PDA

View Full Version : Surely it now has to be 3 from the bottom 6?

mkmel
22-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Or could West Brom still be dragged down into the mix?

DobsonThomasSteven
22-03-2015, 05:11 PM
3 from the bottom 4 for me.

goddy2shoes
22-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Agreed, Mel.

That being said, I think Leicester and QPR are gonners.

So, 1 from 4 for that last relegation spot for me.

WBA will be fine; glad Everton are safe too...more chance of them having their flip-flops on when we play em

Quicknick
22-03-2015, 05:14 PM
Agree with the OP. A couple of defeats for either of the top two of this group in the next two games and they're right down there in it.

rats
22-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Us,Sunderland,Villa,Wba,Newcastle,Hull

wilks_bfc
22-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Hull's goal difference gives them a slight advantage
Hopefully some of the other teams will add to the 4 we put last them ;D

clareturion
22-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Looks like Rats has a lot of faith in Pearson as he steams past the lot to safety :(

Imploding Turtle
22-03-2015, 05:27 PM
I agree with the OP. Or 2 from Burnley, Sunderland, QPR, Hull, Villa. Lets be honest, Leicester are already down.

Hull and Villa have horrible run-ins but both have to host Burnley. If either of them beat us then they'll survive. We can maybe afford to lose one of them, but not both.

rats
22-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Pearson will welcome your faith.

evensteadiereddie
22-03-2015, 05:35 PM
I agree with the OP, with Hull getting beaten, it has to be 3 from 6.
If we continue to play well and take the chances we will create, we have a great shout.

thewellernut70
22-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Villa have a shocking run of Man Utd, Spuds,Man City,Everton, Wet Spam,Southampton and us.
Sherwood had his dead dog bounce result at Sunderland last week

Rileybobs
22-03-2015, 05:45 PM
I feel a bit dirty saying it, but had you offered me this weekend's results on Friday I'd probably have taken them. It was likely that we'd lose ground on at least one of QPR, Villa or Sunderland and we haven't. In addition, Leicester have nearly run out of games and Hull have just missed a great opportunity for a shock victory.

We need to hit a purple patch of form but I'm feeling a lot more confident than I was immediately after Marney's injury and our implosion against West Brom. We should have lost ground on our rivals throughout the following games, but we haven't. In fact, more teams have been dragged into the mire.

thedonz
22-03-2015, 05:46 PM
3 from 6 will give us a fighting chance. Don't want West Brom drawn into it as if they lose their next 2 games to QPR and Leicester I dont think it will help us ( unless they go on to do a Norwich)

dsr
22-03-2015, 05:48 PM
It's far too early to say Hull are safe. Their home games (apart from us) are Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U; away games at Swansea, Southampton, Palace, Spurs. 28's not enough, and they won't be favourites in any of those games (apart from us).

And I wouldn't say Leicester are safe, either. They've been playing better recently, while still losing; but they have home games against West Ham, Swansea, Chelsea, Newcastle, Southampton, QPR. I'm not saying they will win 3 or more, but I'm not saying they won't. And away, they've got WBA, Sunderland, and us.

LoveCurryPies
22-03-2015, 06:09 PM
I would say 6 clubs still in the relegation zone. Leicester must be favourites. We are nearly at the end of our run of 9 difficult games.

Looking at the upcoming end of season fixtures for Sunderland, Hull, QPR & Villa, I would say we have a realistic chance of staying up. But it will come down to the wire.

The lads have given their whole this season and put in many great performances even in games we lost. If we survive, the players and manager deserve a celebration as good as the promotion one. UTC!

Akinbadbye_20
22-03-2015, 06:14 PM
If we can get one win out of the next 3 it gives us a massive chance of staying up

sheffieldturfite
22-03-2015, 06:38 PM
I think we have to beat either Spurs or Arsenal, neither tend to reserve their best performances for the Turf so if we can take our chances we could get a win, or a couple of draws which will be nearly as good.

Sunderland have two winnable home games coming up so I feel that we cannot afford for them to get away from us - if the lads are looking at a 5 or 6 point gap, fear could creep in. If we come out of this tough run right on the shoulder of somebody, I think the lads will kick on.

gabriel10
22-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Last day of the season.
Aston Villa-Burnley
Leicester-QPR
You will find three relegated teams in those games.
Lets hope Leicester and QPR are gone by then and we can go to Villa Park needing to win and Villa scared to death of going down.
We will fix it and it will be another season in the Premier League.
Dare to dream.

Glass3QtsEmpty
22-03-2015, 07:00 PM
If we win one of the next 2 games, which I think we will, then I think we will stay up. All the last 6 games are winnable. I think we are going to do it. If we do stay up, next season will be easier because the teams coming up will be beatable. We need to get Dyche to sign a longer contract asap.

