PDA

View Full Version : Vladimir Putin

Imploding Turtle
13-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Rumours abound that the old fella has had a stroke. Heh.

mdd2
13-03-2015, 07:23 PM
Where are these rumours?

JeremyBender
13-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Vlad the Impaler. A guy not to be messed with I think.

Bin_Ont_Turf
13-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Crimea river.

Imploding Turtle
13-03-2015, 07:44 PM
The US capital markets.

Also, I've linked an article by the IBT about it. - view external link (http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kremlin-denies-vladimir-putin-seriously-ill-rumours-swirl-1491599)

mdd2
13-03-2015, 07:51 PM
The World aint going to be that lucky

cloughyclaret
13-03-2015, 07:55 PM
Only report Ive seen is that his girlfriend has had a baby. (Swiss source)

Patey
13-03-2015, 07:58 PM
Putin is being set up by the Americans for economic reasons, just like Saddam and Gaddifi and we know what happened to them.

Rowls
13-03-2015, 08:28 PM
"Putin is being set up by the Americans for economic reasons, just like Saddam and Gaddifi"

Errr, no. Putin is being economically targeted by America for political reasons.

yesTHATironingboard
13-03-2015, 08:46 PM
Errr, no. Putin is being economically targeted by America for political reasons.

doesn't one facilitate the other?

Rowls
13-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Not in this instance. The sanctions are financial; the offences (ceding Crimea and various other acts of aggression) were political.

mdd2
13-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Sure thing Patey
South Ossetia, Crimea, Eastern Ukraine. Retaken parts of the old Soviet Union by force to protect them from themselves and USA.political opponents mysteriously missing imprisoned or dead.

Bin_Ont_Turf
13-03-2015, 08:57 PM
'Only report Ive seen is that his girlfriend has had a baby. (Swiss source)'

By Swiss source? That sounds painful.

Is it like a cesarean section but with a lot more holes like a lump of Emmental?

Imploding Turtle
13-03-2015, 09:13 PM
In the history of mankind I don't think anyone has ever ceded anything as an act of aggression.

gogogadgetlegs
13-03-2015, 09:16 PM
New Top Gear presenter?

Patey
13-03-2015, 09:47 PM
Putin wants to conduct trades in something other than the world's reserve currency, the USD. Just like Saddam and Gaddafi, remember them?

footy_le_bordel
13-03-2015, 09:51 PM
what currency do european countries pay in for gazprom's gas?

Patey
13-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Sure thing Patey
South Ossetia, Crimea, Eastern Ukraine. Retaken parts of the old Soviet Union by force to protect them from themselves and USA.political opponents mysteriously missing imprisoned or dead.

And you believe it because politicians and the BBC told you.

cloughyclaret
13-03-2015, 09:59 PM
By Swiss source? That sounds painful.

Is it like a cesarean section but with a lot more holes like a lump of Emmental?

Thats a strange planet you are on there Bint :)

Patey
13-03-2015, 10:11 PM
what currency do european countries pay in for gazprom's gas?

USD, which we get from the USA in return for the goods and services we supply to them.

The USA just print the dollars in huge quantities, just like they've been doing since 1944. Which under the Bretton Woods agreement, they were not supposed to do, unless they had sufficient gold to cover them at $35 an ounce. By 1971 they had printed so many they could no longer exchange gold for dollars and the world's currencies became worthless.

Charles de Gaulle recognised the fraud in the mid sixties and tried to exchange all the paper for gold but by 1971 Richard Nixon had to stop it because there was insufficient gold left. - view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9r1NLMFixo)

oldcolner
13-03-2015, 10:52 PM
Could he now be Putout?
Though the alternative might be worse and Putitabout even more

oldcolner
13-03-2015, 11:00 PM
DEBKAfile reports that Russian websitesThursday morning began running unconfirmed reports that Russian President Vladimir Putin had suddenly died. This has not been confirmed by any official in Moscow.

But a short announcement of Putin’s death was seen briefly on Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev’s website early Thursday, only to be removed after 20 minutes. According to officials in Moscow, Putin was expected in Kazakhstan Thursday for meetings with its leaders, but failed to turn up.

