PDA

View Full Version : 'Fan Zone' for Man City fans

1989_claret
13-03-2015, 09:25 AM
Is this the first time we have made a fan zone for away fans?

My City supporting mate just forwarded me an email which he received saying the club are setting up a 'Fan Zone.'

The email says:

We have created a 'Fan Zone' exclusively for Manchester City fans in the Harry Pott's Car Park, next to where the coaches drop off, where you can meet with fellow supporters and watch chosen MCFC highlights on TV before entering the stand.

Bobcloth2
13-03-2015, 09:34 AM
Good thinking by the club. Bet cricket club are not happy though.

With our own fanzone, I've never been in, is it easy enough to get served?

Claretforever
13-03-2015, 10:24 AM
To be fair, Bob, yes it is quite easy to get served. Don't be put off if the queue looks about 20-25 deep. They have lots of people on the bar, have pre-pulled pints that are constantly used and lots of pumps. That sort of queue takes 2-3 minutes to get through. The queue at the Park View can be 2 deep and take you 10 minutes!! Usually have live music too.

It's a good idea by the club, and may help the Cricket Club as fans will likely do both rather than going into pubs in the town.

ClaretTony2014
13-03-2015, 10:56 AM
There were some concerns about City fans coming over early and meetings were held with supporters groups to come up with some ideas. This was one put forward.

As for the home fanzone. I've not been in so can't comment first hand but it looks to be busy most matches. I would think the club would try to extend this next season.

Bobcloth2
13-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Thanks claretforever. Hopefully I'll get chance to give it a try before the end of the season.

silkyskills1
13-03-2015, 01:20 PM
There were some concerns...'

I bet there were and I suspect still are. Local opposition and a tea time kick off. At least the weather forecast isn't the same as last Saturday.

SuffolkClaret
13-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Which moron decided to make sure their all drunk before the game?

ClaretTony2014
13-03-2015, 04:10 PM
"Which moron decided to make sure their all drunk before the game?"

??????????????????????????

Bobcloth2
13-03-2015, 07:24 PM
I'm sure the City fans wouldn't have bothered drinking if if wasn't for this fanzone.
Not like there's plenty of other places to get a drink?

Well done to the club for making money from this.