PDA

View Full Version : Numpty Nigel's Breakdown

Bin_Ont_Turf
15-03-2015, 08:41 PM
He's at it again the effing moron (see link).

I like this from the Leicester board...

'If Sean Dyche was doing this sort of behaviour you'd have people on here ridiculing him & Burnley, saying how pathetic he is and how they are thankful he's not at our manager.

Sir Nige does it and all of a sudden it's everyone else's fault and they can't blame him'

:D - view external link (tinyurl.com/leue9ux)

hello_dave
15-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Four words i`m glad we don`t have!

"Leicester owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha"

what so! reap You

BelialofBacup
15-03-2015, 08:55 PM
That bottom lip seems to be sticking out further each week...

Nice to see other fans would prefer our guy to "that tool at Leicester" (see comments in link) - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2995739/Sean-Dyche-reacts-hilariously-reporter-accidentally-questioning-Burnley-)

3putt
15-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Really is an obnoxious man.

Loving watching his "superior club in every way" propping up the table.

longsidebovril
15-03-2015, 09:25 PM
He's like a petulant teenager. We are so lucky to have SD.

IanMcL
15-03-2015, 10:16 PM
They have it wrong!

Under his breath he said Waxing or waning? Don't they know there's a K in waning?

wherewasi
15-03-2015, 10:25 PM
It wouldn't hurt people to look at what happened. Some d1ck of a journalist asked him about his players crowding round the ref to try and get Alex Bruce sent off. It didn't happen. Simple as that. A few Leicester players got involved when Hull players first of all ran up to the ref to try and dissuade him from sending Bruce off - but they really didn't crowd round the ref at all. The same 'journo' then made some sh1t for brains comment about 'waxing and waning' which any reasonable person would have thought was the phrase of a complete bell-end. If Nigel had chinned him, he would have had an excuse.

Nigel has exhibited signs of the stresses of job this season; this isn't one of the occasions and it simply shows the pre-conceived ideas some on here have that they believe everything they're told by some worthless rag rather than look at the thing themselves.

cloughyclaret
15-03-2015, 10:33 PM
I see your point wwi, but it cant be denied that he is not handling this well. As an isolated incident then fair enough (I understood his retaliatory comment to a fan earlier this season for example), but this is clearly hurting him now.

Bin_Ont_Turf
15-03-2015, 10:40 PM
'It wouldn't hurt people to look at what happened'

'it simply shows the pre-conceived ideas some on here have that they believe everything they're told by some worthless rag rather than look at the thing themselves'

I can't believe that I copy and pasted the link into tinyurl and then copy and pasted it on here purely on the strength of the headline. I should have dug a little deeper rather than got all giddy with my preconceived ideas of Pearson.

I'm now off to wander around on the M65 wearing nothing more than a shower cap. I hope that I don't get hit by a car.

wherewasi
15-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Cloughy:
As I said; yes - he's clearly struggling and, at a human level, I feel for him a bit. Whether or not he was genuinely a decent bloke and has lost it or that was just a facade and he's lost the ability to keep up the pretence is irrelevant - it's still a reflection of the pressure.

However, this incident can be summed as; "Journalist acts like pr1ck; someone opines same under breath." Shouldn't really be back page news.

3putt
15-03-2015, 10:45 PM
"Nigel has exhibited signs of the stresses of job this season; this isn't one of the occasions and it simply shows the pre-conceived ideas some on here have that they believe everything they're told by some worthless rag rather than look at the thing themselves."

Personally, I have made my judgement on the man from interviews and things caught on camera.

His comments about Burnley were compared to his great club were pretty pathetic.

Not quite sure why anyone would want to defend him, particularly a clarets fan :-?

As I said, an obnoxious man.

cloughyclaret
15-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Yes, journo acted like a wally, but NP jumps into aggression too easily.
Rightly or wrongly, behave like a manager and vent behind closed doors. Which is why this thread has been posted. It wouldnt have rated a mention here if it was top 4 managers. We at the bottom are an easy target for the media - so don't rise.

yorksclaret
15-03-2015, 11:03 PM
The same 'journo' then made some sh1t for brains comment about 'waxing and waning' which any reasonable person would have thought was the phrase of a complete bell-end. If Nigel had chinned him, he would have had an excuse.

Wow, someone gets one letter wrong in a phrase and it's an excuse for chinning him? Anyone who's ever called you a twit must be black and blue.

wherewasi
15-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Have you actually seen it? He's not aggressive at all. He's very measured, if clearly unimpressed, in responding to the idiotic comment/question. He was a bit impolitic in not checking his mic was off before voicing his (as far as I can see) reasonable opinion of the pathetically florid language of the moron from the fourth estate - big deal.

wherewasi
15-03-2015, 11:10 PM
Yorks:
I don't understand your comment. I think the journalist said exactly what he meant to say; what do you think he meant to say?

yorksclaret
15-03-2015, 11:10 PM
Seen it, but not heard it as on the link it's bleeped out, kinda making the whole article pointless. Anyway whatever the journalist said it doesn't warrant him being chinned.

cloughyclaret
15-03-2015, 11:14 PM
Yes, I've seen it. Of course he is aggressive. If someone was talking to you in a pub like this then you would be very wary. Whether you would deserve it or not, that's not the point. He has form - he's an easy target. Is this good for him or Leicester? No.

Its not his opinion I'm disagreeing with, its his demeanour. He needs to reign it in, for several reasons.

wherewasi
15-03-2015, 11:15 PM
Yorks:
You're right and I shouldn't have said something for effect that I didn't mean. What I meant was that if Pearson had called him a two-bit hack with a pre-rehearsed clever-clever phrase that he was desperate to shoehorn in who would be better never darkening Pearson's or any other press conference again; that would have been justified.

