PDA

View Full Version : Happy Independence Day Mauritius

MK-Claret
12-03-2015, 10:23 AM
Just thought i would wish Mauritius a very happy independence day..

As my dad was from this lovely part of the world..and also like to read Dave's posts when i get time ;D

MK-Claret
12-03-2015, 01:10 PM
If anyone is interested they hold annual Mauritian Festival in London..a couple of minutes away from Tottenham Hale tube station.(26th July this year)
It's a good family day out..a fair ground, lots of food stalls selling delicious Mauritian food, live Sega music and most important a beer tent selling English and Mauritian beers and spirits..no trouble good friendly relaxed atmosphere..Although i live in MK i am originally from Burnley, i took one of my mates with me one year, and he and his family have been regulars ever since..:-)

loyalclaret
12-03-2015, 07:35 PM
SPAM ALERT

Only joking pal, from another who enjoys dave's post. More Padiham than burnley ;D

davemanu2000
13-03-2015, 01:03 PM
It was the 47th Independence Day Celebrations . Mauritians are proud to celebrate it in all pomp and splendour . The flag raising ceremony is usually held at the race course of Champ de Mars ,,Port Louis .This year the GUEST OF HONOUR was the PM of India .
the celebrations consisted of helicopters display , an array of displays from Police Force ,fire Services ,hazardous jumps into a circular fire by athletes ,dances from Indian ,Chinese ,Muslim troupes and sega dances .There were hhge fire works that lighted the skies of Mauritius .There was a huge gathering and they liked the entertaining programme very much and lasted till late at night .

IanMcL
13-03-2015, 10:05 PM
It's always good to be free of Imperialists.