PDA

View Full Version : o/t I need a bit of advice.

the_idiotb_stardson
11-03-2015, 06:05 PM
I have been asked to take part in a morris dancing competition in Bakewell. I have also been asked to be leader of the side ( a side is what you call a group of morris dancers, a leader is the one who calls out the type of dance)

There has been bad blood between my side and the local Bakewell side for 3 or 4 years. It is infact a local derby of sorts. Being asked to be leader in a local derby is probably the pinnacle of my morris life so far.

Now here comes the snag. It clashes with the Owls match.

At the very best I could probably get there for the last 15 minutes but this would mean me abandoning the lads in Bakewell and they might need me if it gets a bit tasty.

crashbang
11-03-2015, 06:13 PM
I got worried at the
"Abandoning the lads behind" bit.

the_idiotb_stardson
11-03-2015, 06:14 PM
I got worried at the
"Abandoning the lads behind" bit.

Opps Freudian slip crash.

Casper64Frank
11-03-2015, 06:16 PM
IBS-If it`s the pinnacle of your morris life so far then you must attend at Bakewell,follow the dream.

The Owls match is only one game of many and anyway we will be safe from relegation by the end of the Wigan game.

Your group needs a leader a derby is one not to miss.

wrinkly
11-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Go where you'll be safest mate:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2qk8heq.jpg

The match

CAMiller
11-03-2015, 06:22 PM
At the very best I could probably get there for the last 15 minutes but this would mean me abandoning the lads in Bakewell and they might need me if it gets a bit tasty.

I heard that Bakewell side are just a bunch of tarts so it's bound to be tasty.

wrinkly
11-03-2015, 06:38 PM
I can't imagine missing the match for Morris Dancing.

But if it's IBS's passion

http://i57.tinypic.com/2h5k329.jpg

Brin
11-03-2015, 07:24 PM
IBS...go over there get your shaft out and bash real hard on them...

We'll shout the lads on for you over at NYS...

Ellis_D
11-03-2015, 09:28 PM

I heard that Bakewell side are just a bunch of tarts so it's bound to be tasty.[/quote]

Lol. This deserves more likes!

Ellis_D
11-03-2015, 09:31 PM
IBS is on the wind up here. I'm sure he only posted the thread the other day to set himself up for htis thread.

If he REALLY is a Morris dancer, each to their own. But there's NO WAY he is seriously contemplating missing the game against the Pigs for frigging Morris dancing! Jesus wept.

And I can't believe the responses he has got on here. FFS!

Casper64Frank
11-03-2015, 09:38 PM
IBS is on the wind up here. I'm sure he only posted the thread the other day to set himself up for htis thread.

If he REALLY is a Morris dancer, each to their own. But there's NO WAY he is seriously contemplating missing the game against the Pigs for frigging Morris dancing! Jesus wept.

And I can't believe the responses he has got on here. FFS!

Of course he`s on a wind up,a cultural wind up.

Excellent advice especially Wrinklys.

the_idiotb_stardson
12-03-2015, 09:55 AM
After reading the thread last night I took the advice of some of my MM friends and decided that I had to miss the Owls match and play my part in the morris competition in Bakewell. ( Ellis there are some things more important than football!)

However last night disaster struck. We had a rehearsal and we decided to introduce a little known song called "the cuckoo's nest' which is from the Sherbourne area in Dorset. The accompanying dance routine which is very difficult, we believed, could be a match winner, and catch the Bakewell lads of guard.

However t while performing 'The cuckoo's nest' I fell on my ankle and twisted it quite badly. It's now a race against time to get fit for Bakewell.

If that fails I will be at the Owls match...probably on crutches.

Millerboy08
12-03-2015, 12:39 PM
hahahaha

Ellis_D
12-03-2015, 06:56 PM
After reading the thread last night I took the advice of some of my MM friends and decided that I had to miss the Owls match and play my part in the morris competition in Bakewell. ( Ellis there are some things more important than football!)

However last night disaster struck. We had a rehearsal and we decided to introduce a little known song called "the cuckoo's nest' which is from the Sherbourne area in Dorset. The accompanying dance routine which is very difficult, we believed, could be a match winner, and catch the Bakewell lads of guard.

However t while performing 'The cuckoo's nest' I fell on my ankle and twisted it quite badly. It's now a race against time to get fit for Bakewell.

If that fails I will be at the Owls match...probably on crutches.

Lol. Well it's a better story than them daft ones you do in Moulin Rouge about Kari Arnason being a zombie killer!

ParkgateMiller
14-03-2015, 08:47 AM
I think Millers fans should form a Morris Dancing troop or whatever they're called. (Seriously!).

Millers Shirt, Flat Cap, Mining Clogs, pick-axe handle (or Aggro Stick) and a whippet.

We could dance on a Pig Shirt.

I can bring and play a Bodhran.