PDA

View Full Version : we wont miss danny ings

sykerjoe
14-03-2015, 08:26 PM
having watched his displays -especially against the top teams i think he,s way over rated -ok he has a nice touch but against top defenders he looks short of ideas -today especially he looked naive to say the least -also very greedy which is ok if you score but he didnt get anywhere near today -get vokes and barnes up front for the rest of the season and we will stay up -ok he,s still young and i really hope he makes the grade but he,s going so i dont really care what he does after leaving the mighty clarets .

taio
14-03-2015, 08:28 PM
He's either scored or assisted half of our goals.

Boliclaret
14-03-2015, 08:28 PM
Harsh! :/

Bin_Ont_Turf
14-03-2015, 08:29 PM
The brain is a very useful organ, sometimes.

bf2k
14-03-2015, 08:29 PM
I hope you've got your tin hat and ration kit at the ready because you're about to be peppered.

For the record I thought his decision making today was awful but he's still a very good player.

mgill87
14-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Ings is a very good player. However there were a couple of times today where he was a bit greedy and tried to do it all on his own - both times he lost the ball and City countered.

beddie
14-03-2015, 08:33 PM
Once he starts to get good service he will become a top player.

thedonz
14-03-2015, 08:36 PM
Syker - I think we need to be as selfish in attitude as Ings. The more goals he scores the better chance we have of staying up and it may even affect the tribunal price.

I do understand your sentiments and he is well down my list of top English strikers but he will give defences like Leicester and Hull the runaround.

sykerjoe
14-03-2015, 08:36 PM
his workrate is good dont get me wrong -but hes not as good as charlie austin or harry kane -in my opinion of course !

taio
14-03-2015, 08:39 PM
We've just had a massive win beyond anyone's expectations and you feel the need to start criticising one of our players. Well done.

ClaretTony2014
14-03-2015, 08:43 PM
We will miss him. All teams miss quality footballers when they lose them. He has faults but he's 22 and learning the game. He'll only get better and better.

daveisaclaret
14-03-2015, 08:52 PM
We have won 1 (one) game this season without Ings playing well. So, you know...

MDWat
14-03-2015, 08:52 PM
We won't miss him? Cripes. Big statement.

1fatclaret
14-03-2015, 08:59 PM
It's not a big statement, it's both stupid and wrong one.

Inns had a bad game today, but he still scared the bejeesus out of a 100 million back 5.

sykerjoe
14-03-2015, 09:00 PM
yes a fantastic win today and i,m not being negative but the guy is leaving at the end of the season and because he didnt sign a new contract its losing burnley fc a lot of money -all i,m saying is we have a team good enough to stay up without him now-vokes did an excellent job today for his first start so why not put him and barnes up front -ings hardly shined today did he ? just to add he,s not here next season so why not play the front two who will be here ?

ksrclaret
14-03-2015, 09:02 PM
I'll certainly miss watching Vokes and Ings combine to terrorise defence after defence.

One of the best striking partnerships for many a year

taio
14-03-2015, 09:03 PM
No Ings didn't shine today. But people don't normally reach such ridiculous conclusions based on one performance. See post no. 2.

sykerjoe
14-03-2015, 09:09 PM
i havent reached this conclusion from todays performance -this is from all season -he had a good spell for a few games but he,s not a team player and the sooner we adjust to not having him the better -am i really that far off the mark ?

Gnulty
14-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Oh Danny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling...from down in Spain and up to merseyside.. Maybe you'll stay, when all you see is mo...ney, and that we play good football anyway...:)

taio
14-03-2015, 09:10 PM
Yeah.

'the sooner we adjust to not having him the better'

and that statement is just plain daft given we are in a relegation battle.

1fatclaret
14-03-2015, 09:26 PM
So ings isn't a team player, we won't miss him and the sooner we get used to playing without him, the better? There's been some cretinous bollox spouted on here, but that's right up there.