The Bedlington Terrier
23-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Leicester are playing well and losing! Their luck might change. All still to play for. Please God let us win a few?

yesTHATironingboard
23-03-2015, 11:19 AM
i reckon we'll be okay and villa, qpr and leicester will go down.

my villa pal reckons i'm deluded. maybe i am.

JohnMcGreal
23-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Leicester have too much to do in such a short space of time, and QPR are completely hopeless. For those reasons, I think it's extremely likely that those two will be relegated.

The final place will be any one of ourselves, Sunderland, Villa and Hull (who have a dreadful run-in).

It will be an exciting end to the season, whatever happens.

claretspice
23-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Don't understand anyone writing off QPR just yet. Four points is nothing - win one game and they could be level with us, 1 point behind Sunderland and then you'd look pretty silly to condemn them as no hopers.

To me, therefore, the smart money remains that its 2 from 5 to join Leicester. QPR are favourites to go down, we're favourites to join them, and I'd then find it hard to separate Hull and Sunderland because of Hull's tough run in. Villa look to me slightly better placed.

I think its hard to look beyond that bottom 6 though now. They're 8 points clear of us, and that really is too much for us to overhaul unless they go on a hell of a bad run from now till the end of May.

claretharrogate
23-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Too much for Leicester to do and QPR are really poor. If Advocaat has next to no impact with Sunderland in the next couple of games then I say third from bottom will be theirs. We WILL pick up points and I think that will give us the edge.

malcolm57
23-03-2015, 11:46 AM
...and Sunderland's game away at Arsenal has been re -scheduled for 20th May (because of Arsenal's involvement in the F.A cup) and means they have a game in hand on the rest of the clubs at the bottom right up to the final weekend of the season. It might not be winnable but could be a crucial factor for them, especially if Arsenal's season is over.

JohnMcGreal
23-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Don't understand anyone writing off QPR just yet

I think the fact that they've lost 10 of their last 11 matches might have something to do with it.

If they start stringing some wins together, I'll be amazed.

clarethomer07
23-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Just done a very quick tally at the bottom 6 teams and their run in to the end of the season.

I have looked at how many teams from their remaining fixtures will be in the top 7 and bottom 8 respectively.

Villa - 4 & 3
Hull - 5 & 1
Sunderland - 3 & 3
Burnley 2 & 4
QPR 3 & 4
Leicester 2 & 5

Looking at that we all have 6/7 games out of the 8 where we are not playing teams who cannot be drawn into europe or relegation so its going to be quite an interesting run.

I think that there is not one team has an advantage really in the run in.

All to play for still.

SmithybridgeClaret1
23-03-2015, 12:58 PM
I'm going for Hull, QPR and Leicester for the drop.

I still think Hull have been the worst side I've seen at the turf this season.

moltisanti
23-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Leicester are playing well?
How many times have you seen them play

Quickenthetempo
23-03-2015, 01:39 PM
This would suggest Leicester and QPR have gone.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2a50jyw.png

sheffieldturfite
23-03-2015, 02:07 PM
QPR are looking suspiciously like another side we will remember - started on fire at home, terrible away, manager departs in the New Year, new one comes in who, to say the least, is uninspiring - lo and behold, form plummets.

Interesting how spending hundreds of millions over the years doesn't avoid the same story as a side who spent peanuts X-D

wills_claret
23-03-2015, 02:35 PM
I don't think you can write anyone off just yet. It's an absolute lottery. Leicester are in every game they play, and by all accounts very unlucky to lose on Saturday. It's very unlikely, but if they win two on the bounce they're right back in it. They certainly haven't given up. It's worth remembering too, we've only won twice in 15 games, and 5 times all season. We can definitely do it, but I think people are imagining we're in some kind of good form in relation to other teams around us, when results don't really back it up. At the moment, the city game is an anomaly. We're going to have to buck a trend if we're to stay up. Its going to be a monumental effort to do it.

That didn't mean to come across as negative as it sounds, I think we have a great shot - but there's a lot of twists n turns yet, and I wouldn't rule out qpr or Leicester out.

neild100
23-03-2015, 05:14 PM
Just predicted results for the remainder of the season at thesportspredictor site

Sunderland 31
Hull 30
QPR 29

We survive on 33 points

Piece of cake!

goddy2shoes
23-03-2015, 05:58 PM
Just done that predictor thingyo myself and got us staying up on 34. I put us down for draws against Leicester, Hull and Villa. Those are the key games for me...don't lose them and we're in with a great chance.

HOW POINTS ARE SCORED
PREDICTED TABLE
Based on your predictions, after End of Season the table will be:

PosTeamPldGDPts
1Chelsea384588
2Man City384276
3Man Utd383276
4Arsenal383373
5Liverpool382072
6Southampton382568
7Tottenham381068
8Swansea38-356
9West Ham38150
10Stoke38-550
11C Palace38-546
12Everton38-542
13West Brom38-1542
14Newcastle38-2238
15Burnley38-2334
16Aston Villa38-2734
17Leicester38-2032
18Sunderland38-2932
19Hull38-2130
20QPR38-3326

Edit - that doesn't look too good but you get my drift...33 points might be enough...or even 32 if goal difference is in our favour...and, of course, if my best guesses are (entirely - ha ha) accurate.

