PDA

View Full Version : Spending your money wisely

rea65
15-03-2015, 12:47 AM
Alfie's 5 goals in 8 games for Bolton make me wonder - how many failed signings equal 1 good one?
If you put Ryan Hall & Fabian Brandy & Matt Sadler & Richard Wood & Scott Loach etc together I would have thought that you have the funds to sign Alfie.
This is not hindsight - most of us would have clocked this.
Also I would like to say that I don't mean to have a go at our management team in general, we are on track, but Alfie would have made all the difference wouldn't he?,

Ellis_D
15-03-2015, 01:04 AM
Alfie's 5 goals in 8 games for Bolton make me wonder - how many failed signings equal 1 good one?
If you put Ryan Hall & Fabian Brandy & Matt Sadler & Richard Wood & Scott Loach etc together I would have thought that you have the funds to sign Alfie.
This is not hindsight - most of us would have clocked this.
Also I would like to say that I don't mean to have a go at our management team in general, we are on track, but Alfie would have made all the difference wouldn't he?,

Whilst I agree with you main reasoning, that we should have cut down on several players to sign Alfie, even on loan, certain things have to be addressed.

It's alright saying that all of them would add up to Alfie's wages, BUT...

Ryan Hall was pay as you play, so was not on the wagebill.

Febian Brandy was a bad signing, but cost us nothing, and was a reasonable risk. He was also a completely different position to Alfie.

Mat Sadler was signed as a backup leftback.

Pocket rocket
15-03-2015, 10:48 AM
I would question which striker has worked out consistently this season none in my opinion so you can't dismiss the signing of other players as not relevant Evans knew the budget and chose to spread it round on loads of players when in my opinion we could have gone for a couple of quality ones. I think it's right to question the management it doesn't mean Evans is rubbish just got it wrong in my opinion.

Utm

PeteWaller
15-03-2015, 11:30 AM
I think SE will learn from the experience and be better for it. Certainly hope so. TS seems to be backing him still but it will be interesting to see what is done assuming we stay up.

Problem is of course that come the end of the season, half the team may disappear so it may be more of the same. That would be an issue for me. I'm hoping we can get a strong permanent structure in place with just a smattering of loanees