Patey
13-03-2015, 11:12 PM
Sorry forgot to delete the extra Http:// on the De Gaulle link. - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9r1NLMFixo)

Bin_Ont_Turf
13-03-2015, 11:19 PM
'Thats a strange planet you are on there Bint'

I've been living on it that long that it's not strange anymore.

Imploding Turtle
14-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Announcement of something in the next few days. - view external link (http://cnnmon.ie/1EeGAIB)

Imploding Turtle
15-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Now it could be a coup. - view external link (http://www.ibtimes.co.in/rumours-claim-russian-president-vladimir-putin-has-been-neutralised-by-coup-626276)

spt_claret
15-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Aye Patey that's right, don't trust the western media's account of Putin, it's totally biased.
The numerous independently verified reports of his prehistoric anti-homosexuality laws, the many, many examples of blatant racism in Russian society (to the point our old Andre Bikey carried a gun in Russia for fear of his own life), the incredibly convenient timing of the death of Nemetsov, not to mention the deaths of Litvinenko, Bereszovsky, and various other potential problems or opponents. Putin's a standup guy and the big bad West are being mean to him.

Let's trust the state-controlled Russian Media, they won't have agendas at all. After all, they had the bastion of integrity that is Edward Snowden on there, and HE said Putin's a great bloke. Must be true.

Idiot. The world would be a much better place if rumours of Putin's death were substantiated. As it is, they're almost certainly untrue, sadly.

Deadlydave
15-03-2015, 11:46 PM
What!! Our western media is to be believed and has no adgenda? I would surgest that our military industrial complex wants to control the vast resources of Russia for its own gain for one thing and a puppet Russian Govt would be highly desireable to this effect. We are are told "economical truth" all the time. The whole thing is a manipulated game by both sides and they are both have equally bad motivations and are expert liars.

Markovitch
16-03-2015, 10:57 AM
I don't think anyone would argue that Putin is a great guy. But lets not forget that the US is fighting 74 wars as of today. The US spends more than the next 12 countries in the world combined on arms. The US spent $5bn in Ukraine alone destabilizing the political situation. A million people have died in Iraq since the US invasion, 250000 in Syria. In addition to deaths over 10m are homeless in those countries since US intervention. The US refused to accept that Boko Harem was a terrorist organisation even after hundreds of schoolgirls went missing because the US was selling them arms The US funded and trained ISIS.
So when looking at Putin, he is not a good guy, but there are worse.
And if you think your tax pounds don't go to support all of the above watch this. It is a chat show about whether Tony Blair should be charged with war crimes. Listen to the guy from the Ministry of Defence, he talks about regime changes he was involved in. This is a role for the MoD? - [url=www.youtube.co

Patey
16-03-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm not suggesting for a moment that Putin is a good guy but as far as the Americans are concerned he is currently their number one target. Not because of his actions in Eastern Europe but because he is a threat to the USD as the world's reserve currency.

Putin is just another leader who has realised that dollars are just IOUs that are not redeemable for anything of value and wants to trade his resources for gold.

Saddam wanted to ditch the dollar and so did Gaddafi. I didn't think they'd go after Putin but if the dollar ceases to be the reserve currency, the USA is finished.

World War Three anyone.

Markovitch
16-03-2015, 12:59 PM
I definitely agree about the dollar. Saddam was willing to take euros for his oil hence the invasion and of course all the stories about weapons of mass destruction and Marsh Arabs turned out to be lies. Gaddafi wanted to open the pan African Bank which would have the dinar as a pan African currency so removing the dollar as the investment currency. The problem the US has now is that Russia is a small cog in the wheel compared to China and India, and both of those countries are funding Russia because keeping Russia as the focus is useful.
Russia, China and India have undergone currency swaps so they effectively have taken 20% of world trade away from the dollar, Brazil and Argentina have entered trade agreements with Russia and France is negotiating so lets see.
I think war is a possibility. Putin has already said that Stalin did all he could to avoid war and 28m died on Soviet soil, Russia will not be so reticent this time

Patey
16-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Basically there's more dollars outside of the US borders than inside but as soon as the USD ceases to be the reserve currency, all those dollar will start returning and the holders will want something in return.

