View Full Version : Burnley v Man City-Player ratings

chekhov
14-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Can't see a thread so here it is...

ClaretTony2014
14-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Thanks, only just got back to computer.

As always:

Please leave ratings for all players who have played 20 mins or more.

Scoring is from 3 to 10 as follows:

10 - Out of this World
9 - Excellent
8 - Very Good
7 - Good
6 - Average
5 - Below Par
4 - Poor
3 - Abysmal

clareturion
14-03-2015, 07:39 PM
Heaton 7
Trippier 7
Duff 8
Shackell 8
Mee 7
Boyd 8
Arfield 8
Jones 7
Vokes 9
Ings 6
Barnes 7

Ward 6

Bloody marvellous result
Bloody marvellous performance

taio
14-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Heaton 7
Trippier 7
Duff 8
Shackell 8
Mee 7
Boyd 9*
Arfield 8
Jones 7
Barnes 7
Vokes 7
Ings 6

lowbankclaret
14-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Heaton. - 6 only because he had nothing to do.
Tripps. - 8 great game , best for a long time.
Duff. - 8 ermm why so long to bring him back. Stupid . Great game from him
Shacks - 8 solid cause Duff was there too
Mee - 7 no faults today did very well
Boyd - 9. For the goal and the points.
Jones - 7 does what he does
Scott - 7 did ok
Barnes - 8 if I could give a half I would , he was immense today. Worked his rocks off and got several shots away.
Vokes. - 7 gives us a different dimension and we need it to keep pressure off the back four. Again why so long before he gets a start. Needs to start every game until the end of the season.
Ings - 6 again frustrated the life out of me. Has talent but first touch and being dispossessed is really harming his game and his stats.

A great win that was unexpected but keeps us in touch. Another win from no where and we might do the unexpected and stay up

cricketfield72
14-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Too soon to reflect really and just back from the pub but here goes...

Heaton 9
Trippier 9
Duff 9
Shackell 9
Mee 9
Boyd 10
Arfield 9
Jones 8
Vokes 9
Ings 8
Barnes 9

bf2k
14-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Heaton - 7 - Not a lot to do but looked very comfortable

Trippier - 8 - Great engine today. Kept their left hand side quite
Mee - 7 - Got out of jail with a poor tackle at the end but other than that played well
Shackell - 8 - Looked solid and used the ball well (for a change)
Duff - 8 - as Shacks. I feel for Keane but we look better with him in the defence

Arfield - 9:star: - Bossed that midfield. Worked hard. Brilliant
Jones - 8 - He had a good game but I think he still needs to move the ball quicker
Boyd - 9 - Superb goal. Excellent workrate. He's just a very good player
Barnes - 8 - Played well in a different role than he'd like for the team and for that he's got to take some respect.

Ings - 6 - He shows some brilliance but lets it all down by not realising he plays with 10 other guys. Then he goes on to have a go at his team mates. Use the ball better Danny!
Vokes - 8 - God we've missed him. Strength and power and uses the ball very well.

Dyche - 10 - Got it spot on. He's chan

mkmel
14-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Heaton 7
Trippier 7
Duff 8
Shackell 9*
Mee 7
Boyd 8
Arfield 8
Jones 8
Vokes 8
Ings 6
Barnes 8

Ward 6

mkmel
14-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Cricketfield looking at your scores would never have guessed you're just back from the pub :D

IanMcL
14-03-2015, 08:08 PM
I could be picky and say Ings was beloe par and Vokes was immense. I could praise Barnes for his duel role, Shackell for heroics at the back and Boyd for his long leg interceptions and superb strike for a great goal. However, tonight everyone of the team, the subs, the management and the crowd performed as one.

We are Burnley and the collective deserves 10 each.

MDWat
14-03-2015, 08:10 PM
As good as anything we've seen in the Premier League over two spells.

