PDA

View Full Version : Forest chopped down by five goal Clarets

ClaretTony2014
14-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Having come back from 2-0 down to beat Crystal Palace 4-2 three days earlier, Burnley were back at Turf Moor and this time demolished relegation haunted Nottingham Forest with a comprehensive 5-0 win.

With mixed results around us, this win lifted us to fifth in the table ahead of a run of three consecutive away games with Billy Davies' team having no answer to the rampant Clarets who scored goals of real quality.

Much talk had been about the potential for Jay Rodriguez to get his first ever league start having scored his first league goal in the Palace win. It didn't happen. He was on the bench again but he got an early chance when Steven Thompson was stretchered off with an ankle injury after just eight minutes.

The largely uninspiring first half was twice lit up by our Little Magician Robbie Blake. When we won a free kick on the left, jdrobbo, to my right, said: "He wants to drop this around the six yard line." My response was: "He wants to put it right into the top corner beyond

zumerzet_claret
14-03-2015, 11:07 AM
Jay Rod scored a wonder goal, curling a shot past the helpless goalkeeper from the left hand corner of the box, without doubt one of his best goals in Burnley colours,

Wonder goal indeed.

Better than Ade's cracker at Chelski?
Better than Wade's Wembley belter?
Not sure, but You just knew when they were hit that nothing was going to stop them going in the back of the net.
Out of the three though I rate the Jay goal as the best quality.