PDA

View Full Version : Move Server/Forum

CC_Claret
14-03-2015, 05:03 PM
I like visiting this site because you often get the gossip, stuff in the local papers etc. that is hard to get hold of if you've left the town and it is nice to be able to debate about how the team played, who should play where, moan a bit...

But, the company who runs these boards (footymad?) are awful. Asking to pay TWENTY POUNDS to view the forum for a year without adverts is outrageous, particularly when you consider the invasive nature of their advertising strategy. There is no mobile option, and the entire system reminds me of the kind of crappy 'Make-Your-Very-Own-Forum' technology I encountered when I was a teenager.

Considering there is a fairly large user base here, with a good number of active posters, is there any possibility of setting up a decent Burnley FC community website with a far better forum?

It wouldn't be free, but there is surely enough good will and passion for the club here to do a bit of a funding drive (fag packet calculations here, but I reckon if even 5

aggi
14-03-2015, 06:54 PM
I do hope CT is backing up as much as possible from here because, the way it's going at the moment, FootyMad is going to go down the pipes at some point.