Heaton 7 - hard to give higher - he had jack all to do.
Trippier 8 - distribution poor but as good a defensive performance as I've seen from Trips.
Duff 9 - what you see is what you get.
Shackell 9 - master of the captaincy
Mee 8 - stuck to his task extremely well but got away with the football equivalent of murder at the death.
Boyd 8 - thought he was average first half but absolutely brilliant in the second.
Arfield 9 - as good a performance as he has put in for us.
Jones 8 - what you see is what you get.
Barnes 8 - a disciplined performance
Ings 9 - just a delight to watch. Light years ahead of his team mates in the head.
Vokes 9 - he's back.

Boliclaret
14-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Heaton 8
Trippier 8
Mee 8 (Deserves extra praise, his distribution isn't always great but he was outstanding overall today)
Duff 9 :star: (What a difference, we look far less naive with duffer at CH)
Shackell 9 (Benefitted from having Mr evergreen next to him)
Jones 8
Barnes 8 (fired up and a constant menace as usual)
Arfield 8 (Best game in a long long while)
Boyd 8 (Grew into the game more and more, what a goal and his fitness was incredible)
Vokes 8 (So strong)
Ings 7 (Frustrating at times but some real touches of class)

That was so typical Burnley, when we're really up against it they can put in a display like that. this is why we love em.

kaptin1
14-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Heaton 7 - rating more a reflection of fact he didn't really have a lot to do

Trippier 8 - one excellent interception in second half when City tried a 1-2 in our box
Duff 9 - like he'd never been away
Shackell 9 - last ditch tackle in first half was world class
Mee 8 - coped well against Navas' pace

Boyd 10 - phenomenal performance and the winning goal
Arfield 9 - his best game for a while
Jones 9 - midfield dynamo
Barnes 8 - didn't look out of place on the wing

Ings 8 - some great touches but still guilty of hanging onto the ball too long
Vokes 9 - bullied De Michaelis and held the ball up well

Ward / Reid - not on long enough to rate

Make no mistake, we got what we deserved by hard work and determination which made one of the best sides in the world look average. Thought City's midfield two were particularly woeful. Yaya Toure looked totally disinterested?

Cirrus_Minor
14-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Heston 7
Tripper 8
Duff 9
Shackell 9
Mee 8
Boyd 9
Afield 9
Jones 8
Barnes 7
Ings 7
Vokes 9

Best performance this season. Vokes makes hell of a difference.

Boliclaret
14-03-2015, 08:25 PM
Mee 8 - coped well against Navas' pace

Totally agree which is why I singled him out for extra praise. Stuck to him well overall, I think Mees been superb whilst Wards been out.

mkmel
14-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Heston 7

Cirrus_Minor,Heston plays for Charlton :)

Boliclaret
14-03-2015, 08:37 PM
He looked quite emotional at the end.

Maybe he saw the Statue of Liberty.

lowbankclaret
14-03-2015, 08:40 PM
MDWat
I want some of the drugs your on. A 9 for Ings.

Some people are blind to what's in front of them. He was just slightly above crap today. I was being kind in my post

ClaretTony2014
14-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Absolutely magnificent. Only disappointment today was Aguero being my fantasy team captain. :D :D :D :D

Marks reflect the overall quality of our performance

Heaton 7
Trippier 8
Duff 9
Shackell 9
Mee 8
Boyd 9
Arfield 9
Jones 8
Barnes 8
Ings 7
Vokes 9

Difficult to choose man of the match but Vokes edges it for me although felt he should have gone off a good ten mins earlier as he tired. I don't think he lost a header in the first 70 mins.

I was there last time we beat them in October 1974 - 2-1 with goals from Paul Fletcher and Jeff Clarke (og).

Dyche was told on interview tonight that he was aged 3 last time Burnley beat City. His response was: "I was a good looking three year old though."

Magnificent, fantastic day.

daveisaclaret
14-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Heaton 7
Trippier 8
Duff 9
Shackell 9
Mee 8
Boyd 9
Arfield 7
Jones 7
Barnes 7
Ings 6
Vokes 10

That was Sam Vokes' first ever Premier League start? Some people will play hundreds without dominating a defence like that, never mind the champions' defence.

We were amazing today, it helps that City were quite poor (they were incredibly cautious in possession, even at the end, that they never looked like they were trying to make chances) but a team of that quality rightly expects to beat the bottom teams while off their game. Probably the most impressive result we've got in my lifetime.

