PDA

View Full Version : Tom Heaton is a Burnley fan

Claretforever
11-03-2015, 08:52 AM
I knew he had north west roots, but didn't realise that Heaton was actually brought up as a Claret. I've just seen a new piece on Sky Sports News where he talks about staying up, and it finishes by saying something along the lines of 'Heaton, who was raised as a Burnley fan, will be hoping to keep him and his family in the Premier League.'

Possibly been covered before, but worth a mention for others that didn't know. B)

ClaretTony2014
11-03-2015, 10:09 AM
I think that's stretching it a bit but his family were from Burnley originally - I'm sure I read that his dad lived in Burnley Wood in his early years. He is also part of the family that owned Heaton's furniture business in Nelson.

mkmel
11-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Just from the top of my head wasn't he brought up in Chester and it's his family who are Clarets?

Peter_Nobles_Wig
11-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Always handy when a player is also a supporter. I'm just happy for him to be our Keeper.

Any other players who've been supporters? Apart from the obvious that is.

ClaretTony2014
11-03-2015, 03:33 PM
He is from Chester - and certainly wasn't a Burnley fan.

Spoke to him just the once but you will struggle to hear a wrong word about Tom Heaton that's for sure. Just the sort of people you want in your football club.

westyorkclaret
11-03-2015, 06:10 PM
''He is also part of the family that owned Heaton's furniture business in Nelson''

Newspaper articles have his dads as dave, I knew the family that owned Heatons and I can't remember a Dave being part of the family

3putt
11-03-2015, 08:35 PM
I think Jim Heaton, the long standing proprietor of Heatons in Nelson was the brother of Tom's grandad.