BelialofBacup
14-03-2015, 09:29 PM
I kind of get what the OP is saying..however, we will miss someone who has produced so much for us over the past couple of years.

I just think he's trying a bit too hard to show what he can do at the moment rather than help out showing what the team can do

claret_dave99
14-03-2015, 09:31 PM
I watched the last 30 mins on tv today unfortunately so can't comment on his overall performance. He ran at their defence numerous times and they looked nervous. He invited fouls and his touch was
fantastic.

Any one who doesn't think we will miss him, is basically mental.

I honestly believe he'll play a good number of games for England and think he'll be a perfect fit for liverpool. Unfortunately he is rapidly outgrowing us and you can see he's a big step ahead of the rest of our team.

ksrclaret
14-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Ings role within the team is about taking risks with the ball and being greedy in front of goal.

Okay so it doesn't always come off, but what a talent he is and I'm not sure his efforts to the cause can be questioned.

sykerjoe
14-03-2015, 09:40 PM
fat claret do you really think ings is a team player ? in a few months he,s leaving burnley-thats his choice he wants better things than we can give him -fair enough -thierry henry said today he needs to be careful because its a lot harder at the top four teams and if he starts off bad he,ll struggle -he has ambition but he needs to be careful -he has no pressure here but he will have at the bigger clubs -time will tell

Burnlea
14-03-2015, 10:10 PM
Well I'll miss him, and sort your apostrophes out.

claretchrish
14-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Dyche doesn't wave his arms around enough either.

Overrated, the pair of them

jojomk1
14-03-2015, 10:16 PM
He's going at the end of the season and I wish him well
But I am confident that, in Vokes and Barnes, we will have a front two that will give their all next season whatever league we are in, and will score plenty of goals between them

Bobcloth2
14-03-2015, 10:20 PM
I often wonder why fans, opposition fans, press, pundits, most people rave about Danny Ings.

Such a quandary.

aggi
14-03-2015, 10:25 PM
I like the complaint that he isn't as good as Harry Kane. We should probably get rid of Boyd too, he's not as good as Oscar.

oldcolner
14-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Maybe Danny's recent performances will reduce interest in him elsewhere.
That would be no bad thing for us.

daveisaclaret
14-03-2015, 11:47 PM
"Maybe Danny's recent performances will reduce interest in him elsewhere.
That would be no bad thing for us."

He's going to leave and an independent tribunal is going to decide his value - bad performances and lessened interest will be doubly bad for us.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-03-2015, 05:26 AM
I wonder if we perform the miracle of avoiding relegation, he might just decide his future is with us?
It seems like the tactic of a fairly decent poker player!
I wonder..?
Incidentally, the addition of Vokes and Duff gave us serious physical and aerial clout which allowed Danny to play his normal game. We will obviously miss him should he decide his future lays elsewhere but I don't think the fat lady has finished her song - just yet.

ClaretandBrown
15-03-2015, 06:26 AM
Danny ings has been a credit to Burnley FC both on and off the pitch. He will be missed.

claretspice
15-03-2015, 09:41 AM
"we wont miss danny ings"

Yes we will.

Ings is getting a bad press for being greedy here. He was a couple of times and once Dyche went beserk on the touchline.

But they showed one example of him "being greedy" on MOTD last night and it turns out that, instead, he'd actually pointed to the run he wanted Vokes to make and Vokes, perhaps lacking a bit of sharpness, didn't make it and instead stood still (it would've been a re-run of a goal Vokes scored against Reading at the Turf last season). Jones sort of did, a couple of seconds later, but by then the chance had gone. Perhaps Danny should have checked and just made sure we kept possession rather than trying to force the pass when the door had been pretty much closed, but that's a critcisim equally valid of every one of our attacking players apart from Jones.