MDWat
14-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Or my opinion just differs to yours, Lowbank?

You've been on a one-man crusade criticising Ings since the beginning of the season, to be fair.

ksrclaret
14-03-2015, 08:55 PM
On a personal note I'm absolutely gutted that this was the first home game of the season I've missed due to work commitments but watching on TV what a fantastic performance and one of the greatest results we've achieved in quite a while.

Just thought I'd add that the only player in that starting 11 that wasn't with us last season was Boyd and he grabbed the winner. Very proud.

Rowls
14-03-2015, 09:04 PM
Remember chaps we've just beaten the champions of England so mark accordingly.
Heaton 8
Stripper 10
Shackell 10
Duff 10
Mee 9
Boyd 10 MOM
Arfield 10
Jones 10
Barnes 9
Vokes 10
Ings 9

strayclaret
14-03-2015, 09:08 PM
Heaton 7
Trippier 7
Duff 8
Shackell 8
Mee 7
Boyd 8
Arfield 8
Jones 7
Vokes 9
Ings 6
Barnes 7

Fan pigging tastic

buxtonclaret
14-03-2015, 09:25 PM
Heaton 7
Trippier 7
Duff 9
Shackell 9
Mee 8
Boyd 9
Arfield 9
Jones 8
Barnes 8
Ings 7
Vokes 9

I'd four to pick from for my MoM.
Boyd for an outstanding second half and superb goal.
Arfield & Duff who were excellent.
But big Sam gets it for worrying the crap out of them throughout.

Great the way SD changed us today.
Game plan worked too, the way we started the second half and shoved it up 'em.

10 out of 10 for the crowd too.
Magnificent backing!

UTC

Duffer_
14-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Heating 8 - looked comfortable if inactive
Stripper 9 - most of our good work came down the right
Me 9 - bit lucky with the pen decision but when Dyche talks about the growth of the team, he must have BM in mind
Duffer 10 -and to think I was a bit worried about his selection today - what a fool I am
Shaquil 10 - great distribution with that dinked pass in to central midfield adds a dimension to one of the most solid defensive displays I've seen in a Claret shirt
Airfix 9 - what a difference another body in midfield makes - looked a yard sharper in the tackle and was progressive
Jonah 10 - always available and moved it well - seemed to have an extra second to play today
Buoyed 10 MOM - how does he cover the ground he does? Fabulous goal capped a stunning second half
Burns 9 - I thought there were ominous signs in the first 5 as he'd didn't seem to understand what he was being asked to do. Adapted well and was the striker trusted to stay on and "effect" the game
Ingots 8 - alright
Voles

claretspice
14-03-2015, 09:56 PM
One for the ages.

Heaton - 8 - Barely tested, but his handling was immaculate throughout and whilst he doesn't always dominate his area, his handling of low crosses is really top class.

Trippier - 8 - He'll have to retain the ball better if he wants to reach the level of teams like City but he was a real outlet on the right and his defending was absolutely outstanding on the night.

Mee - 8 - Dealt fantastically well with City's principal attacking weapon - Navas despite being exposed a little at times by Barnes' unfamiliarity with the role in front of him.

Duff - 8 - The grand old man keeps rolling on. His own performance was solid; the effect he had on the performances of those around him, notably Arfield and Trippier was equally, if not more, significant.

Shackell - 8 - As commanding as he's been in weeks, and his block in the first half to deny Dzeko was outstanding.

Arfield - 9 - Best performance for Burnley; his positioning defensively has been a weakness in the past but, p

Rowls
14-03-2015, 10:25 PM
I posted my marks from a tablet so couldn't write a lot of explanation but I want to make a quick point.

I'm not sure the phrase "at sixes and sevens" originates from marking things out of ten. I doubt it does.

However, in this context at no point today were we "at sixes and sevens". In no way can beating the champions of England be described as "at sixes and sevens".

Sixes and sevens is for respectable away draws in the championship or plucky cup ties against teams in divisions above us.

Sixes and sevens is not for when you beat the champions of England and their best chance of scoring is when a full back collapses in our box and asks the ref for a penalty.

