PDA

View Full Version : Buying from the Clarets Store Abroad?

SeoulClaret
17-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Do any expats have any tips on buying from the Clarets Store? I'm trying to get a couple of shirts to South Korea. However, the website wants me to make an account but rejects the postcode of South Korea and my phone number. If I click on the 'contact us' function, I am again asked for a phone number that isn't accepted. Is there any way around this? I tried to buy something a couple of years ago, but at that time there was the option of North Korea but not South Korea (!) on the country list - this has at least been rectified! Up the clarets! Thanks.

AuntSally
17-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Online stores who have a bit about them allow people to purchase without needing to register. I've had trouble buying from the Clarets Store and I live in England, so all I can say is - good luck!

lotty1
17-03-2015, 11:01 AM
There can be problems buying online when you live abroad . I live in France and if I try to book a ferry using one of my two credit cards I simply can't do it . The reason being it asks for my UK billing address ; my bill comes to my French address as I don't even have an address in the UK . No problems with my other credit card .

OntstheClaret
17-03-2015, 11:07 AM
I haven't had a problem getting stuff to Canada, either from the store or the shirt auctions. Send an e-mail to the shop for advice. They were very helpful and fairly quick to reply.

GordonvaleClaret
17-03-2015, 11:19 AM
What Ontsthe said, plus if you are charged VAT, send a further email and ask for a refund. It worked for me.