifs, buts or maybes, we are going to have to play out of our skins and get most of the breaks that are going, if we are to stay up.
Like Eddie Howe said about Bournemouth, " We now have ten Cup Finals to play!" Sums up our situation perfectly and you just know that SD will be giving everything he has got to achieve it.

Jamb0MackemClaret
11-03-2015, 10:02 AM
Every club can point to games they didn't get what they could/should have, but the Palace and WBA home games alone are four points we've thrown away and you can add Arfield's saved penalty at Palace too. But yeah, you've got to consider the luck we've had at City and Chelsea and at home to Southampton etc too.