Today we were all at Eights, Nines and Tens.

UTC

SiClaret
14-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Heaton 7
Trip pier 8
Shackell 9
Duff 8
Mee 8
Barnes 8
Jones 8
Airfield 9
Boyd 9
Vokes 8
Barnes 8
Ings 7

DavetheVicar
14-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Heaton 7
Trippier 8
Mee 8
Duff 9
Shackell 9
Boyd 9
Arfield 9
Jones 8
Barnes 8
Ings 7
Vokes 9

Fantastic performance.

Bin_Ont_Turf
14-03-2015, 10:36 PM
'it helps that City were quite poor'

Every side that we have got something from this season has been poor (apparently according to opposition fans and pundits).

Last season every team that we got something from played poorly, according to their own supporters.

What a coincidence and what luck we are having.

MDWat
14-03-2015, 10:39 PM
City were poor due to the fact that we were so good in closing them down.

Bobcloth2
14-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Heaton 7 did everything well
Trippier 7 poor passing in first half, far better in 2nd
Duff 8 welcome back
Shackell 8 against one of the best
Mee 7 another good performance, would like to see his booking again, wasn't convinced at time.
Boyd 8 hopefully added to the Alan Partridges commentary.
Arfield 8 excellent today
Jones 8 having to play himsrlf and bring on an apprentice.
Vokes 9 such a boost to have him back
Ings 7 didn't think it was his best game but still puts sides on back foot.
Barnes 6 out of position but did his best.

What a result, how can anyone not be proud of the effort and endeavour this side displays.

Steve_Harpers_Perm
14-03-2015, 10:53 PM
Heaton 7 Nowt to do.
Trippier 7 sloppy first half tremendous 2nd
Mee 7 solid as usual
Duff 9 welcome return a class act
Shackell 9 as above hope a new contract is near
Jones 7 grew into the game
Arfield 8 fantastic display
Boyd 8 quiet first but half what a strike.
Ings 7 worked hard but needs to pick the simple decision at times.
Vokes 9 inmense what a massive miss he has been.
Barnes 7 quiet opening but grew into game.

Peter_Nobles_Wig
14-03-2015, 10:58 PM
Heaton 7
Trippier 8
Duff 8
Shackell 8
Mee 7
Boyd 9 :star:
Arfield 8
Jones 8
Vokes 8
Ings 7
Barnes 7

Ward 6

So PROUD !!!

cubanclaret
14-03-2015, 11:25 PM
Heaton 8
Trippier 9
Duff 9
Shackell 9
Mee 9
Boyd 9
Arfield 9* (so pleased for him as he's taken some unfair flak)
Jones 8
Barnes 8
Ings 8
Vokes 8
-/
Ward 7

DiBranchio
14-03-2015, 11:43 PM
Heaton - 7 Easiest game of the season. >:)
Trippier - 8 Not at his best for crosses but superb defensively.
Duffers - 8 Welcome back, but silly booking brought about by his own crap pass.
Shackell 9. MOM. First half match defining tackle was magnificent. (You can let Kun out of your back pocket now Shacks). ;)
Mee 8 Got lucky with the penalty shout, but otherwise solid as a rock.
George 8 Largely subdued first half, but what a goal.
Jones 7 Frustrating how he dally's on the ball sometimes but wasn't outplayed by Haha Toure.
Arfield 8 Like others have said, possibly his best game in a claret shirt.
Barnes 8 I love watching this lad, very underrated.
Ings 8 All the skill in the world who gets fans up of their seats, but... ...
Vokes 9 Well after that performance, we certainly have a centre forward who doesn't look out of place at this level.

(If I could just mention the lino on the Bob Lord side in the second half, please feel free to make a decision sometime during your care

daveisaclaret
14-03-2015, 11:44 PM
"Every side that we have got something from this season has been poor (apparently according to opposition fans and pundits)."

Not in my opinion, I think a majority of our points have been earned against teams playing to their potential.

"Last season every team that we got something from played poorly, according to their own supporters."

We had the best first eleven in the Championship last season as far as I could tell, so again not in my opinion.

"What a coincidence and what luck we are having."

