PDA

View Full Version : Lampard on Burnley

tybfc
13-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Frank Lampard admits he has the utmost respect for Burnley and is expecting another tricky encounter at Turf Moor this Saturday.

The Blues were held 2-2 against the Clarets back in December, with Sean Dyche’s men recovering from two goals down with only 33 minutes played.

Now City make the short trip north knowing they can ill-afford anymore slip-ups on the season run-in – but despite Lampard’s long illustrious career so far, it’s a ground he has rarely played at.

“I played there with Chelsea just once and beat them 1-0 so the record is good in that respect,” he smiled. “Burnley is a very traditional, homely club and the sort we all respect from the outside.

lampard

“They’ve given it a real go this season and there is a family connection because my dad used to work with Sean Dyche at Watford when he was the Under-18s coach and he has a lot of respect for Sean.

...Lampard on Dyche..

“Whatever happens at the end of the season, Sean Dyche will come out with huge credit because to

mdd2
13-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Didn't we lose 2-1 to Chelsea tht season, the winner coming from a corner at the Jimmy Mac end? I think from JT.

what_no_pies
13-03-2015, 09:39 AM
Yeah, but Lampard is a Man City player so it's quite irrelevant.

what_no_pies
13-03-2015, 09:43 AM
'we're not exactly flush with forwards at the moment'

I'd say it's the most flush we've been in years.

Rooney
Sturridge
Welbeck
Ings
Kane
Austin
Berahino
Rodriguez
Carroll
Lambert

Plenty of youth in that list too. Just need to play 'em to give us any chance over the next few tournaments.

Jamb0MackemClaret
13-03-2015, 10:21 AM
In fairness, he did say *great* forwards and I wouldn't call any of those players great. Rooney's closest but he's failed at a series of international tournaments.

There's a lot of young talent to be excited by though and Ings certainly deserves to be mentioned with the likes of Austin, Kane and Berahino as stars of the future.

davemanu2000
13-03-2015, 01:17 PM
Lampard is an experienced and versatile player .He can weigh rightly the merits of a club .Burnley have made great progress this season . The great question is whether that will be enough to evade relegation .

IanMcL
13-03-2015, 09:55 PM
As he says, with our approach and workrate for the cause, our team has as good a chance as any.

Up the Clarets.

ClaretTony2014
13-03-2015, 10:16 PM
I'm with Jambo on this one - don't think there are any great forwards on that list. Some of them have the potential to be so but certainly no one anywhere near it yet.

ANuttyClaret
13-03-2015, 10:36 PM
"'we're not exactly flush with forwards at the moment'

I'd say it's the most flush we've been in years.

Rooney
Sturridge
Welbeck
Ings
Kane
Austin
Berahino
Rodriguez
Carroll
Lambert

Plenty of youth in that list too. Just need to play 'em to give us any chance over the next few tournaments."

Rooney
Sturridge
Welbeck
Ings
Kane
Austin
Berahino
Rodriguez
Carroll
Lambert

or

Shearer
Owen
Cole
Sheringham
Fowler
Le Tissier
Ian Wright
Les Ferdinand

I know which set of players i'd rather have.

yesTHATironingboard
13-03-2015, 10:42 PM
would that be cole as in andy 'one goal against albania' cole?

otherwise you're right. though.

ClaretTony2014
13-03-2015, 10:43 PM
Fowler could have been the best of the lot but for injuries - once heard a pundit say on television that he was the best striker in the Premier League because he so very rarely missed the target.

Shearer, as much as it pains me to say it, was probably the best but I'd also say that both Ferdinand and Sheringham from that list were also outstanding.

Didn't think of Le Tissier as a forward but brilliantly talented.

mkmel
13-03-2015, 11:11 PM
Robbie Fowler's goalscoring record is not to be sniffed at :)

wilko81
13-03-2015, 11:46 PM
Sutton and Collymore were also that era, both of whom broke the British transfer record, but neither made an impact with England. We were flush in the 90's. As Gary Neville said recently, Euro 96 was our best chance of glory