PDA

View Full Version : Burnley supporters groups back FSF ticket campaign

ClaretTony
26-03-2015, 09:54 AM
Details of this lunchtime's demo & petition re: lowering prices - see link - view external link (www.clarets-mad.co.uk/feat/edy4/burnley_supporters_groups_back_fsf_ticket_campaign _857944/index.shtml)

DavetheVicar
26-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Excellent,have signed the petition.

ClaretTony2014
26-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Well done Rev - just a pity those who have turned out today are stood out in the rain. But well done to our fellow football supporters in London today.

RN_Claret
26-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Signed. Commented about how they seem to be able to do cheap(er) tickets in Germany. Just greedy here methinks!

barry_chuckle
26-03-2015, 11:14 AM
"I can confirm there has been a positive response from our club"

In view of the pricing structure at Turf Moor these days, I find this response from the club to be very shallow!

I hope todays events have effect and those decisions makers take note, if not, I can see a demise in attendances over the next decade, a demise which could take years to rectify.

claretblue
26-03-2015, 11:15 AM
I've signed

...when do I get the money? :)

ClaretTony2014
26-03-2015, 12:29 PM
"In view of the pricing structure at Turf Moor these days, I find this response from the club to be very shallow!"

I tend to agree, but maybe there has been a mood change inside Turf Moor and the prices might come down next season.

ClaretTony2014
26-03-2015, 12:33 PM
I've just seen that one Burnley supporter has signed the petition (Martin) suggesting that the away fans initiative money should be used for reducing ticket prices and not subsidising coach travel.

I can confirm that is what our supporters clubs have pushed for this season and it is absolutely the right way to do it, subsidising coach travel does not benefit everyone going to a particular game whereas reducing the ticket price does.

mikeS
26-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Ive signed.
The telly money should be shared out better and for clubs like Chelsea charging 50 is just ripping off fans.

Quattro
26-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Isn't there another issue with cheaper or fixed-price ticketing?

Cheaper tickets means higher demand, so in theory, games are more accessible to the working-class man, so there,ll just be more bitching and sniping at who should get tickets, Clarets points, etc, etc, etc, which just means that the club would raise the number of clarets points needed, therefore, the regulars, with most points would get the tickets, leaving those with the new-found accessibility very unlikely to get a ticket for an away game.

Goody1975
26-03-2015, 08:18 PM
"I tend to agree, but maybe there has been a mood change inside Turf Moor and the prices might come down next season."

As we stand there is a fair chance of us playing in the Championship and charging upwards of 30 a ticket will see home games with very few walk ons, add to that the very short sighted season ticket policy stunting potential season ticket sales this season would see the chickens coming home to roost.

ClaretTony2014
26-03-2015, 08:22 PM
This campaign is not about Burnley but about English football in general terms so nothing to do with our loyalty points etc.

Goody1975 - we've charged north of 30 for match tickets in the Championship previously but I do think that there might be a change in policy next season in terms of match by match prices.

I totally agree with you on the season ticket policy for this season (I assume you mean the retainer) but I think the changes this year for season ticket sales has been positive.

I couldn't agree more that we got it all horribly wrong last year.

ClaretTony2014
26-03-2015, 08:24 PM
Rome was never built in a day but following today's demonstration and the demands of the FSF, the Premier League has announced increased funding for grassroots facilities, solidarity payments to lower leagues, sporting and educational initiatives, and support of disadvantaged groups. Significantly, there is also a new commitment to funding work in relation to the matchday experience and fan engagement. - view external link (http://goo.gl/ku5eJl)

Goody1975
26-03-2015, 08:38 PM
"Goody1975 - we've charged north of 30 for match tickets in the Championship previously but I do think that there might be a change in policy next season in terms of match by match prices."

I realise the pricing structure last season and what that saw was crowds stunted on what they would have been a few years earlier with a similar league position, the way to keep people coming to the ground is by increasing season ticket sales and then attempting to put a product on show to keep them, the only chance to address this long term is by maintaining our Premier League status.