This is silly and juvenile and I think this messageboard would probably better if there were no posters of your ilk feeling a need to criticise any post suggesting Burnley aren't perfect.

gogogadgetlegs
14-03-2015, 11:44 PM
Don't normally bother but I'm well chuffed

Heaton 8
Trippier 7
Duff 8
Shackell 8
Mee 8
Boyd 8
Arfield 8
Jones 7
Vokes 9 :star:
Ings 6
Barnes 7

Ward 6

DarkCloud
14-03-2015, 11:49 PM
Heaton 7 (only because he was mostly a spectator)
Tripps 8 (crossing below par today when Citeh actually gave him plenty of room)
Shackell 9
Duff 9
Mee 9
Boyd 9
Arfield 9 MOM (A fantstic display from a free transfer Uddersfield cast off who made the man mountain who is Yaya Toure look distinctly second rate)
Jones 8 (still a bit too dithery at times)
Barnes 8
Vokes 9 (Great show from a chap whose not started a game in forever! Gave us much needed ariel supremacy)
Ings 7 (I sort of agree with the school who admire his great touches and skills 40 yards from goal, but get frustrated at the lack of pass or awareness of colleagues and the fact that he doesn't show the skills often enough where it will really hurt the opposition. Tonight I also thought Citeh made a point of marking him so tightly as they knew he was a real threat and that allowed Sam and Barnes - and Boyd more space and that was Citeh's undoing)
Subs N/A

Dyche 10 (bravely changed the team and got the rewards. Well done!)

Bin_Ont_Turf
15-03-2015, 12:22 AM
'This is silly and juvenile and I think this messageboard would probably better if there were no posters of your ilk feeling a need to criticise any post suggesting Burnley aren't perfect'

Sort yourself out Dave you soft sod.

I know that Burnley aren't perfect but I also know that we effect what the opposition does. We don't seem to get any credit for that.

You say that it helped Man City being poor, I say that it helped us making them look poor.

daveisaclaret
15-03-2015, 12:25 AM
"You say that it helped Man City being poor, I say that it helped us making them look poor."

I say both.

It's not a criticism of Burnley to say Man City were poor by their standards and so there's no reason to react to it like it is.

dallasclaret
15-03-2015, 12:26 AM
I'm not gonna do scores as it will be a repetition of 9's and 10's, but just to put the performance into perspective...

Duff played one cup game since his injury - immense

Arfield, played out of position - immense
Barnes, played out of position - immense

Vokes, 1st start in the PL - immense

Mindblowing what our lads achieved today :heart:

Bin_Ont_Turf
15-03-2015, 12:28 AM
Were they poor by their standards because they didn't roll us over 4 nil?

Edit - Sh1te late night grammar

daveisaclaret
15-03-2015, 12:30 AM
They were poor by their standards because they didn't play as well as they usually do.

ColdPieWarmBeer
15-03-2015, 12:32 AM
We can only play the shyte that's in front of us.

edit-just to add; all things considered, him playing out of position and doing so against City's midfield, I think that's the best game Arfield has ever played for us.

Bin_Ont_Turf
15-03-2015, 12:33 AM
And that had nothing to do with us then Dave?

daveisaclaret
15-03-2015, 12:41 AM
Please point out to me where I've said it had nothing to do with us.

We did a great job of countering what they did and nullifying their strengths, as reflected in the ratings I've given our players and as we've done on all but about three occasions this season.

That doesn't change that their key players performed worse than their ability in the face of our resistance. It's right to point out that we contributed to it, but it's also right to accept that if the likes of Aguero and Toure were on top of their games they'd have done better than they did today.

It'd be no surprise if Barcelona beat these 1-0 in midweek. To me, that puts into context how well we did today but it also puts into context how well they are capable of playing against teams that stifle the opposition.

They didn't do as well as players of their talent would be expected to against us today. There's no need to act like that's a criticism of Burnley. They could have been more ambitious, moved the ball forward bett

Bin_Ont_Turf
15-03-2015, 12:57 AM
Fair enough Dave.

