PDA

View Full Version : The Turf was rocking

ClaretAWH
14-03-2015, 08:43 PM
I would just like to thank everyone who was there today, that was the best atmosphere since Wigan last year! The whole place was absolutely alive and buzzing with belief and passion for the Clarets, at times it was evident the noise level turned up when you could see the lads tiring. Like someone said on another post, the collective of BFC manager, players and fans fully deserved that win, if we can do the same against Spurs and arsenal, you never know.

IanMcL
14-03-2015, 09:48 PM
I can still hear the crowd!

mybloodisclaret
14-03-2015, 10:25 PM
To give us our best chance of survival the Turf simply has to be like it was today. Electric doesn't come near, it must have been such a huge lift to Sean and the team to have the support behind them like that, and I think that showed with the performance they gave.
Spurs and Arsenal won't be easy games but with the Turf like it was today, they won't want to be here, you can guarantee it!
Up the Clarets

Cirrus_Minor
14-03-2015, 11:25 PM
Best atmosphere this season.

We just need to be able to be like this when things are going against us and not just when we are winning.

daveisaclaret
14-03-2015, 11:45 PM
There is 0% chance of the atmosphere being that good early on a Sunday afternoon. Fingers crossed for the Arsenal game, though.

butterflyvenom
15-03-2015, 12:45 AM
I agree, the atmosphere was ten times better than usual. It felt right.

gogogadgetlegs
15-03-2015, 12:55 AM
I'm heading down the Harry Potts Waaaaay - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GfPlnkDwu4)

Peter_Nobles_Wig
15-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Took a Citeh fan with me last night. OK, says I, what was the biggest difference between t'Turf and The Etihad ?

"It was so noisy!" came the reply. The big clubs may have lots and lots of fans but they watch in a sterile environment whereas, t'Turf rocks when we get together,

"To give us our best chance of survival the Turf simply has to be like it was today" CORRECT !

Link doesn't work :blue: - view external link (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/11204948/Ranking-the-atmospheres-at-the-20-Premier-League-grounds-by-Ji)

jojomk1
15-03-2015, 12:24 PM
It helps as well when the away end is full
Have been very surprised with the woeful followings from some of these so called big clubs
To be playing towards the end where the crowd is less than half full behind the goal can be just as off-putting for our players as well as the opponents
Something the club needs to think about for next season?

Peter_Nobles_Wig
15-03-2015, 04:37 PM
What clearly helps are evening matches...

Spurs (Carling Cup)

Arsenal (League)

Man Utd (League)

Now City

clitheroe_claret
15-03-2015, 05:05 PM
Sounded good atmosphere on Sky.

To my mind the club have to find a way to fill the Turf for remaining 4 critical fixtures.

Looks like the spurs, arsenal games will be home sell outs like city yesterday. Then Leicester and stoke to round off season

Any of these clubs that cannot sell 4k in the Cricketfield stand then lets see Clarets in there

4 Cup Finals, 12th man and all that

rats
15-03-2015, 05:10 PM
the club are trying too fill the ground,buy two home game tickets from arsenal,spurs Leicester, get free ticket for stoke,

spunkybackpack21
15-03-2015, 05:12 PM
As last week, after another tiresome criticism of the support in the aftermath of a poor performance - if we play well, whether win lose or draw, the support reciprocates. Loud and passionate. This has been the case for as long as I can remember.

Turfiteclaret
15-03-2015, 05:18 PM
Think the Tannoy being either broke or turned down certainly helped.

manxturf
15-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Thought the atmosphere was briliant on Saturday. No doubt in my mind that if it can be repeated in the final 4 home games then Premier league is within reach next year. It must be a huge help to all the players.

Caernarfon_Claret
16-03-2015, 10:01 AM
Best atmospheres.

Link that works - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/ltc355b)

Cavan Claret
16-03-2015, 10:15 AM
I travelled over from Ireland with Mrs Cavan to attend the game. Sadly the clutch went on the car just before junction 6 on the M65. Two hours later we were towed to NTS in Blackburn where we had to abandon the car. Got a room booked at the Burnley travel lodge as the car couldn't be repaired until Sunday. Got a taxi to the hotel and made teh driver put radio Lancs on for the commentary, as we had by now missed the kick off. Got to the travel lodge just in time to hear a mighty roar from the turf, I told Mrs Cavan we must have scored ! The noise coming from the ground was incredible. Got in to the room , talksport on the radio to discover we were indeed one up thanks to a marvellous goal from George Boyd.
Car cost 1200 to repair, extra ferry cost another 300 and I didn't get to see the game, still the 3 points made up for it !

SethHowarthsHair
16-03-2015, 10:55 AM
The company I work for had 8 Belgian customers in the corporate hospitality on Saturday and I spoke to one of them this morning, absolutely loved it and said the atmosphere was like nothing he had experienced back in Belgium, even at the top clubs. Does make you proud to have the club spoken about in a good light.

jonjack
16-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Is that Cavan, home of the Strypes? Good documentary on BBC last week.

nonayclaret
16-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Perhaps the Bob Lord massive could utter a few decibels to help us along in the remaining home games!

REALALE
16-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Think that would be too much nonayclaret...though I turned round in the second half and thought my ears were deceiving me the peppa pig Jimmy Mc upper were singing ..fantastic

lotty1
16-03-2015, 12:31 PM
Sorry link not working - should have been Stones - Around and Around .:O - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0W6iV5oS4M)

Cavan Claret
16-03-2015, 01:39 PM
It is indeed Cavan, the home of the strypes. Top blues band and the debut album is well worth a listen

CaspertheClaret
16-03-2015, 06:16 PM
That is a shocker Cavan!!! :blue:

Good on ya though!