This is why China and Arab states, own a huge amount of real estate in western countries. However the trillions of dollars issued to fund the American's lifestyle since 1944, is greater than the net worth of the USA.

The might of the US military will not allow this to happen.

Be afraid and don't believe what the politicians tell you.

g69
16-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Is there not a greater threat to the U.S.$ from China who sells everything in dollars and pays for everything in yuan (renminbi) They must have trillions by now which makes them very nervous when the dollar loses value ( deliberately) Imo They May look to edge their bets with euros then it will all get even messier
(Lionel)
UTC

wherewasi
16-03-2015, 02:16 PM
"Be afraid and don't believe what the politicians tell you."

Instead, believe what some randomer on a message board says...

Patey
16-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Believe what and who you like, I don't care but if no one tries to tell the truth, there's only lies.

ColdPieWarmBeer
16-03-2015, 04:14 PM
He's turned up. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31904882)

hello_dave
16-03-2015, 04:37 PM
"Basically there's more dollars outside of the US borders than inside but as soon as the USD ceases to be the reserve currency, all those dollar will start returning and the holders will want something in return.

This is why China and Arab states, own a huge amount of real estate in western countries. However the trillions of dollars issued to fund the American's lifestyle since 1944, is greater than the net worth of the USA.

The might of the US military will not allow this to happen.

Be afraid and don't believe what the politicians tell you."

Yep...spot on Patey, The only reason for the Iraq war was Saddam had started trading oil in Euros instead of the Dollar, the 1st thing the yanks did when the invaded was march traight to the oil ministry and reverse Saddams decision. Anyone doubting that just google "Petrodollar!"

g69
16-03-2015, 04:40 PM
CPWB He might need turning up some up you a cannot hear him
Must be a case of Pitch and Puting :D
UTC

ColdPieWarmBeer
16-03-2015, 06:07 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, g69, but I haven't a clue what you just said!

bluelabrador15
16-03-2015, 06:13 PM
hello_dave...states the following:

"...The only reason for the Iraq war was Saddam had started trading oil in Euros instead of the Dollar..."

I think the main reason is more likely the following:

Creating a country to neocon design and to “Project for the New American Century” requirements.

"The Zionist Plan for the Middle East, also known as the Yinon Plan, is an Israeli strategic plan to ensure Israeli regional superiority. It insists and stipulates that Israel must reconfigure its geo-political environment through the balkanization of the surrounding Arab states into smaller and weaker states...

... In Iraq, on the basis of the concepts of the Yinon Plan, Israeli strategists have called for the division of Iraq into a Kurdish state and two Arab states, one Shiite and the other Sunni...

..Aside from a divided Iraq, the Yinon Plan calls for a divided Lebanon, Egypt, and Syria. The Yinon Plan also calls for dissolution in North Africa and forecasts it as starting from Egypt and t

Patey
16-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Or more simply, just regime change to protect the interests of the United States.

bluelabrador15
16-03-2015, 06:33 PM
Hello Patey...

".. to protect the interests of the United States..."

I am curious to know how you would define the above comment. :;)

ColdPieWarmBeer
16-03-2015, 06:40 PM
... In Iraq, on the basis of the concepts of the Yinon Plan, Israeli strategists have called for the division of Iraq into a Kurdish state and two Arab states, one Shiite and the other Sunni...

Excuse my ignorance, but isn't that the preferred option for the Kurds, Sunnis and Shiites?

Imploding Turtle
16-03-2015, 06:43 PM
So it turns out he's still alive. :blue:

g69
16-03-2015, 06:51 PM
CPWB my post was referring to your post He's turned up The link shows a vid of Putin but with no sound just my cryptic pun ;D
UTC

Patey
16-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Hello Patey...

".. to protect the interests of the United States..."

I am curious to know how you would define the above comment.

Stable leadership of the Middle East and North Africa is not in the best interests of the United States.

The USA need to maintain the Petro Dollar to ensure they continue to get their oil for nothing. The only way to do that is to eliminate strong leaders and introduce their puppets.