PDA

View Full Version : Last Burnley goals for Lafferty and Austin

ClaretTony2014
29-03-2015, 04:14 PM
This day, 29th March, hasn't produced anything particularly remarkable in the league over the years, but it is a date when we've played three FA Cup semi-finals of which we won none and didn't score a solitary goal.

In 1913 we travelled to Sheffield United's Bramall Lane to face Sunderland and came home with a 0-0 draw and a replay four days later at Birmingham City's St. Andrew's.

Exactly ten years later we were back at Bramall Lane, this time to face Aston Villa but there was to be no replay this time as Villa won the game 3-0.

That takes us to 1947 and our semi-final against Liverpool. Even if Wembley wasn't used for semi-finals these days I don't think they'd do what they did in the first post-war season and send us to play the tie at Ewood Park.

That's exactly what happened with the result the same as that in 1913, a 0-0 draw after extra time, and this time a replay to come at Maine Road. On this occasion we'd have two weeks to wait with the game again scheduled for a Saturday

wickdkewlclaret
29-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Lafferty currently having a blinder for N. Ireland!

todclaret
29-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Kyle of Danny?

I sense a visit to Wycombe is on the cards tomorrow...

ClaretTony2014
29-03-2015, 07:47 PM
"I sense a visit to Wycombe is on the cards tomorrow"

Maybe :D

herts_clarets
30-03-2015, 06:55 PM
A Luton fan at work said they drew with Burnley on this day 1980,1-1. Bob Hatton scored their goal but i can't find who got ours. Anyone fill the gap for me?