Jamb0MackemClaret
23-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Things change quickly but it would be incredible if either QPR or Leicester stayed up now - two very bad teams that have found results hard to come by all season.

Hull's run-in is a horror show but I think Sherwood will keep Villa up on pure banter alone. Sunderland are hard to predict - they looked more solid at West Ham but they've been poor recently too. The derby is key for them. Get a result in that match and they could go on a run. Lose it and I think they're goners.

We basically need to finish above either Sunderland or Hull imo. If we can win at Hull, that would be huge.

oldcolner
23-03-2015, 06:54 PM
It's going to e close IF current form persists. At the end of the season that doesn't always apply and injuries can be big influencers
We hve the power to stay up and the opportunity. Maybe we need to start parking the bus and stop others winning a bit more.
We have given Sunderland West Brom Everton and palace points that make them look safe now. We do need not to lose any to leicester Hull and Villa.
Agree Sunderlands derby game will have a big impact, as will Villas cup run. I agree QPR seem to be out of it now Charlie's stopped scoring.
I fear Leicester might turn it round with their high number of games at home.

Caernarfon_Claret
23-03-2015, 06:56 PM
Just looking again at our season so far in batches of 9 or 10 games.

P--W--D--L--F--A--Pts--GD
10-0--4--6--5-19--4-- -14

9--3--3--3--9-10--12 -1

10-2--3--5-12-18--9 -6

If we can match that batch of nine games from Hull at home to Man City away, we'll stay up.

Boliclaret
23-03-2015, 07:46 PM
If we can win at Hull, that would be huge.

Absolutely, if we can do the double then I'm convinced we'll finish above them. Leicester at home is crucial too, they'll have to go for it **** or bust so hopefully we'll nick it. That would surely give them too much to do.

But lose that game and it could well come back to haunt us. :s

gosia
23-03-2015, 08:34 PM
Have to agree with you Boliclaret.
Our games against Hull and Leicester will be the ones that will determine our fate.
We need to win them both but it will be very difficult as both Hull and Leicester will also need to win against us and they'll be both up for it.

I also think that Leicester may come with a late charge especially given they've got a number of winnable home games coming up and I think their luck will turn.

royboyclaret
23-03-2015, 08:58 PM
" Leicester at home is crucial too, they'll have to go for it **** or bust so hopefully we'll nick it."

Supreme irony, for me, if big Sam nets the winner in this game. Remain convinced the Championship was ours but for Vokes' unfortunate injury early in last season's game on the Turf.

Cost us big time and me personally.

Only two weeks ago summoned up the courage to throw away all the ante-post vouchers. Still smarting.:/

claretspice
23-03-2015, 09:41 PM
"I think the fact that they've lost 10 of their last 11 matches might have something to do with it."

That's form. I don't dispute that their form is shocking and they look a decent bet to go down.

But at the end of the day we've all played 30 games and they're just one win behind us. There was doom and gloom on here before City, reckoning we were written off. One win changes the picture at the bottom of the league. If QPR get it on a weekend when the rest of us don't, they're right back in the mix.

Keep saying, it but there's plenty of football to be played yet, and there will be twists and turns without doubt.

ChorltonCharlie
24-03-2015, 06:26 AM
This sort of thing will drive you crazy if you let it.

36 points would seem to be a magic number, as to go down with that total would mean that the 3 teams above us would all have to do better than they have the rest of the season in their remaining games (or QPR/Leicester do something ridiculous). Anything less and we’re definitely relying on teams slipping up. It’s easy to point Hull’s difficult run in, but similar to us the pressure is off them in those games and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them pick up points. Worth pointing out that like us they have played very well against City and Chelsea.

April looks huge to me, and it could all be well on its way to being decided by then.

Villa have an awful run of games, and QPR at home whilst it looks to be an easy 3 points could well be last chance saloon for the visitors. May is much easier for them, but the new manager effect could well have been and gone with either the FA Cup a distraction (remember Wigan) or leaving them gutted.

neild100
24-03-2015, 07:42 AM
It's about not losing - we would probably stay up if we get 1 more win -Stoke looks easiest perhaps - and get draws against Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester, WHU and Hull.
Winning away against Everton and Villa look like the hardest games to me.

gcah2014
09-05-2015, 06:55 PM
I mean, most of you guys were right. QPR were absolutely doomed and you'll probably finish above them.

Leicester, on the other hand, were not as crap as some of you might have tried to suggest. This was my favourite post;

"Leicester are playing well?
How many times have you seen them play" - 20 in total, I think. A few more if you include TV/streaming. And he was correct, we were playing well.

P.S. Thanks for winning against Hull. I know how you all love Nigel's mighty blue and white army.