PDA

View Full Version : We still have a chance...

mgill87
15-03-2015, 08:05 AM
I must admit that if pressed a few weeks ago I would have said that I felt we'd be relegated - not by much and certainly not from a lack of effort.

Yesterday was just one game and one win but it really could have a huge impact. That win was desperately needed. If we can get through this seemingly impossible run and still be in touching distance of safety then we really do have a chance.

Sunderland have been dire of late. Poyet has lost the fans and they are leaking goals while unable to score. With Vokes starting again and players like Ward, Reid and Taylor soon returning we at least have a few options.

Maybe we can still pull this off :)

mdd2
15-03-2015, 08:14 AM
But we have to beat the likes of Leicester, Hull Villa and Everton although I'd take wins against Stoke Spurs Arsenal Southampton and the Hammers instead :D :D

Pentridge
15-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Well done Burnley, massive win yesterday.

Claretforever
15-03-2015, 08:25 AM
9 games left, and we need 3 wins, plus not get get beaten by Hull or Villa. Those two are true 6 pointer matches.

I feel great this morning. B)

Ashingtonclaret46
15-03-2015, 08:27 AM
When we lost at Sunderland I said to a couple of mates that that result may be one which helps us stay in the PL because it kept Poyet in the job and he is well capable of taking them down.

I think that if they had lost against us he would have got the push because the fans were getting really fed up.

Since they beat us they have played 6 matches which have included losses against QPR and Villa at home and draws against West Brom and Hull. They have not won one of these matches and only scored 2 goals whilst conceding 10 and some of the players look as though they are just going through the motions.

Let's hope that they don't get rid of Poyet this week.

Quattro
15-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Yesterday's win most certainly instilled fresh hope and belief in a section of the fans who had become more negative.

Granted, the next three games are tough, but once we get arsenal out of the way, we have, on paper, easier matches, the majority of which are against clubs which are either around, or just above us. If we get the right results in these games, then we can only do ourself favours.

We need to be in control of our own destiny, with the need for having to reply on any other team to do us a favour.

Of late, I was beginning to think that we look doomed, but after yesterday, I for one, have a renewed hope.

Imploding Turtle
15-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Any points we pick up in the next 3 games are bonus points.

Before Man Utd the only match we could have reasonably expected to gain from was the Swansea game, and we ****ed that up. Without a win in that game we'd need to cause an upset, and yesterday we did that. Chelsea is also a bonus point.

It doesn't really matter what happens to us in the next 3 games, going into the Everton game we'll be in with at least a realistic chance of survival which is as much we could have asked for after we threw 5 points away in the Palace and West Brom games.

The Bedlington Terrier
15-03-2015, 03:23 PM
I thought our goose was well and truly cooked after the Swansea game.
After yesterday's performance, just about anything is possible!

thedonz
15-03-2015, 03:37 PM
Of course it matters what happens over the next 3 games, this isn't a game of cards where you can stack one hand and wait for the next

silkyskills1
15-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Absolutely,the donz. We have to try and build on yesterday not dwell and admire it.