Even Vokes tried a couple of slide rule passes that had no chance of coming off (and by the way, had Ings lost possession the way Vokes did 30 yards from our own goal immedi

minniemouth
15-03-2015, 09:41 AM
I'm a firm believer in the spine of a team being it's strength and in Heaton, Shackell, Marney and Vokes we have a wonderful spine but Danny Ings is our flair, as well as being our first line of defence. He gives us that something different around the box both with goals and assists. With Vokes and Barnes up front we would become a battering ram. Fine for Championship level but not Premier League and that is where we will be.
To compare him to Austin and Kane is unfair. They are point of attack finishers, better finishers, more natural finishers but Danny has so much more to his game.
Yes. We will miss him, if he goes??????

Sidney1st
15-03-2015, 10:00 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that our goal came about as a direct result of Ings being fouled by Demichelis.

The resulting free kick is what Boyd scored from.

Glass3QtsEmpty
15-03-2015, 10:00 AM
Ings has played average by his standards since he knew he was leaving the club(Apart from Utd away) He seems to have relaxed. He doesn't play the simple pass any more and is guilty of show boating. I'm sure Dyche will have spotted it and be trying to sort it. We need Ings at his best to stay up.

AuntSally
15-03-2015, 10:08 AM
He'll be missed, but - I think he's replaceable. This is what is important. Barnes & Vokes are both target men - 2 target men upfront as a strikeforce? Not convinced, but like someone mentioned it would only be decent enough in the Championship.

3putt
15-03-2015, 10:42 AM
It's obvious to all (well nearly)that we will miss him. Great talent, still learning. Didn't have his best game yesterday, but he scares even the best defenders.

Fantastic Boyd goal last night, but didn't the free kick come as a result of some nice skill from Danny??

Colburn_Claret
15-03-2015, 10:48 AM
You might not, I will.

I still think, especially on yesterdays performance, that he would be better off at Turf Moor for another season at least, should we survive.
He's not the finished article for a top club, and he won't improve sitting on the bench.

Peter_Nobles_Wig
15-03-2015, 10:51 AM
WTF?!

Someone's laced my peanut butter with magic mushrooms!

I thought that read "we won't miss Danny Ings"

Silly me ! ;D

Sarum
15-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Quick feet, a sharp shot and a burst of speed (which led to the foul, FK and match winning goal) are qualities that top clubs see and want for themselves.

He'll take some replacing.

GordonvaleClaret
15-03-2015, 11:10 AM
We didn't miss Jrod nor Charlie. We won't miss Danny either.

thedonz
15-03-2015, 11:12 AM
I dont think many people would disagree with that Colburn

Unfortunately Ings, maybe with having suffered 2 bad injuries early in his career, has decided to cash in on his very successful season in the Championship.
It will be our loss, compounded because we don't have the money to replace him with a player as good.

If he got injured tomorrow we would miss him for his creativity because we don't have that much. We know we are far from a one man team but Ings is the type of player who can make a difference with a couple of moments of magic.

GordonvaleClaret
15-03-2015, 11:21 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/71mvib.jpg

solidsilver1862
15-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Full house, beat 2nd top team in the BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD, and arguments come thick fast because one of our star players, as a quiet evening are we letting success go to our heads? its only a couple of weeks since he scored a wonder goal at OLD Trafford.
Here we have a Manager,trying to create something unique. given us premiership football admits, we are only coming to terms with our position, learning"how to wear the cap"and people want to destroy all he as done,by being fickle ad stupid.
We might now survive, but for how long?

Glass3QtsEmpty
15-03-2015, 01:19 PM
I think you might be missing the point Solidsilver. Ings seems to be playing out his contract with his mind on where he is going to at next season rather than where he is now. Have a look at the chance at the end of the Chelsea game. He could of made an easy pass instead he went for glory trying to put one in the top corner. He needs to become a team player again.

solidsilver1862
15-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Glass3QtsEmpty,
Missing the point,?I think you. maybe making the assumption that INGS is only playing out his contract for money, He is only learning his trade,
only our manager knows what is really going on ? SEEMS is a very big word positive is more to the point

crundale
15-03-2015, 05:42 PM
To me he comes across as an outstanding young man who has been a wonderful ambassador for our club and a stunning player to boot. I am quite confused as to the criticism. Look at the ecstasy on his face when Boyd bangs it in. He is all what Dyche's Burnley is all about.

