PDA

View Full Version : England rugby need a defence coach

malwayne
21-03-2015, 07:25 PM
It wasn't today's finale that cost Lancaster's team the trophy, it was the fact that their defence was not up to standard. To ask England's over rated team to pull back 26 points against a French team that was always capable of producing the unexpected was like asking the clarets to win the champions league. It just wasn't going to happen. Although their team scored the most points its not much use if you don't have a defence coach like Wales Shaun Edwards to make your team defensively sound.
To be fair I just couldn't see England not winning the 6 nations, but I didn't reckon on Ireland playing so well at Murrayfield. Maybe that's why they are the best team north of Cape Town.
the upcoming World Cup promises to be a great spectacle , but if I was an England rugby fan I'd be just a little worried about how well wales have played since England deservedly beat them in the opening game( not sure it would happen anytime soon). Also the fact that everyone knows the Aussies will be ready

Bin_Ont_Turf
21-03-2015, 07:42 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/flamns.jpg

CleggHall
21-03-2015, 07:46 PM
England spurned try after try in the 1st half v Scotland and Wales had only scored 5 tries before today. Ireland were by far the more solid team despite their Cardiff defeat. Rugby Union centres are never good tacklers and defenders compared to rugby league boys and this is where Sean Edwards learnt his skills. Andy Farrell should be able to improve Enland's defence but he was more of an attacking loose forward and struggled as a centre at Saracens. Nevertheless a good, exciting competition this year but I don't share your bravado about the Welsh team, Southern Hemisphere teams will eat them alive.