PDA

View Full Version : Last Post - no doubt I will be struck from this forum.

Gumby
11-03-2015, 04:44 PM
I now post rarely and have learned that too often it is not worth entering discussions with some of the numpties on here, especially when the board's moderators apparently have an agenda of their own.

I realise Clarets Mad does not allow selling tickets on here but today I have twice offered a FREE ticket for the Southampton game on the Accy Clarets thread and on the main forum because I am now travelling as an 'enabler' for my disabled wife, having bought my ticket two weeks ago. This was a genuine offer to pass on my ticket to another Clarets fan, having checked with the ticket office at the club this morning when I purchased my wife's ticket. TWO assistants told me to pass it on as I will have to sit with her. Not knowing anyone else who could use it I naturally offered it on here.

The moderators deemed it necessary to remove both posts.

This angers me because no effort at all was made to moderate the Isis thread where posters such as Morpheus2 were posting openly Islamophobic st

claretspice
11-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Quick question - have you used the 'complain' button to raise the thread you consider offensive with the moderators?

daveisaclaret
11-03-2015, 04:54 PM
A paddy for the ages - congratulations.

Leisure
11-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Not sure just what (if any) the board rules are on trying to give away a ticket for free? The item under Administrator Messages is headed 'Buying or selling tickets on this site' and doesn't have any mention of giving away tickets being against the rules!

Bin_Ont_Turf
11-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Can I have the ticket before you get this message board shut down Gumby?

Only joshing, but wouldn't it have been easier having a word with Pete at Accy Clarets and asking him if he could pass it on?

Imploding Turtle
11-03-2015, 05:10 PM
A paddy for the ages - congratulations.

That's unfair. All he wants to do is give away a ticket.
I'd understand if he was trying to sell a ticket because the Mods wouldn't want to encourage touting, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to give away a ticket to someone.

tonymorleysbaldhead
11-03-2015, 05:25 PM
2. I have copied the whole of the Isis thread and will send a copy to Burnley football club, with my complaint, for their comments, particularly on post 13, made on a site associated with them. I shall also send a copy to the local press, my local Police Contact and my MP as an example of the Islamophobic propaganda being peddled in a supposedly football chatroom, without action by moderators.

Could you also please send a copy to the Houses of Parliament, The White House, the EU Headquarters, GCHQ/ MI5, the editor of The Guardian and The Independent, oh, and don't forget to include Shami Chacrabarti, Director of Liberty while you are at it. Just so no one is left out.

Can the last idiot at Footymad please turn the lights out on their way out.

UTC

randomclaret2
11-03-2015, 05:36 PM
' My local police contact' sounds interesting, can we all have one .?

yorksclaret
11-03-2015, 05:48 PM
Too late, it's in police custody.

Bin_Ont_Turf
11-03-2015, 05:50 PM
' My local police contact' sounds interesting, can we all have one .?'

Let's get these namby pamby French speaking Man Utd supporting ticketist pooofs.

Fire up the Quattro.

mkmel
11-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Maybe he has a point about the free ticket but having looked at the ISIS thread don't agree with his anger over that nor understand his IMO ott reaction to the latter.

longside4evr
11-03-2015, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't trust an MP either cos all they will do is fabricate the story and tell lies anyway think before you tell them owt :D

evensteadiereddie
11-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Mmmmm, the smell of burning martyr.
Wouldn't it have been easier, at the first sign of problems, to ask for a refund or give the ticket away to an Accy Claret buddy ?
Seems a bit melodramatic to me.