Notrigsbyscat
15-03-2015, 06:32 PM
He needs to become more of a team player again? You mean like when he collected the ball on the edge of his own area, retained it, passed it to comes to go on a run on the right wing then bust a gut to run two thirds of the pitch to take the return in their area but it didn't come.

Get rid of comes while we're at it, we won't miss him either

DiBranchio
15-03-2015, 06:56 PM
Go on then, I'll ask. Who is 'comes?'

Glass3QtsEmpty
15-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Playing out his Contract for money? No just playing out his Contract.

the_quoon
15-03-2015, 09:04 PM
good grief.

Notrigsbyscat
16-03-2015, 12:09 AM
"Comes" is what LG-G3 likes to call Vokes. Ings is Inns btw

claretspice
16-03-2015, 09:29 AM
I've always been of the view that Ings has done the club a disservice by not signing a new deal and I still think that is disappointing.

However, I don't think my concerns over his commitment to the cause at this stage of the season have been borne out at all. He looks fully committed to me, and anyone in any doubt should just take a look at his reaction to Boyd's goal - its particularly clear on the shot from behind Boyd. His closing down throughout the 90 minutes was first class, too.

Dyche has suggested that if anything he's trying too hard, and perhaps that's right. Perhaps also the fact he's got clear interest from United and Liverpool and who knows who else has just made him believe he can do a bit more than perhaps he can. But I think that's different to showboating and I certainly don't think he's got any reason to try and play to the cameras - the scouts have already determined he's good enough.

We take him for granted, I think. He's a really fine young player and he's giv

LincolnClaret
16-03-2015, 11:30 AM
We won't miss Danny Ings ha ha ha! Surely someone is fishing here? I mean come on... bonkers!!

He offers a hell of a lot to our team and he'll be damn hard to replace. His running, closing down, quality on the ball, goals, assists... you can't just replace that. There's a reason for the big clubs being interested you know!

Having said that, I still think the best thing he can do, if we stay up, is sign a new deal. He's not the finished article yet. If he goes to United or City or Liverpool he'll get limited game time and might even end up out on loan somewhere else. If we stay up we can offer him another 12 months starting in the PL. That'd be invaluable for him and us!

moggybfc
16-03-2015, 11:38 AM
3 words YES WE WILL

It was his run that led to the free kick

On Saturday some of his passes didnt come off, but if they did they could have led to other things.

Over the season he has become a better player, just needs to score a few more, hopefully on Saturday he will.

army88
16-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Very harsh I think . Ing's is a very good player who will definately improve.
I would have been interested to see how it went if we had managed to keep Vokes along side him this year, no dis respect to Barnes but he's not the footballer Vokes is.
I think Danny would have scored and made more goals if that had been the case.
If Danny goes to a club that creates more chances he will become a prolific scorer.
maybe guilty of trying a little too hard lately but your comment re Ing's is Un called for and unfair IMO

ClaitonClaret
16-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Danny has already made a long term commitment to Burnley with his off-field work.

He made another commitment by vowing to see the season out with Burnley and being a man of his word that is what he has done.

He has not made any false promises. As far as I know his only public utterance on his future has been that he will decide and comment after the end of this season. His only loyalty at the moment is to do his best to help Burnley to remain a Premier League team for next season.

He will not comment before then as he doesn't wish to break any promises.

And he shouldn't, as we want his total focus on the battle the team has, until safety is guaranteed.

ClaretTony2014
16-03-2015, 01:38 PM
I think much of the criticism has come about because of his clear intention to allow his contract to run down and not sign a new deal with us.

