PDA

View Full Version : 25 man squad

minniemouth
24-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Sky Sports have put a list up. They state we have 19 home grown players in the 25 man squad, the most in the EPL.
The list of players on CM lists first team squad but doesn't designate the 25.
As, I believe, the RofI guys would not be excluded under new rules and the Scottish guys are British surely we have more than that.
The only two I could see excluded would be Cisak,who I can't imagine is in the 25, and Ashley Barnes, born in UK but played for Austria.
Can anybody tell me what I'm missing?

minniemouth
24-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Just seen the alternate thread. Stating all EU players are eligible. That makes Ash Barnes OK.

ClaretTony2014
24-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Nothing to do with nationality but having been with English clubs for the required period of 3 years from age 16 to 21.

I would think such as Arfield, Long, Wallace, Ward will not be considered home grown.

minniemouth
24-03-2015, 07:44 PM
If tax paying Brits like Arfield and Wallace aren't eligible it's no wonder the Scots want independence more now than last September.

dsr
24-03-2015, 10:28 PM
According to the Daily Telegraph, we only have 23 in our squad; 19 of them "home-grown".

ClaretTony2014
25-03-2015, 09:29 AM
According to the Premier League we have 24 in our squad of which 19 are home grown players.

The home grown players are

Ashley Barnes
George Boyd
Alex Cisak
Michael Duff
Matt Gilks
Tom Heaton
David Jones
Lukas Jutkiewicz
Michael Kightly
Kevin Long
Dean Marney
Ben Mee
Luke O'Neill
Steven Reid
Jason Shackell
Marvin Sordell
Matt Taylor
Kieran Trippier
Sam Vokes

Those in squad not home grown are

Scott Arfield
Danny Ings
Danny Lafferty
Ross Wallace
Stephen Ward

Most of that makes sense to me although I would have thought Kevin Long wouldn't have been (probably just got in being 19 when we signed him). That leaves just Danny Ings as one I can't quite work out.

Selby_Claret
25-03-2015, 01:17 PM
"A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21)."

The only thing i can surmise regarding Danny Ings is potentially that because he neither spent 3 entire seasons with Bournemouth OR with us before 21 then he doesn't qualify.

The wording "registered with any club" could be interpreted as:

'A club'
or
'clubs'

and therefore if its the former then Danny is not homegrown...?!

ClaretTony2014
25-03-2015, 01:19 PM
Only explanation but I thought he'd done 3 years with Bournemouth from 16-19 before we signed him.

minniemouth
25-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Looks like another FA plan that hasn't been thought through.
So Ricky Lambert, Ian Wright, Luther Blissett and any other players coming to the game later in life can't get a game.