We trounced them though :)

RhodesyClaret
15-03-2015, 01:42 AM
Heaton 7
Trippier 8
Duff 7
Shackell 8
Mee 7
Boyd 8
Arfield 6
Jones 8
Vokes 8
Ings 7
Barnes 7

Couple of players out of position but did excellent!!

I still say Jones is an unsung hero!! Well done lads...brilliant result!

Ward 6

fungus_the_bogeyman
15-03-2015, 04:22 AM
Like I've said on this thread before, it's all about opinions, but I'm really not sure how anyone marks Arfield at 6 today. Must have been rating based on previous games! Simply sensational IMO...he and Jonah simply bossed Toure in the middle of the park. As others have said...by far his best performance in a Burnley shirt.

charlieinkentucky
15-03-2015, 05:12 AM
not marking because I watched it over here on the TV but wanted to hold my hand up because I've been critical recently of Arfield (who I don't think has grasped that position yet) Boyd (who I don't care how far he runs, set someone up occasionally please) and Jones (0 assists all year)

All 3 were exceptional and to be honest Jones totally opened my eyes because I think that's what did Toure and Fernandino in.

Receive, turn, pass and move for it back all night long. Kept that ball rolling constantly and I think they were just ****ed off at chasing around midfield all evening.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-03-2015, 05:38 AM
No ifs ands or buts.
TEN for EACH player.
They were awesome to a man.
Let nothing take the shine off an absolutely awesome performance.
Arfield was all over Toure and that takes some doing!

icl1
15-03-2015, 09:53 AM
A remarkable night on Tí Turf; it was one of the occasions when you can felt the positivity/expectation in the air before the match and the team responded to it and the crowd responded to the team which fed the positivity which the team responded to...you get my drift.
Like a lot of people I was surprised at the team selection, but fair play to Dyche it certainly worked as we reduced City to few real (any?) chances on goal, having said that we had few chances as well but we did have Boyd; what a shift that man put in. The only very slight criticism was Danny in the second half three times in succession trying to play a really difficult pass in the final third when easier options were available, which gave possession back to City allowing them to make quick counter attacks.
We got a slice of luck with their penalty appeal, apart from that we closed the game out very professionally.

Heaton 8
Trippier 8
Mee 8
Duff 9
Shackell 9
Boyd 9
Arfield 9
Jones 8
Barnes 8
Ings 7
Vokes 9

An awesome

claretphil
15-03-2015, 10:28 AM
Heaton 7

Mee 8
Shackell 9
Duff 8
Trippier 8

Barnes 7
Jones 8
Arfield 8
Boyd 8

Ings 7
Vokes 9

claretblue
15-03-2015, 10:34 AM
Heaton 7
Mee 8
Shackell 8
Duff 8
Trippier 9
Barnes 7
Jones 8
Arfield 8
Boyd 9 :star:
Ings 7
Vokes 8

crowd/atmosphere 9

Colburn_Claret
15-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Heaton 7
Trippier 8
Duff 9 MOM
Shackell 8
Mee 8
Boyd 9
Arfield 8
Jones 7
Vokes 8
Ings 7
Barnes 8

Great team effort.

Good to see Duff back, does exactly what it says on the tin.

Good to see Ward back, lost none of his fight.

I think it worked well and looked good playing VIngs up front and Ash Wide.

Not Scotty Arfields best game, but definitely his best in that centre mid role.

Proud as punch UTC

claretMat
15-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Heaton 7- not a great deal to do but very solid handling when called upon.
Trippier 8- defended brilliantly. A few question marks over his distribution over the last few game,a both in terms of execution and selection. I'm sure he will improve on that though.
Duff 9- he was brilliant. His reading of the game really does make a big difference.
Shackell 8- very good as he has been pretty much all season.
Mee 7- did well against Navas.
Boyd 9* I thought he was fairly ordinary in thirst half. He was the best player on the pitch in the second. His closing down, and composure ion the ball was excellent. Not a bad strike either!
Airfield 8 - probably best I've seen him centrally. Maybe could have done a little better with a couple of passes in the first half when in good positions.
Jones 8- excellent work rate. Retained the ball pretty well but again slightly ponderous at times.
Barnes 7- clearly not entirely comfortable there but worked very hard and caused them some problems too.
Voles 8-