He has no obligation to commit to our club, that's his decision to make, but it shouldn't cloud any views of him on the pitch. I don't think he had his best game on Saturday by any stretch of the imagination but I don't think I could even hint at a lack of commitment once he's over the white line. He works his socks off for us.

ClaretTony2014
16-03-2015, 01:47 PM
"He looks fully committed to me, and anyone in any doubt should just take a look at his reaction to Boyd's goal"

You mean this? Hardly a Ronaldo reaction to a Bale goal is it?

http://i.imgur.com/P3aDstr.jpg

wherewasi
16-03-2015, 03:57 PM
It seems to me he has been guilty of overplaying it sometimes this year. But it seems very harsh to ascribe that to greediness or not being a team player. Like all players, he has things he'll keep learning to do better and getting his head up and not ending up boxed in is, I'm sure, one of them. He's a fine player, we're lucky to have had him, he's been good for us and vice versa. Good luck to him wherever he goes next season, except when he plays us.

leightonorient30
16-03-2015, 04:11 PM
This is ridiculous. i know it is a discussion forum and everyone has an opinion that needs to be heard but you know this is so stupid. He is a fantastic player every single premiership club is linked to or has shown an interest in him. He is the Kevin Keegan of the post modern age.
He will play for the senior England Team very soon. Just don't go to Liverpool Danny.

claretspice
16-03-2015, 04:35 PM
You mean this? Hardly a Ronaldo reaction to a Bale goal is it?

I actually meant the TV shot taken from the half way line which tracks the ball into the goal from pitch level, and as it enters you can see Ings, arms aloft, looking very much like Trippier does in that photo there.

He was absolutely pumped, just as you'd expect a fully committed player to be. Obviously, he looks pretty happy in that photo as you rightly point out, but his immediate rection is something else.

ClaretTony2014
16-03-2015, 04:40 PM
That is virtually his initial reaction and he then chases Boyd over to the corner when the pic is taken.

He's the first to show any sign of us having scored a goal when you watch on TV, other than Boyd who starts to celebrate before its gone in.

claretspice
16-03-2015, 04:42 PM
I think we're pretty much agreeing, aren't we?

ChorltonCharlie
16-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Glad you said that. I was getting confused then!

baggies54
16-03-2015, 05:44 PM
I know he wasn't the only player out when you played us at our place but you missed him that day, just for his work rate, he gets himself into some great positions and is a constant worry for any defence with his non stop running.

Good player.

Sarum
16-03-2015, 06:04 PM
Thank you Baggies 54, no further questions, m'lord.

Glad you enjoyed our win almost (but luckily not quite) as much as your Claret buddy. Hopefully we'll be back sharing pints with you Baggies at the Vine again next term.

ChorltonCharlie
16-03-2015, 06:31 PM
The scary thing with this thread is I don't think it's about agenda. I've realised over the last few years that despite Burnley having this 'footballing' tradition some of our fans see football a whole lot differently. I hate footballing snobbery, and there's a hell of a lot of that from the pro-total football types on here, but it can be just as bad the other way round. It seems unless you charge around at 90mph chasing paper bags, always play the easy ball and fly in with tackles at every oppurtunity, in some fans eyes you're not good enough, or not a team player. It beggars belief that a player like Ings get's criticism like he does from some quarters. He has a tremendous work ethic and contributes enormous amounts to our team game. Aside from that though in a team that is largely pragmatic he offers us something different. Capable of beating players, a low centre of gravity, fantastic first touch and able see and execute the audacious he's a key member of our team that is arguably

baggies54
16-03-2015, 06:35 PM
I'm looking forward to getting up the Turf for a few too in the Brickies in the future. I love the days up there mate made some good friends and always have a great craic.

baggies54
16-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Baggies have a very good player that doesn't get used because he is not 10 foot tall and built like a brick outhouse, Gamboa, defintely a Burnley type of player, skillfull and non stop runner plays right full baack and has proven himself equally as good at right midfield get's up as high as anybody when heading the ball. I would love him to succeed in England...not too expensive either.