You haven't answered my question; what one-letter mistake do you think this hinges on?

yorksclaret
15-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Who says 'waxing away'? Thought Nigel was showing contempt for idiot journo for saying waxing before correcting to waning.

And p**** is one * away from a whole different heap of sh1t

wherewasi
15-03-2015, 11:28 PM
Gotcha. I didn't read it that way; I thought it was the flowery language he was dismissing.

The Bedlington Terrier
16-03-2015, 06:51 AM
No brainer. Nigel Pearson. Needs to have the lobotomy reversed.

JohnAngusFan
16-03-2015, 08:22 PM
I understood his retaliatory comment to a fan earlier this season for example"

Cloughy - he told the fan to "eff off and die".

Now I don't mind hm telling his abuser to "eff off" but the rest I find totally unacceptable.

Pearson has an aura of menace about him but I suspect that it doesn't wash with Sean which is why Pearson was so rattled after our draw there last autumn.

His touch line altercation with McCarthy was also disturbing, the TV footage shows that McCarthy was clearly knocked into the collision by a Leicester players' challenge, Pearson appears to think it deliberate following the summer's transfer dealings but to my knowledge Pearson has not apologised to the Palace player for his total misreading of the situation.

Pearson is stressed out and under pressure, not handling it well, and I think that his employers have a duty to protect him from this as his next overreaction could be much more serious than hitherto.

As a Burnley fan I prefer him to remain as the Leice

IanMcL
16-03-2015, 09:33 PM
His job will all end in tears.

wherewasi
16-03-2015, 11:17 PM
JohnAngus - I agree his inability to immediately see /fess up that he'd been an idiot after the McCarthy incident (or more realistically the fact that LCFC don't have anyone on point to tell him what to say) was pathetic. However, he was clattered and, just as he's no angel, we all know players can also misbehave so his instinctive "Did you spill my pint?" reaction was, if not acceptable, at least understandable.

You can now add to your knowledge the fact he did apologise directly to the player a couple of days after the incident. - view external link (www.caughtoffside.com/2015/02/11/leicester-boss-nigel-pearson-reveals-he-apologised-to-crystal-palace-star-james-mccarthy/)

Boliclaret
17-03-2015, 06:43 AM
Have you actually seen it? He's not aggressive at all. He's very measured,

Really? although this comment came from a poster who said Pearson should have chinned him, so perfectly measured behaviour then. :?

Pearson is for my money the biggest prick thats been anywhere near the Prem. He's arrogant, cantankerous and deluded to the impression of being paronoid.

Reporter, 'you don't look good enough to stay up'
NP 'how many times have you seen us this season?

terrific reply from a manager whose team are 20th.

3putt
17-03-2015, 07:14 AM
"Pearson is for my money the biggest prick thats been anywhere near the Prem. He's arrogant, cantankerous and deluded to the impression of being paronoid."

I completely agree with you Boliclaret, but why hold back? Just say it as it is :-D

fatboy47
17-03-2015, 07:43 AM
"""Pearson is for my money the biggest prick thats been anywhere near the Prem""

No...I'm not having that.

What about Laws ? Different kind of prick admittedly.

Short memories on here. :-(

Boliclaret
17-03-2015, 07:54 AM
:) ok 3putt I'll throw unhingered in as well.

NottsClaret
17-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Something snapped inside Nigel when Wallace's free kick hit the back of the net in the 96th minute. He's not been right since.

Him and Leicester had been on an upward curve to that point, but ever since he's been playing the part of a joyless pub bore who used to be handy when he was younger and is still trying to prove it.

lotty1
17-03-2015, 08:44 AM
fatboy47 - with the greatest respect comparing Pearson with Laws is hideous . No matter what you think of him as a manager he is a very decent person and nothing like Pearson who is obviously under some pressure at the moment .

wherewasi
17-03-2015, 09:29 AM
"Reporter, 'you don't look good enough to stay up'
NP 'how many times have you seen us this season?"

That wasn't the question asked, nor even near it... still, keep making it up

Boliclaret
17-03-2015, 09:30 AM
paronoid, unhingered, my spelling head wasn't on this morning. :s

Bin_Ont_Turf
17-03-2015, 09:45 AM
'Something snapped inside Nigel when Wallace's free kick hit the back of the net in the 96th minute. He's not been right since'

That's the best thing about it all.

Ross Wallace - He does your head in.

CardyTheClaret
21-03-2015, 06:11 PM
It continues...

Today he had called Mike Dean one of the most arrogant men he's met in football.

Oh, the irony. :D

Imploding Turtle
21-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Maybe he's decided that a touchline ban gives his team a better manager for the next few games.

evensteadiereddie
21-03-2015, 06:58 PM
Either way, he's not going to make it to the end of the season as the Foxes' manager.

corkcityclaret59
21-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Nigel calling ref arrogant,its the kettle calling the pot blackass,as for a frontal labotomy,rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy lol

claretbucky1978
21-03-2015, 07:59 PM
Had a bit of a point to be fair. Obviously shouldnt call the ref, but he made a shocking decision

Peter_Nobles_Wig
22-03-2015, 09:26 AM
As much as I love his antics on TV when refereeing decisions go against him (which is all of the time), I do have some sympathy for someone who is clearly struggling upstairs.

He'd be far better staying away from post-match interviews or getting himself another job... something like a "maggot putter-onner" for a one-armed fisherman ;D

IanMcL
22-03-2015, 12:01 PM
I have to chuckle warmly inside when Leicester actually get pens against...when they spent the entire season in the champs, falling over and getting pens themselves.