jdrobbo
15-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Heaton 8

Mee 8
Shackell 9
Duff 9
Trippier 8

Barnes 8
Jones 8
Arfield 8
Boyd 8

Ings 8
Vokes 9

Decades
15-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Heaton 7 - Not tested much but reliable when called upon
Trippier 8 - played well.
Duff 8 - We looked more solid in defence with him back in the team
Shackell 8 - defended well as ever, consistent performer
Mee 8 - excellent apart from the 'penalty'
Boyd 9* - immense, and well taken goal
Arfield 9 - out of position but we didn't miss Marney and that was down to him. Agree that this was probably his best performance for us, given that he was out of position.
Jones 8 - back to his usual self, has looked a bit edgy in recent games.
Vokes 8 - suggested last week he needed to start, and he made a real difference to our overall performance. This performance was the closest we've been to performing as we did last season and this is much due to Vokes playing again.
Ings 7 - didn't really work for him today, sometimes he tries to make the killer pass, when he needs to play the simple pass and keep possession.
Barnes 7 - out of position but a big improvement on Kightly's performance last week.

ClaretTony2014
15-03-2015, 12:15 PM
"Not Scotty Arfields best game, but definitely his best in that centre mid role."

Interesting how we see things. Arfield got mom on the ground last home game and I thought he was our worst player. Yesterday I thought he was as good as I've ever seen him in any position.

FCBurnley
15-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Missed the game due to work so obviously no ratings. Just want to add my congrats to the team and I am pleased to read that the Turf Moor crowd turned up and made some noise. Well done to SD for playing Barnes Vokes and Ings together. Could never understand why Vokes was on bench with Kightly playing. Also a great call to bring Duff back. Keane is young and still learning his trade so a break will do him good. Still almost a quarter of the season left so all to play for. Yesterday was an amazing result.

JohnAngusFan
15-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Heaton 8
Trippier 8
Duff 8
Shackell 8
Mee 8
Boyd 8
Arfield 8
Jones 8
Vokes 8*
Ings 8
Barnes 8

Blakey
15-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Heaton 7
Trippier 8
Mee 8
Duff 8
Shackell 8
Jones 7
Arfield 8
Boyd 8
Barnes 8
Vokes 9
Ings 7

ClaretTony2014
15-03-2015, 05:30 PM
"Could never understand why Vokes was on bench with Kightly playing."

Pretty obvious. Kightly played well when he came back in at a time when Vokes was nowhere near ready to start a game.

claretshaun
15-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Great night and win. Dont buy in to this Burnley only won because City were poor rubbish.
Heaton 7- cant remember a testing shot to save but did what he had to.
Trippier 8- solid both forward and back.
Mee 9- top class stopping crosses and compact
Duff 9- composed which spread through the team. No coincidence clean sheet on his return.
Shackell 9- Back to his early season form.
Jones 8- negated city's midfield.
Arfield 9*-much better than of late.
Boyd 9-unlucky with first effort. Can play aswell as run forever.
Barnes 8- may not be a natural left winger but did sterling work.
Vokes 9- lead line well on first start and will only improve with more game time.
Ings 9- cant believe the negativity and bitter comments. We will miss him and just hope he continues to try and keep us up

thelifeofbrian
15-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Heaton 8- couple of decent save and positioning very good
Trippier 8-a very reliable defender
Mee 8- looking sharper and getting tighter to the defender- clumsy tackle for the Not given penalty
Duff 9- welcome return
Shackell 9- captain reliable
Boyd 9 MOM what a goal...
Arfield 9 here there and everwhere
Jones 9- Mr composure in the midfield- greta game
Barnes 7 did ok- gave the ball away a lot though
Ings 7- needs to look up and pass the ball sometimes
Vokes 7- welcome back sam

Manager- 10- got it spot on today and subs used very well

sheffieldturfite
15-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Heaton 7

Mee 7 - one off for the pen wrongly not given
Shackell 9
Duff 9
Trippier 8

Barnes 7
Jones 9
Arfield 9
Boyd 8

Ings 6
Vokes 9

Fantastic performance but one where City were not at the races and I didn't think it matched Liverpool at home first half, or United away first half, for example.

We stopped them playing to a degree but other errors were inexplicable - the one where Aguero could have slid in Silva but delayed it and then played a terrible ball, that is unheard of. As was Aguero missing the target with a sitter header.

A special word for Arfield and Jones who ruled the roost but were helped by Toure jogging around for most of the match. Arfield looked better with Duff behind him to organise him, and Shackell was back to his best too, winning headers and blocks. Vokes did a great job and it is obvious he is viewed by Dyche as being better than Barnes but was being eased in gently. Barnes though is the best option for that wide left role at home though I would play Kig

moltisanti
15-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Kightly was unlucky to be dropped earlier in the season , and does play better away from turf moor , probably for a reason !

bleedingClaret
15-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Heaton 9
Trippier 9
Duff 9
Shackell 9
Mee 9
Boyd 10
Arfield 9
Jones 9
Vokes 10 mom
Ings 9
Barnes 9

Dyche 10

Luisfigo2015
15-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Heaton - 8
Trippier - 8
Mee - 8
Duff - 8 - looks much more solid with him in.
Shackell - 9
Arfield - 8
Jones - 8 - gets some stick on here from time to time, not sure what those posters are watching. One of best CMs in my 25 years watching the clarets.
Barnes - 7 - did well out of position.
Boyd - 8
Vokes - 9 - great to have him back.
Ings - 8 - won the free kick for the goal.

down_rover
15-03-2015, 08:41 PM
Heaton 7
Trippier 9
Duff 9
Shackell 8
Mee 8
Jones 9
Arfield 9 MOM
Boyd 8
Barnes8
Ings 7
Vokes 9

the_quoon
15-03-2015, 09:02 PM
heaton - 8 not a lot to do but did it well

trippier - 8 excellent defensively and offensively. poor form pretending to be injured when challenged by demichelis near the end, he doesn't need to do that.

mee - 8 dealt very well with navas, fortunate not to concede a penalty for his challenge on zabaleta

duff - 10 a few raised eyebrows when he wasd in the starting 11 but they were soon lowered. obviously these are high marks but him and

shackell - 10 reduced the likes of aguero, dzeko and bony to one clear chance. shackell's first half tackle on dzeko was as good as boyd's goal.

jones - 9 and

arfield - 9 seems strange giving such high marks to these two when possession-wise we only had 30% but it goes to show its not how much of the ball you have, its what you do with it that counts. both were industrious, kept the ball moving and displayed no little skill.

barnes - 7 did a decent job, left mee a bit too exposed at times but thats understandable.

boyd - 9 a strike so perf

nil_desperandum
15-03-2015, 11:25 PM
"Kightly has been poor for weeks and Vokes has been fully fit."
I suspect that if you were to ask Sam, he would tell you that he is still working his way back to full fitness, but he certainly looked a lot sharper yesterday.
No way would he have been effective for 95 minutes.

fungus_the_bogeyman
16-03-2015, 12:29 AM
Heaton 7
Trippier 9
Mee 8
Duff 9
Shackell 9
Boyd 9*
Barnes 7
Jones 9
Arfield 9
Ings 7
Vokes 9

A simply stunning performance.

NottsClaret
16-03-2015, 08:08 AM
Heaton 8
Trippier 8
Duff 9
Shackell 9
Mee 8
Jones 8
Arfield 9
Boyd 8
Barnes 8
Ings 8
Vokes 9

It was ridiculous how good Duff and Vokes were after long spells out.

SmithybridgeClaret1
16-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Heaton 7
Trippier 8
Duff 9
Shackell 9
Mee 9
Boyd 9
Arfield 9
Jones 8
Barnes 8
Ings 6
Vokes 10

neild100
16-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Heaton 8
Trippier 8
Duff 9 - back at last!
Shackell 9 - Duff back means Shackell plays better
Mee 8
Boyd 9*
Arfield 8 - needs more guile rather than the obvious pass. Best game so far in the middle though.
Jones 8
Barnes 9 - combative and kept the midfield shape well
Ings 8
Vokes 7